Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-10-2017, 01:40 AM
Guide
Is my dad sabotaging me?

My dad hounds me every chance he gets to do something revolving around his life, that i have no want or intention to do because i would have to drop everything and practically give up my life to meet his satisfaction.
Im trying to occupy myself with my own life and avoid him.
My question is, could he be sabotaging my life (through intent, manifestation, etc) to get what he wants? Do i need to just completly cut him out of my life?

Its sorta like if you and a friend wanted the same thing. Could they ruin your chance using their thoughts or the universe wheather intentional or not just so they can have it rather than you?
Old 27-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
My dad hounds me every chance he gets to do something revolving around his life, that i have no want or intention to do because i would have to drop everything and practically give up my life to meet his satisfaction.
My question is, could he be sabotaging my life (through intent, manifestation, etc) to get what he wants? Do i need to just completly cut him out of my life?

Its sorta like if you and a friend wanted the same thing. Could they ruin your chance using their thoughts or the universe wheather intentional or not just so they can have it rather than you?

Why not choose one day a week when you can be together and spend some quality time... Don't cut him out of your life, he's your Dad...
Old 27-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Lorelyen

Some parents just want to go on asserting their influence. It's difficult to let go particularly if they've been protective over the years (about which you don't comment).

Try to spend a little more time out of his reach. You need to show your intent to do your own thing but otherwise be affable, pleasant and positive.

I agree with sky123 about he is your your dad (with the implication that he's been your support over your younger years).
Old 27-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

There are some things only a parent understands simply because there are things that only parents can experience. I get the feeling that this isn't the full story somehow, but never mind. It's quite possible that your father feels as though he's losing you, that you're growing up and he is perceiving distance between you, whether thata's real or emotional. Sometimes it's hard for a parent to come to terms with the realisation that their offspring no longer features so much in their Lives, it's as though a part of them has been taken away. Amputated even.

What does your father want, and have you spoken about it to him? Perhaps all he wants is to know that he's not losing you. You're occupying yourself with your Life, so are you including him or are you creating distance between the two of you?
Old 27-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Knower
He seems to be controlling in nature. Can you move away from him?
Old 27-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Suspended
I don't know what your relationship is like with your father, if his not really unpleasant to be around whats so bad about hanging out with him once in a while? remember his going to die one day.
Old 28-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Guide
Quote:

Its not about the relationship. Im asking if someone close to you could unwittingly ruin your chances at oppurtunities because it goes against what they want?
Old 28-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Its not about the relationship. Im asking if someone close to you could unwittingly ruin your chances at oppurtunities because it goes against what they want?

Only if you let them, I suppose.

Old 29-10-2017, 02:47 AM
Guide

Imo, yes, they could. By pressuring, insisting, and making you feel uncomfortable in this situation, your father is affecting how you live, think, and feel.

It would be like having a dream of being an artist or writer, both of which typically demand a lot of time and concentration, and someone keeps nagging you to watch TV with them, or go shopping or to a movie with them.

In a distracted frame of mind like that, it would be incredibly easy to miss opportunities, not see chances, not be open to creativity.

And yes, if someone close to you is essentially angry and resentful because you aren't doing as they wish, the negative energies could definitely affect or disperse positive things that try to come to you.
Old 29-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Master
Taking stabs in the dark about what's really troubling Brucely isn't going to help him any.

Until and unless Brucely spells it out a lot better, we're just wasting time.