Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 16-01-2014, 04:57 PM
jennifer006

being a senstive is no fun

wish I did not pick up on peoples emotions . .I was born with this ability i have other abilitys also . wish .i could shut it this off .
Old 16-01-2014, 05:14 PM
LillyMoon

everyone has the ability, it is called empathy. some people are more in tune with bit. to be able to control it you must learn how to shield yourself.
Old 16-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Guide
I dont beleive everyone has empathy, but this kind of empathy is psychic empathy where you can feel the others emotions and there is just empathy where you can sympathize with someone or put yourself in their shoes but there is people who just dont care about other peoples feelings. People with personality disorders and mental disorders lack empathy.
Old 16-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Ascender
I hear ya. I wish I could turn off my ability to sense these beings. It's annoying and can be terrifying when out of nowhere you hear a voice in your ear.
Old 17-01-2014, 04:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha
People with personality disorders and mental disorders lack empathy.

I don't think that's true across the board - just because you don't have empathy (and some people don't - or very little) it does not mean you have a personality disorder or mental disorder.

Jennifer - I believe you have a gift and if you're truly an empath you could help people heal. I know you probably feel bombarded with so many feelings and emotions that it's sometimes hard to handle. You can learn to turn it off but it will not happen overnight. It may help if you take a look here http://www.psychicbutsane.com/empath...active-empathy
Old 17-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Ascender
I resent the statement that someone with a mental disorder lacks empathy. I suffer from clinical depression and P.T.S.D, and I'm an empath. I have a very strong connection with others where it concerns emotion.
Old 17-01-2014, 09:32 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
I resent the statement that someone with a mental disorder lacks empathy. I suffer from clinical depression and P.T.S.D, and I'm an empath. I have a very strong connection with others where it concerns emotion.

Clinical depression is a mood disorder & PTSD is an anxiety disorder ...
They go hand in hand after a traumatic experience ...
People w/anti social disorders (psychopaths/sociopaths) lack empathy ...
Personality/mental disorders such as schizophrenia, Autism/Aspergers, Bipolar disorder can also cause a lack empathy ...
Some people never resolve their anger or resentment or burn out issues; it can create anti social disorder & a lack of empathy ...
One of the greatest skills people w/anti social disorders have is the ability to detect the emotions of others to take advantage of them ...

When a person has been victimized their instincts become distorted - they continue to be on high alert/survival mode, highly sensitive to general remarks, strike quickly & many times misterpret/misjudge words or actions as well as imagine a perceived threat due to fear ...
It takes years of work to once again trust one's self & to be feel safe in the world self again ...
All the best w/your therapy ...
Been there, done that - it brought peace & solace in surrendering/releasing/resolving the pain I carried for decades ...
Old 17-01-2014, 09:34 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer006
wish I did not pick up on peoples emotions . .I was born with this ability i have other abilitys also . wish .i could shut it this off .

I agree ...
I learned to block it so can you ...
Old 18-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Ascender
I may suffer from hypervigilance, but that in no way means I confuse thoughts and feelings coming from other people. Please don't make such a sweeping generalisation about people with disorders. It's highly unfair and simply not truel
Old 19-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Master
Then make it fun

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx