Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
I think it was just pot luck of the universe

Unfortunately, for some people, I am a person who is always wondering. Even the smallest details interest me. The list of questions I have has no end. Meaning I never really am satisfied. The question I asked here hasn't been responded to in the way I had hoped. I'm not being disrespectful or in any way disparaging. It's my problem that my head gets busy with these things.

AraceliCianna's response was one which offered a possibility and indeed could well be an answer. In fact there's no evidence for anything else.
Old 14-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
AraceliCianna's response was one which offered a possibility and indeed could well be an answer. In fact there's no evidence for anything else.
Some say you 'see' what you 'believe'. Othes say you ex-peer-ience what's 'in'side of 'you' as being 'out'side of 'you' (and so 'see' as 'self'-evident truth).
Old 14-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Some say you 'see' what you 'believe'. Othes say you ex-peer-ience what's 'in'side of 'you' as being 'out'side of 'you' (and so 'see' as 'self'-evident truth).

That would be accepting the world going round in circles actually. There is a song which comes on the radio from 'Whistle Down The Wind' it's called 'What you believe is true'.
Old 14-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Master
[quote+davidsun]Some say you 'see' what you 'believe'. Othes say you ex-peer-ience what's 'in'side of 'you' as being 'out'side of 'you' (and so 'see' as 'self'-evident truth).[/quote]
Quote:
That would be accepting the world going round in circles actually. There is a song which comes on the radio from 'Whistle Down The Wind' it's called 'What you believe is true'.
Not IF one changes one's 'beliefs' and/or the 'nature' of one's character (ie. of what's going on 'in'side one's self).
Old 15-10-2018, 11:01 AM
Master

Dear davidsun / Looking back over the past decades I'm really not in a position to say how many times my belief has changed. An English medium once told me things about my life that she could not possibly have known. Then she added 'you are a person who cannot commit himself to any belief.' I can accept that without any second thoughts. Once a belief has taken some sort of root in my belief system I know that the moment will come when I'll be faced with information which will set the present belief tumbling like a pack of cards. It's a situation which often repeats itself. Once again, today, I'm standing on the threshold of change, a challenge I nevertheless always enjoy as I feel that only so can I cover the ground at the speed which I so desire.
As a child of nine or ten, playing on a London street, I was suddenly faced with an unbelievable insight or opening of consciousness which showed me how the world 'outside' is based on false presumptions - something which has taken me a long time to define. This initial perception or understanding has continued through my life at various times completely without warning. Each time it has happened I have taken the trouble to write down a description of my let's say 'odd' experiences which have ranged from the simple to the sublime but which have, each time, changed my perception of what life really is. These written descriptions of what amounts to another plane of reality will pass onto my children (grown men now), I don't know if they will be appreciated but that won't be a problem for me. The contents of these descriptions is naturally the reason why I busy myself on this and other forums. I have, over the years found others who have had similar experiences and see that whatever it is that lies beyond or behind our everyday lives is very elusive and only appears when it finds the time is ripe.

Fortunately I'm in love with life and get up each morning with a strong urge to experience the daily happenings, those which surround all of us in various and multiple forms.

As you can see I know how beliefs can change!
Old 15-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Dear davidsun / Looking back over the past decades I'm really not in a position to say how many times my belief has changed. An English medium once told me things about my life that she could not possibly have known. Then she added 'you are a person who cannot commit himself to any belief.' I can accept that without any second thoughts. Once a belief has taken some sort of root in my belief system I know that the moment will come when I'll be faced with information which will set the present belief tumbling like a pack of cards. It's a situation which often repeats itself. Once again, today, I'm standing on the threshold of change, a challenge I nevertheless always enjoy as I feel that only so can I cover the ground at the speed which I so desire.
As a child of nine or ten, playing on a London street, I was suddenly faced with an unbelievable insight or opening of consciousness which showed me how the world 'outside' is based on false presumptions - something which has taken me a long time to define. This initial perception or understanding has continued through my life at various times completely without warning. Each time it has happened I have taken the trouble to write down a description of my let's say 'odd' experiences which have ranged from the simple to the sublime but which have, each time, changed my perception of what life really is. These written descriptions of what amounts to another plane of reality will pass onto my children (grown men now), I don't know if they will be appreciated but that won't be a problem for me. The contents of these descriptions is naturally the reason why I busy myself on this and other forums. I have, over the years found others who have had similar experiences and see that whatever it is that lies beyond or behind our everyday lives is very elusive and only appears when it finds the time is ripe.

Fortunately I'm in love with life and get up each morning with a strong urge to experience the daily happenings, those which surround all of us in various and multiple forms.

As you can see I know how beliefs can change!
Woohoo, Bro!
Old 16-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Seeker

[quote=Busby]why you came onto the planet Earth as a human?
Maybe you have wondered, as I do, who or what or why you were born right at the top of the league of life - were life a football match you'd have to win all your games to get the pride of place at the end. In other words what have you done to have deserved such a privilege?
Being born into this life as a human is, on balance, quite a rare thing. There are millions of life species on this globe and countless members of some of these species. And yet, here you are, right at the top of the table, so why are you not a Siberian Tiger (an even rarer form to assume than a human) or an elephant (still rarer than a human but not as rare as a duck-billed-platypus). One could under the circumstances even ask why you are not a giant redwood tree or a tulip.

Wow, I am glad that I have found another person who had the same thought as me.

Since young, I have always asked myself what is the purpose of life. I was very inspired by the story of how Lord Buddha, who was born a royal prince, chose to give up his life of riches just to pursue the true purpose of life. I understand that life is much bigger than accumulating fame and wealth.

But what is the true purpose of life w? To me, I always ponder this burning question: where I am from and the purpose of my existence? As I progressed deeper in my spiritual journey, I got more than I bargained for. I discovered that many of my inherent belief were wrong and downright selfish. I also started to view the world differently from a compassionate angle.

I would say that I am richly rewarded for my efforts to find the answer to your lifelong question. Perhaps, I would suggest that you embark on your own journey to find the answers to your questions. Nobody can give you your answer as we have different paths in life. Keep an open mind and I guess your answer soon enough.

Good luck.
Old 16-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Seeker

[quote=Busby]why you came onto the planet Earth as a human?
Maybe you have wondered, as I do, who or what or why you were born right at the top of the league of life - were life a football match you'd have to win all your games to get the pride of place at the end. In other words what have you done to have deserved such a privilege?
Being born into this life as a human is, on balance, quite a rare thing. There are millions of life species on this globe and countless members of some of these species. And yet, here you are, right at the top of the table, so why are you not a Siberian Tiger (an even rarer form to assume than a human) or an elephant (still rarer than a human but not as rare as a duck-billed-platypus). One could under the circumstances even ask why you are not a giant redwood tree or a tulip.

Wow, I am glad that I have found another person who had the same thought as me.

Since young, I have always asked myself what is the purpose of life. I was very inspired by the story of how Lord Buddha, who was born a royal prince, chose to give up his life of riches just to pursue the true purpose of life. I understand that life is much bigger than accumulating fame and wealth.

But what is the true purpose of life w? To me, I always ponder this burning question: where I am from and the purpose of my existence? As I progressed deeper in my spiritual journey, I got more than I bargained for. I discovered that many of my inherent belief were wrong and downright selfish. I also started to view the world differently from a compassionate angle.

I would say that I am richly rewarded for my efforts to find the answer to your lifelong question. Perhaps, I would suggest that you embark on your own journey to find the answers to your questions. Nobody can give you your answer as we have different paths in life. Keep an open mind and I guess your answer soon enough.

Good luck.
Old 16-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Oh believe me my friend, I'm asking myself every damn day why I am here. I don't know what was going on before I was born, but I'm pretty sure that I never asked to be here if I knew what kind of a sh#thole planet Earth turned out to be. That being said, since animals and humans are different beings/souls, I don't think it's a 50-50 chance whether we'd be born as a polar bear (or any animal) or a human. On top of that, who is to say polar bears have it much worse than we do? They have evolved to live and survive in hard conditions that would be near if not impossible to us. Polar bears also aren't capable of questioning life, they just function on their basic instincts without being self-aware. I could be wrong but I doubt any of us here would have a chance of being born as an animal because of our different souls.
Old 16-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Oh believe me my friend, I'm asking myself every damn day why I am here. I don't know what was going on before I was born, but I'm pretty sure that I never asked to be here if I knew what kind of a sh#thole planet Earth turned out to be. That being said, since animals and humans are different beings/souls, I don't think it's a 50-50 chance whether we'd be born as a polar bear (or any animal) or a human. On top of that, who is to say polar bears have it much worse than we do? They have evolved to live and survive in hard conditions that would be near if not impossible to us. Polar bears also aren't capable of questioning life, they just function on their basic instincts without being self-aware. I could be wrong but I doubt any of us here would have a chance of being born as an animal because of our different souls.
Maybe 'you' are here to ex-peer-ience, i.e. for Life (which you are an aspect of?) to ex-peer-ience, utter disappointment and dissatisfaction.

It is said (I'm not saying that said saying is the be all and end all of truth, mind you!) that there's a (shining) silver lining to every (dark) cloud.

Wonder what 'yours' might possibly be. Who knows, if 'you' were to discover the answer to the 'riddle', Life (Itself) might be enlightened thereby.