Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 18-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Can anyone shed some light?

Ok,

So i wasn't sure where to post this as I couldn't find a category that seemed to fit so im sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.

I have been practising magik/spell work for many years and this has never happaned before so im unsure of what to make of it.

I decided to combine a few practices mojo bag/honey jat spell to keep a sort of honey jar mojo bag under the bed, we have been trying to convince for some time and have got the go ahead for fertility treatment.

I decided to do some spell work this morning, combined my ingredients (Basil, honey, sugar, corriander, tumeric, hemp oil, some hair, a drop of blood, a crescent moon, a bell pendant, a tigers eye and a jade stone). I put alot more energy into it than usual, I'm not sure why, it was just flowing.

The working went well, lit great, felt good then i accidently blew it out oops. Relit fine, it burnt very fast with a good strong flame, way quicker than anything I am familiar with, I took this as a good sign. But then towards the end the flame parted slightly, not completely, and started twirling and dancing with an absolutely enormous blue flame, and then the glass cracked. I've never had this happen and don't know what to make of it? It was all going so well in the beginning. It then burnt right down with a steady white flame and then extinguished with a vast amount of white smoke (never see smoke before) the smoke lasted for ages and then left behind a black smudge at the top of the glass.

Can anyone help with what this means or what happaned and if there is anything i need to do next?

Thanks for reading.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

X
Old 18-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Master
Hello.

What this means- What it means is simply physics won out over the Glass- Container? Cup? you were using. That is all. The heat from the flame, cracked and smudged the glass. It is a normal occurrence and reaction of glass to heat.

What happened- The heat from the flame cracked and smudged your glass container- glass is very sensitive to heat and cold both. If you put a glass container/bottle etc in a freezer and leave it there long enough- the glass will freeze and explode. If you use a flame and heat glass long enough, it will smudge and it will crack.

So to recap here- Again Physics simply won out over your glass container.

As for your working- I feel it most likely went absolutely fine. The working probably went off without a hitch. Your container on the other hand, did not survive.

Final thoughts for you here- You are worrying too much perhaps, and you seem to be looking for signs within the flame to show how your work is coming along. Have faith that your working is working, and do not stress so much over the rest, over needing to find some outward sign, and worry less about the results working. With the emotion of worry/anxiety being felt during your rituals, if it continues, you will call real reasons to worry to yourself. Relax during your spell work, and keep faith.

Anything you may need to do next- I would suggest using a ceramic container for future in your working spells works, as opposed to a glass one. Heat from a flame is less likely to react that way with ceramics and destined to do what it did to glass. Perhaps considering using a ceramic bowl, for your work with flame/fire from now on. Use ceramic for burning herbs, or something else that is fire safe.

I do not recommend using glass.

Other than that, have faith that your spell worked out fine.

You had an experience with physics during the working, and learned a valuable lesson about how glass items, objects react to fire.

Worry less.

All my best to you.
Old 18-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you.

I usually do use a ceramic dish but I had a candle jar that to hand, got rid of the old wax in it and repurposed it. That's what I dont get, it wasn't an ordinary glass jar it was a candle one, aren't they usually a bit more heat resistent?

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated x
Old 18-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
That's what I dont get, it wasn't an ordinary glass jar it was a candle one, aren't they usually a bit more heat resistent?

You'd think so, however not always. I've had a tea-light candle holder made of glass, used for tea-lights, break on me due to the heat of the flame. Depends actually I suppose on how well made it is. Did you have the jar lidded? If you had the lid on, and somehow managed to get the flame to continue to burn (without it snuffing out due to lack of air) then I suppose that would definitely make the glass crack.

Other than that, if it was a candle jar it is still capable of cracking, especially if you were burning herbs straight within it with fire- or not a candle.

Burning herbs or your spell ingredients within it can produce more than enough heat to make the glass crack. If you mean you used an actual candle in it- just lighting a candle and it cracked, then yes that would indicate the jar to be cheaply made. If it is for a candle and you use a candle? Yeah that would be rather odd. If it is for a candle and you set a fire within for the purpose of burning incense/ or herbs used in a spell, yes I'd expect it to crack.

A fire in a jar is much different than a lit candle.

Yes I would simply use ceramic, unless you are rather fond of breaking glass during a spell- there are actually people I am sure who love when this happens- think illusory magic , in such magic glass exploding some would simply consider flare and effect, lol.

Great idea to re-purpose candle jars by removing the wax, though perhaps re-purpose less with fire. A great idea or two for re-purpose of small jar candles is filling them with gems, stones, sea shells etc, getting them on a string and using them as handmade pendulums if you do any pendulum work. Or putting in loose change and a stone, or herb that represents something monetary, and making a small money charm-attractant.

That is to say there are plenty of creative ways to re-purpose those good old jar candles, perhaps with less of a glass breakage. Keep experimenting for sure.

Good luck.
Old 18-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Hey yeah i get what you mean. I wasnt burning anything in it special, just burning a normal candle in a candle jar lol, and yeah the lid wasn't on lol. If done this before with a same kinda jars and theyve never cracked before. Wasn't a fun experience, cant say im one of those fond of breaking glass candle jars lol.

Thanks for the reply, it did make me chuckle.