Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 07-11-2017, 05:02 AM
Knower

Bugs And Diatomaceous Earth

Hello all! I just thought of something since diatomaceous earth is a common natural bug-killer. It's my understanding that diatomaceous earth is from diatom (marine) fossils, and bugs were around before the dinosaurs (and are thought to have evolved from water). So how is it that DE kills bugs? How is it that bugs, who have the ability to evolve for survival over time, are still brought to their end by DE? I was just curious about that if anybody knows.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatitudePluto
Hello all! I just thought of something since diatomaceous earth is a common natural bug-killer. It's my understanding that diatomaceous earth is from diatom (marine) fossils, and bugs were around before the dinosaurs (and are thought to have evolved from water). So how is it that DE kills bugs? How is it that bugs, who have the ability to evolve for survival over time, are still brought to their end by DE? I was just curious about that if anybody knows.

I use DE food grade once in a while. Not only has it been used for decades on pets and farm animals but it can be good even for humans as well. From what I understand of it is that Diatomes are very fine tiny microscopic organisms which are obtained from the plankton at the bottom of the ocean. If they were to be observed under a microscope they have razor sharp edges which is what will score the internal parasites or worms in an animal which in turn will cause them to dehydrate and shrivel up and die. To the touch DE food grade is so soft it feels similar to baking powder so it is not harmful to the animal itself. It can also be used as a flea treatment in the summer months which can not only be rubbed into the animals coat to skin level but it can also be used on carpets in the home. The fleas will try to walk thru the carpet fibers and if they brush up against these diatomes with razor like edges they will "score" their exoskeletal outside shell causing them to shrivel up and die. Same as on the animals coat. I personally use it in summer in my carpets and let it sit for over 24 hours before vacuuming it up. It is a great all natural way to handle both internal or external parasite in both the home or on pets. And that is what I understand of how it works. No chemicals to risk in the home or on pets...it's all natural.
Old 16-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Master
I read that DE is not good for honey bees and to avoid using them around blossoms. It also kills spiders. I happen to like spiders as they are beneficial for feasting on indoor and outdoor pests. Nice to know that it's good for flea treatment.