Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-09-2015, 10:34 PM
Master
Angel1

Hi Sparrow.
Nice to see you back with us
Old 21-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
I haven't always been the nicest person sparrow, and i look back at my life with some regrets at the actions that ive taken, or the words ive spoken in anger, or gossip, and i am not proud of those times....and i sometimes wonder if my spirit will be able to take (be stong enough) the life overview when it comes.....i do pray that I will be forgiving of myself for some of my not so worthy moments....As I age, I now tend to reflect on life and see it in a different light than when i did when i was younger, growing and learning, both as a human being and spiritually.... I hope that my soul self will know that it was just an experience, and that i learned from my lesser moments, and grew mostly, with love and caring for others and myself....Im still human, and i still make mistakes......i guess i would rather be 'perfect'...but i know that is a big ask, from one who always slips back into old patterns now and again......

I look forward to Sparrow's reply for you Dragonfly1, because I too have not lived a 'perfect' life. I was brought up well, with loving parents, but have memories of a few un-loving things which I have done. Those deeds do stand out in my own reviews of my life. I have learned to ask the question "Is that what I would do now?" And to answer myself in stark honesty.
I have found that no -those are not the things I would do now. Not owing to any desire to be 'spiritual' but because I do not have the same feelings and desires as I had back then. I have changed.
Yet I know there are still some things which I do which are not perfect at all.

But I think we can all look back on some things done earlier in life, and say we couldn't do the same now.
I often think about the way feeling and experience shape us to change, as if we are rocks being shaped by the water of a stream. And in years to come those things we do now will not be in our mind-set. It is a learning journey. And no-one's deeds are set in stone forever.
Old 22-09-2015, 05:41 AM
Master
Yes, tobi, I agree, with age comes wisdom, but not always....Some of the things ive done I would never do now, and ive learned to look at all things in a new light, a better one I feel...even though I'm physically aging not so well, I would rather the me I am now than the one that I was, I may have been nice to look at but the inner me wasn't so nice....but in saying that, the journey to now has been one that has shaped me into who I am now......and hopefully that is a much better one than I was...so I wouldn't change anything, it is part of who I am.....but I still feel a little anxious thinking on my life review....oh well.....
Old 22-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Dear metal68,

I would be happy to clarify this further.

Yes it happens, just not in the time frame, frequency (or amount of lifetimes) expressed in your published media. Or I have to say, even on the same planet. Some I have noticed claim to have had fifty or even a hundred lifetimes on the Earth, not realising they have actually simply tapped into the lifetimes of those of their own soul group or contact group, so they then presume it was them who actually lived them. Most beings do not feel it necessary or feel the desire to return to such a restrictive vibration having already experienced it first hand. The nature of the innocent soul is that it struggles to cope with the trauma and challenge of one lifetime in physical density, let alone fifty or a hundred as some have claimed.

Yes it is voluntary. You are never forced to have a physical existence because it is not a requisite of spiritual growth.

Your old personality, as you say, would either have been diluted into the personality of your spirit identity at that point, or if it contained prominent characteristics that they did not want to lose they will be carried over into physical state.

Who you are in spirit would be the being you have existed as for millions of years prior to Earths creation. You would simply merge with that identity; the being you have been within your soul group prior to having a physical life. This identity has its own name which has nothing whatsoever to do with human culture or human language. The human persona you presently wear is but one of many identities you have worn in many dimensions. You will no longer be referred to as the name you presently have, except perhaps by your biological family, nor will your activities necessarily relate to the Earth or the life forms upon it.

-Sparrow

Thankyou spirit. This still seems to be an end to the individual entity that lived on earth though?? Or is it just that after death, from our pov, our awareness is expanded so we know more about our true nature?? We are still us, just a million times more??

How might this tie in with for example the descriptions in the Anthony Borgia World Unseen book where people clearly hold their identities in the next life??

PS spirit, if you get chance would you kindly have a look at my thread in the books forum, a list of afterlife related books. Id really appreciate your feedback on any that you might have read and consider to be the most accurate. Have you read the Michael newton books for example and what is your opinion on past life/life between lives regression?
Old 26-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
I haven't always been the nicest person sparrow, and i look back at my life with some regrets at the actions that ive taken, or the words ive spoken in anger, or gossip, and i am not proud of those times....and i sometimes wonder if my spirit will be able to take (be stong enough) the life overview when it comes.....i do pray that I will be forgiving of myself for some of my not so worthy moments....As I age, I now tend to reflect on life and see it in a different light than when i did when i was younger, growing and learning, both as a human being and spiritually.... I hope that my soul self will know that it was just an experience, and that i learned from my lesser moments, and grew mostly, with love and caring for others and myself....Im still human, and i still make mistakes......i guess i would rather be 'perfect'...but i know that is a big ask, from one who always slips back into old patterns now and again......

What I hear from Sparrow and discern from being is that the familiar self-judgements and limited ways of looking at ourselves that we often get stuck in will dissipate , left behind, and there will be a vastly broadened perspective and awareness of selfness (not singular human self we seem to be largely limited to here) . It won't be like going to court and having all the charges read against us , or going to the Principal's office, or getting in trouble with police. It won't be anything like anything here in this world , because it won't be in or of this world.

I heard that there will be unlimited compassion, insight, support , and love surrounding the assesment and appreciation of that was our life here. I heard that nothing is to be feared or fraught over , unless we choose to continue to wallow in self-judgement and self-imposed limitation . Things like that , that's it's not about being evaluated , but is simply (and complexly) about insight , perspective , and assimilation of experience into larger aspects of beingness and selfness (or something like that). I heard from Sparrow that it is all good. No judge, no jury, no punishment , because all those are things we made up here, that don't exist 'there'.

I never had an official , by-the-book NDE , but I came close enough that I was given the opportunity to start a new life with a new outlook , all at once, after a very unpleasant first 31 years . The process of recovering from the person I used to be forced the new me to do a whole lot of life-and-self reviewing right here in this body , and the list of cringeworthy things I lived through and created for myself as an emotionally -damaged child, teenage drug addict , brokenhearted , self-loathing, self-pitying, alcoholic , bulimic
sociopath is a long and terrible list by almost any standard .
Not a day goes by that something nasty, dirty, ugly, sad, embarassing, tragic, pathetic, insanely stupid , or emotionally traumatic doesn't drift up from the depths of that old person I was .

The pivot point in time was 1988 , when I accidentally detoxed from alcohol, went into DT hallucinations for 3 days , and then landed in a padded cell in jail, and then 5 weeks in a rehab clinic. After that I had to either look hard and real at who I was and how I'd been living , and change , or go back to being the old person and probably die fairly quickly and very painfully. I was very afraid to die in that state , for fear of becoming stuck in some kind of hellish realm of confusion and disconnection from Spirit . Now I see that that may not have happened , but at the time , the prospect was terrifying .
So I chose change , and a huge part of that was going in deep and digging up the dirty stuff that I'd been burying for so long , and allowing things to come up, and learning how to let them pass through me. How to accept these awful things that were part of me , that were the me I had made myself to be , how to let go of the self-hate and judgement , and how to stop doing the same kind of things that allowed those unpleasant emotional
disturbances to build up.

Point being , we have a great opportunity and ability right here and now to review ourselves , and let go of the heavy things that hold us down . It doesn't have to be about judging ourselves, and it should be about forgiving ourselves and learning how to be better , and opening up to larger aspects of our being now , instead of worrying about what's going to happen afterwards . Seems like the more we relax ( after a bit of work ) about it all here , the more beautiful and expansive it will be 'there' .
Old 27-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator
Swami Chihuahuananda.....that was most beautifully expressed.

I feel that way about the 'life review'. With love, acceptance, honesty, and a few other things in the heart, we can do a life review right now, anytime, and move on with a better perspective through the tremendous opportunity which life provides.
Old 27-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Master
I understand what you are saying here Swami,...I already know what it is you are saying.....my point to sparrow (answering his ? to me) was that I hope that my soul/spirit will accept all of my life shortcomings (I have a few) and move forward rather than be mired in guilt for those things which may prevent or prolong my advancement to higher vibration, I have looked at and evaluated a lot of things (the ones I can remember) and have worked on them to let them go ..but...I can only look at it from a human perspective because that is what I am in the present....I don't have a memory of my previous energetic life/lives (I think??)......so of course I am going to only think as my human mind feels.....but thank you for your words....... :)
Old 27-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
I understand what you are saying here Swami,...I already know what it is you are saying.....my point to sparrow (answering his ? to me) was that I hope that my soul/spirit will accept all of my life shortcomings (I have a few) and move forward rather than be mired in guilt for those things which may prevent or prolong my advancement to higher vibration, I have looked at and evaluated a lot of things (the ones I can remember) and have worked on them to let them go ..but...I can only look at it from a human perspective because that is what I am in the present....I don't have a memory of my previous energetic life/lives (I think??)......so of course I am going to only think as my human mind feels.....but thank you for your words....... :)

You're welcome. I'll just keep rambling a bit more and maybe some more things will hit. I mostly maintain the human perspective , though I think and imagine and sometimes experience other areas or energetic states . I have accepted that , in this life, that's how it is , because .... because because because because (Wizard of Oz song ) ... because that's the way it goes ; it goes that way (Laurie Anderson song , now ) .
Like, it's where I'm , like, at now , and I like it . I have a taste of the endless love and energy and possibility that exists , but that only comes in \flashes and small doses, but it's enough to confirm my highest imaginings and expectations . It's like you just said, I seem to only operate though this human apparatus, though I understand that this is but one active expression among many . Reading some other things from the winged one has made accepting and understanding that this isn't a diminished state of being has been important . It's not what it imagines to be the highest , but it is a very specific, very purposeful, very interesting useful, and often very beautiful and loving expression and experience of ..... well , it's like the old saying (that I borrowed) goes "you are the entire Universe expressing itself as a single point" , and just getting a grasp on that is an expansive perspective that blows the little mind of the little human that thinks it .

So, rambling back to the self-review sort of thing , it seems to me that because you are here (in this space of self-insight and review) , you are already ready to .... not get in the way of yourself ... at such a time that you
leave this Earthly realm . Being willing to let go is the start of the process, and it's an ever-peeling onion of layers . As we let go of one , the next one comes up to be dealt with , understood,reviewed,processed , and ... on to the next. As our perceptions of self evolve and expand , we become aware of more depth and our perspective on life's events mutates just a little more . A little newer perspective allows us to see another layer in, and the process goes on .

In terms of my former life in this body, there has been a huge amount of upheaval and evolution , going from a totally lost , sad, screwed-up kid , to
a very different kind of person , and all the things that are of this life offer opportunity for perspective and discernment , and it took a certain amount of discernment and evolving perspective to facilitate all the changes. It's an interwoven process ; the perspective evolves , and the evolution gives perspective. Or something like that .

About our maybe becoming too mired in guilt to move forward at that later time ... why even worry about it ? We can beat ourselves up all day , and feel guilty all we want, but why keep doing that when all it does is create a cycle of fear and more guilt. We have to forgive ourselves for being human .
We have to accept aspects of ourselves and things we've done , and know that the only heavy burdens of judgement that might weigh us down will be those we place upon ourselves, and we don't even need to do it . For me , it wasn't (still isn't always) easy to honestly look back at and FEEL all the unpleasant things from life , but doing that is infinitely better than continuing to carry it all around bundled up and rotting inside. I used to be
a horrible person; a lying, stealing, drunken, degenerate scumbag pervert , and I can laugh about it now, because I got to own it all and forgive myself, and figure out how to not be compelled to act in ways that made me feel like that . It's back to what we call wholeness. We accept all aspects of self , and understand that we have the choice of what aspects we want to focus on . We don't stamp out or try and remove all the 'negative' things. We allow them to be what they are, but put them where they belong . We don't hide them and fear them , we just accept them and move on to what's more important, what's more of who we choose to be now .

So , we get to let go of our guilt in this life (with a bit of work) , and the evolving perspectives on self do just that : evolve , and it seems like it's a short hop from feeling guilty about things to having compassion towards those we did things to that catalyze the guilt, to having compassion and forgiveness towards ourselves , and it seems like that can open the floodgates to ... whatever is next ; next steps on Earth, or endless love and energy into next worlds when we walk (or float upside down, or whatever ) away from here .

(really, that was like three sentences in my head earlier today )

Dar
Old 27-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Swami Chihuahuananda.....that was most beautifully expressed.

I feel that way about the 'life review'. With love, acceptance, honesty, and a few other things in the heart, we can do a life review right now, anytime, and move on with a better perspective through the tremendous opportunity which life provides.

Hey, I like that . You just condensed a page of my ramblings down to two sentences . That's impressive !
Old 11-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Thankyou spirit. This still seems to be an end to the individual entity that lived on earth though?? Or is it just that after death, from our pov, our awareness is expanded so we know more about our true nature?? We are still us, just a million times more??

How might this tie in with for example the descriptions in the Anthony Borgia World Unseen book where people clearly hold their identities in the next life??

PS spirit, if you get chance would you kindly have a look at my thread in the books forum, a list of afterlife related books. Id really appreciate your feedback on any that you might have read and consider to be the most accurate. Have you read the Michael newton books for example and what is your opinion on past life/life between lives regression?

Dear metal68,

I thank you for waiting for my response.
I am pleased to once again swim in this community of contemplation.

Quote:

For the most part, yes, the awareness is generally expanded to incorporate the core identity of who you were before. You would benefit in the understanding that you have existed as an individual identity in other realms for millions of years, and your fleeting physical existence as your current persona is just like a short trip away. After all, what is 70-80 years next to millions? And yet the human ego makes such a fuss over this fleeting experience it is so reluctant to open the mind to what else exists for the individual.

It is entirely up to you if you wish to continue playing this character you are playing presently. Think of it as a suit of clothes you may at times wish to wear to certain functions or events within the spirit realm. Generally you will not require a physical appearance as it will not be something of immediate importance or relevance once in other realms. You may of course still imitate certain characteristics of behaviour or personality you wore as a physical being. It is entirely up to you. You may actually wish to continue aiding those in physical state and make use of your physical persona to do so.

Quote:

Well when such literary works are produced by such things as mediums, we are talking about communication from those in spirit who retain close affiliations with those still remaining on the Earth. These specific beings will obviously retain their physical life characteristics in order to help the medium relate to them, and vice versa. You would not, for example, have the spirit suggest themselves to wear the appearance of a 7 foot Algerian alien from time to time, simply because it would jeopardize the material and authenticity of the medium and the spirit communicator. We are aware that many mediums and such writers actually exclude information they have been given because it was of a more unbelievable or sensitive nature. We cannot presume all information is interpreted accurately by such medium, nor presume all that has been communicated by the spirit is all there is to know, and all there is to represent the whole of the spirit world.

Quote:

I could not benefit you with a review of such authors material for I have not felt the need to acquire their individual perception of interpretation. I would be more than happy to comment on any quotations made by or through such books should you desire my personal opinion.

-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸