Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 02-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesliketoplay
Thanks, Jyotir, but in this scenario, how are decisions made? You come to a fork in the road and keep walking, in surrendering one's will so to speak, how is a choice made and how does one distinguish between's one own will and that of God?

Hi beesliketoplay,

In spite of sincere best effort, there is ignorance, failure, as well as correct action and success. The fact is: Unless and until we are very far along on the path, we don't know the bigger picture (i.e. operating in pure truth-consciousness), and therefore often don't have the capacity to make that assessment of our actions in the larger context, and frequently even for ourselves. This is why offering results of all action is wise. Be sincere and true to self in the moment, but then offer all results (which is detachment - not indifference) - God knows; God forgives; God provides opportunity; God transforms consciousness accordingly. Attachment to ignorance and failure, incessant retrospection, guilt and regret cannot be progressive. We need to move forward.

Intuition is the descent of a higher consciousness, more illumined, subjective and holistic than objective desire-rational-ego-mind. It is ultimately more reliable provided it is not doubted (negated) or contaminated by lower cognitive function, which happens often ("Why didn't I listen to that intuition?!"; "Why did I know and feel the 'right' thing, but end up doing the 'wrong' thing??")

The traditional prescription within a dedicated spiritual practice is to:
1) offer results of all action to God, which leads increasingly to
2) intuiting God's Will, which leads increasingly to
3) becoming God's Will (this is obviously an advanced stage, which cannot be approached without first having substantial basis in the 2 previous)

~ J
Old 03-11-2016, 04:12 AM
Suspended

Thank you, Jyotir. Sometimes I think that I can sense what I could/should do but I am so, so scared to.

In gratitude.

bees
Old 05-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi beesliketoplay,

In spite of sincere best effort, there is ignorance, failure, as well as correct action and success. The fact is: Unless and until we are very far along on the path, we don't know the bigger picture (i.e. operating in pure truth-consciousness), and therefore often don't have the capacity to make that assessment of our actions in the larger context, and frequently even for ourselves. This is why offering results of all action is wise. Be sincere and true to self in the moment, but then offer all results (which is detachment - not indifference) - God knows; God forgives; God provides opportunity; God transforms consciousness accordingly. Attachment to ignorance and failure, incessant retrospection, guilt and regret cannot be progressive. We need to move forward.

Intuition is the descent of a higher consciousness, more illumined, subjective and holistic than objective desire-rational-ego-mind. It is ultimately more reliable provided it is not doubted (negated) or contaminated by lower cognitive function, which happens often ("Why didn't I listen to that intuition?!"; "Why did I know and feel the 'right' thing, but end up doing the 'wrong' thing??")

The traditional prescription within a dedicated spiritual practice is to:
1) offer results of all action to God, which leads increasingly to
2) intuiting God's Will, which leads increasingly to
3) becoming God's Will (this is obviously an advanced stage, which cannot be approached without first having substantial basis in the 2 previous)

~ J

Very very well put !
Old 05-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesliketoplay
Thank you, Jyotir. Sometimes I think that I can sense what I could/should do but I am so, so scared to.

In gratitude.

bees

It all starts with faith and, when one "can sense what I could/should do" and one just does it, the results build confidence which transforms into trust which leads to total surrender exactly as Jyotir described it.

At one time, I too was "uncomfortable" or, as you put it, "scared", to just do "what I could/should" but that goes away as trust and surrender emerge quite naturally as one just does "what I could/should" more and more intuitively and continuously in full accordance with the "Thy Will Be Done" Principle.