Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Knower
The point is that we humans cannot and never will agree what "good", "clean”, or "healthy" really means to our planet or our species. We are far too small to truly understand. All we have are our own experiences, and even Saturnus is just another being with one perspective among many others.

There, a contribution. If Saturday is named for Saturnus, what value should his opinion hold on any other day? Among peoples around the world who understsnd their days differently? Should the will of Saturnus not be limited to the Romans, or descendants thereof? Should the will of Cronus not be limited to Greece? Why should we not make a mockery of them, aside from general respect for all beings? Do these currently desire any adherence to his rule? Are they angry, or do they even care?

Yes, these are serious questions. I believe all gods and spirits exist in some form, although they may not truly be God. They are still powerful forces, and I do have interest in their motives and capabilities. And I take special interest in how our natural environments and relationship with the gods affect each other. What exactly does Saturnus desire from us on Saturday? Sobriety? Fasting? Work? Prayer? What difference does it make? If the will of the gods is not clear, the costs and benefits not evident, the "right" choice really isn't easy. But most people seem to agree that our weekends are a special time in some sense or another.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 10-06-2019, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I have a rather different understanding of the nature of nature. Mother nature may care about nature, but you as an individual organism are quite insignificant and dispensable.

“Clearly it is deviation and deprivation from nature that causes disorder, disease, and ultimately death.”

Disorder is clearly not caused by a deviation from nature, disorder is the fundamental force driving all of nature. The laws of thermodynamics dictate that nothing can happen in the universe that does not result in an overall increase in disorder, which is also known as an increase in entropy. Disease is caused by nature, viruses, bacteria, and other organisms trying to consume the energy in your flesh while you are still alive, and trying to hijack your cellular machinery to reproduce itself. Order is only possible because something else fell into even greater disorder. And death is caused by the fact that once you have reproduced, keeping you around is just wasting valuable resources that are needed for the younger fertile organisms in the gene pool.

There's a reason we have abilities and capabilities that others existing here don't.. the problem is ignorance and indifference has led people to use their "powers" for bad instead of good like I believe it's apparent we are supposed to be doing here.

I've done a lot, a lot, of researching for most of my life because I suffered and wondered why and wanted the answers.. I investigated many things and found all sorts of natural remedies and activities we can do and at points I would try to do only a thing or two at a time so I could figure out what actually worked, but finally I realized that almost everything works.. Almost everything natural that is meant for us to do, consume, or create, has healing properties.. and almost everything that isn't naturally meant for us to do or use, has a detrimental effect. That is the simple reality whether it coincides with what you've learned or been led to believe up to this point or not.

I think the disorder you reference is rather chaotic harmony which is beyond the threshold of general understanding. I certainly don't have all the answers, but some things are obvious once you start looking and paying attention.

Disorder is clearly caused by deviation from nature. You can look up the simple medical/biological term homeostasis and even mainstream medicine while it tries to convince people that they're doomed openly admits that the human body has a practically perfect state that it is constantly striving to maintain and return to. What interferes with homeostasis is when too many things that the body does not want are introduced and usually these contribute to an acidic deteriorating condition, which is when harmful bacteria and pathogens come to prey.. because they are designed to feast on this stuff, acid, toxins, and decaying tissue, and all the crazy brew created from simply putting into or onto the body (or even brain of course as our thoughts and emotions have an impact) things that don't belong.
The body gets overburdened and microbes are attracted to that disorganized disastrous condition and get to work cleaning the tissue, only they bite off more than we can allow them to chew, and they reproduce and have baby microbes and they all have their own toxic waste which further pollutes the body.. If you are healthy, truly healthy, and functioning properly, these microbes and pathogens wouldn't want to come in because what is there for them to eat? The body uses the fuel fed to it and it has all sorts of defenders and protectors to deal with any foreign enemies that dare attempt to invade.. but again, the invaders wouldn't want to come into a clean healthy body anyways.

Age is accused of being the culprit for all sorts of ailments and exacerbated conditions, but the truth is that over time when we're not living according to divine order and honoring our bodies, that acid that accumulates breaks down tissue and invites predators and that is what causes age-related illness. Otherwise since the body always operates to restore homeostasis, it wouldn't naturally be deteriorating and in fact it's possible to, and many people do even today, restore and regenerate the body and overcome all sorts of toxic conditions, because they are just that, toxic conditions.

Take an animal or a plant, and then damage or kill them, suddenly you'll see far more things coming to prey on them. This is also a matter of lifeforms giving off negative ions or positive ions, but since you are disagreeable to the message I've already been trying to share I won't get into that. but the basics of it are that living thriving things are a source of negative ions and decaying dying things are a source of positive ions.. I know there are different meanings to the ion words but here I mean as far as negative ions as free electrons, and positive ions as free radicals, essentially anyway..

I've actually seen video footage with a special type of camera filter that shows this life-force that I believe to be akin to negative ions, though the guy or people who record and share this material don't call it that. One guy I talked to said that theory made sense. but anyways, with this gde filter I think it's called, stemming from oldfield and beyond kirlian photography which you may've heard of long ago, he's shown the energy that comes off of nature, and even how it grows and expands when a human with positive intention comes into contact with it.
He also recorded himself doing a meditation with his third eye and on the film you can see the energy/color of his forehead changes color, and eventually spreads around him growing in the room.. the same thing happened when a person touched a leaf on a tree with intention, but less so when they didn't specifically carry a positive intent when touching it in another short video. He's shown the energy exuding from crystals, and essential oils, which I've seen more still photos of the energy of essential oils in a book I have which were taken from film of them with such a special filter, perhaps the same kind the guy I met online used, but not sure.. That guy also showed the energy coloration of moving water and still murky water and they're completely different.. moving water like a waterfall or ocean is a high source of negative ions whereas stagnant toxic water is not.. What this all tells us is that nature is a source of energy, and humans are as well, not just because we are part of nature, but also because we have special capabilities and consciousness that can increase the consciousness or energy of that around us. So in that tome, humans absolutely have the potential to be a magnificent blessing on that around them, and it is only in nescience and indifference that we be a burden to it.

Quote:
“Not everything in nature is meant for our consumption.”

Nothing in nature is meant for our consumption. Everything is living for itself, and everything is competing with other things and consuming other things to survive. Even the fruit offered up by plants is intended as a bribe (a very small bribe prior to domestication) to get you to disperse it seeds. There is such a thing as symbiosis, but even then it is just an allegiance of two or more organisms to help get both a survival advantage over others.

No plants want you to eat them, in fact most don’t even want us in particular to eat their fruit. But not being able to run away, they instead resort to chemical warfare and try to fill themselves with toxins to make you sick or dead if you try to eat them. Toxins are far more common and more natural than anything we eat that does not poison us. Most of the plants we eat have been modified by humans through selective breeding over the eons to remove or reduce those natural plant toxins. Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, all are derived from a line of plants known as the deadly nightshade family. Alcohol, is not in fact one of these defensive plant toxins. It is simply an end product of yeast metabolism, any toxicity it has is simply a coincidence, and if not imbimbed to excess or too frequently, in the larger picture of nature relentlessly trying to poison or eat you, is relatively harmless to an otherwise healthy body.

Actually living things like plants delight to have us eat them, while they're still alive, with grace and gratitude, so they can join us on our journey and be part of something bigger, which undeniably we are, as much as I love and adore nature and its wonderful little gifts.. And fruit is among the only food that freely offers itself and doesn't need destruction of the entire plant to be harvested. Some other things of course can be taken without total destruction of the plant, but fruit is unique. and yes of course we should disperse the seeds, but there are still plenty of extra seeds so it knows every single one of them won't get planted.

Well, nightshade fruits and vegetables, are one of the cases of foods that we're taught to eat but perhaps it's not necessarily a food truly meant for us.. there are varying degrees of redeeming qualities foods have and which ways the scales tip to determine if it's overall worth eating. For instance, many people are allergic to peanuts, a legume, most likely because of the aflatoxin present.. many don't know that is the reason, though there are other reasons peanuts & legumes are not ideal foods for us.. but most don't know that peanuts make resveratrol to defend themselves against the aflatoxin.. and it's relatively commonly known that grapes are a source of resveratrol as that was a health trend some years back.. so this aflatoxin also tries to prey on grapes.. but unlike peanuts, grapes still remain one of the healthiest foods to eat, full of other antioxidants, nutrients, and a water content/hydration factor that legumes can't compete with. So there's a scenario of plants making something that ends up being positive for us which they use to defend themselves. If a plant makes too much of a substance that is toxic for us, or are bodies are unable to reasonably deal with, then we probably shouldn't eat it.
No alcohol is not relatively harmless, and the fact that an abundance of yeast is needed to produce it should be another red flag.

Quote:
"People wonder what causes cancer when it is clearly all these things, and living against nature in general.”

Cancer is caused by one of your cells deciding that it no longer wants to play along with all the other cells and decides to start living for itself. One selfish little cell decides to heck with colonial living, I am going to start dividing and taking all of the resources for myself. Keeping billions and trillions of cells in line to keep a complex organism going is a monumental undertaking, having one or more of them break away from the fold is as natural as anything else.

“It's just a condition of the body trying to regain its homeostasis and heal itself free of all the toxicity and foreign buildup it can't handle anymore..”

This accusation of a cell deciding it wants to go haywire for no good reason has no basis in reality. There is a reason a cell gets damaged, and reactions the body has to try to repair it or get over it. If the body is too overburdened by things that don't belong or is impaired, its ability to deal with damaged cells is inhibited, otherwise it's easy and simple and just what the body does. It's constantly trying to regenerate and repair.. If the body's eliminative systems are taxed and broken down, and it can't get rid of the unwelcome matter like normal, it resorts to drastic measures to protect its most important assets.. like the internal organs. Acid builds up damaged tissue and creates unwanted fats, cysts, and even tumors (as well as other internal and external conditions resulting from this like ulcers, pimples, boils, etc.) but that is the best the body can do given the circumstances when its normal channels are blocked or too damaged..

The body has to try to isolate the toxic matter and pathogens so they are contained in the bubbles of fat or tumors and so on so they don't reach the heart or other things it knows are more important. It has to do with the immune system, lymphatic system, and that is the system that deals with fats and is most of the liquid in your body besides blood and water. It's the waste management system, connected to pretty much everything else and when it is unable to function as it is supposed to, the body tries to deal with the remaining waste and festering conditions as best it can. You'll easily find that most all health conditions are rooted in acidosis (very few are from alkalosis).. and so you have to look at how far you've deviated from nature, most of which at least that which we'd consume or use, is alkaline or forms alkaline ash in the body, and see what acids you are consuming or using on your body or around you causing you to inhale them and on and on.. Nature in its pure state as should be consumed by us is not usually acid-forming and does not deteriorate the body like that. All you have to do is think of what you knew about acid before and the picture should be painted clear that acid is damaging and destroys.. that is what is happening inside the body of a cancer patient or anyone with most any other serious illness. It's just the body trying to deal with the acid and aftermath of such toxic consumption it's unable to funnel out like normal. Very simple.

Quote:
“Alcohol exacerbates that and is a hefty load for the lymphatic/immune system to deal with. even if it apparently helps us escape from reality for a while, we have to ask the real question of why and what we are trying to escape from... and find the solutions in healthful alternatives that coincide with our nature instead of work against it and us.”

Alcohol does not help me escape from reality, it just slows down and takes the sharper edges off of what my cerebral cortex thinks is reality. It dampens the analytical engine that is always searching for solutions. It allows the underlying emotions to be felt more directly, and pushes the problem solving brain back. The thinking brain, the cerebral cortex, believes it is running the show, it is calling the shots, that its ability to see reality as it is and use its logic and reason to steer the ship is what keeps the whole thing afloat. That is simply not the case. It is much more of a watcher than a controller, it does give its input into the larger mind, but it spends as much time fooling itself about its own importance and control as it does anything else. In all of its grandstanding, chattering, and grabbing of undeserved credit, it often masks the emotions and intuitions coming from deeper in the brain and mind, information that it likes to dismiss as illogical sentiment not based on factual reality. Don’t get me wrong, for all its faults, our ability to use logic and reason is still one of the most valuable assets we have. But the thinker is a bit too self important and a bit delusional about its overall role, which is just one of the many different aspects of the created self. I for one enjoy occasionally slipping it a mickey and getting it to back off a bit so I can relax and reflect a without always having to tolerate its need to explain everything. Of course, once the anesthetic wears off, the thinker percs back up and starts telling itself it is in charge again, but it never really was and never really is. It is really just making up explanations and taking credit for decisions emanating from deeper in the mind. It thought up the ego, and now tells itself that this ego is the self, and that the ego is in charge. This is the illusion, and escaping from it for a bit, if only just a little bit and for a little while, is not an escape from reality, if anything it is an escape from one aspect of the illusion to allow a different aspect of the illusion to shine through a bit brighter, and that can be a relief once and awhile.

It seems to me like you're describing conditions of your mind and self that most use things like meditation and other mindful practices to control and deal with successfully. it just brings me back to my point in my previous posts about how alcohol is a toxic crutch people use because they don't know about or don't feel like doing other healthful spiritual, mind, and body practices. I know it is easy to not want to do things that are good for us when we're already not feeling good, but the more we do positive worthwhile things the easier and better it gets. You have to ask yourself why you are so overwhelmed and annoyed by your mind.. maybe there is something wrong with your thinker and not necessarily the thinker or mind in general.. and you're never going to make it better by poisoning to suppress it. it just goes against your nature and results in more unwanted aftermath

Quote:
In my reality, nature does not work like a disney movie. The majority (not all) of what humans do to modify and control nature slows it from eventually killing us. At least that is how it works in my reality, we all create our realities so perhaps it works different for you. Yet I still find it all quite beautiful as it is, more so when the thinker is quieted down a bit. I believe nature, as it is, not viewed through an anthropomorphic set of glasses, has countless lessons woven throughout its fabric, the Taoist understood this. Everything that happens in my physical universe, results from energy flowing from the unnatural state following the big bang, to a more natural state of complete formlessness, from low entropy to high entropy. Everything that happens along the way, including every living creature, and even everything humans do, is eddies in that current of energy, as it flows from a state of high order to eventual complete disorder.

You can honor the earth all you want, and you probably should, but honor what nature is, not some idyllic picture what we would like to think it is, that just creates more havoc and frustration, and is doomed to fail. Disease, decay, and death are what is natural, every species that ever existed on the earth had to struggle to survive, 99.9% of those species lost that battle and went extinct. Humanity is just another one of those species, and though the thinker has come up with many ways to stave off extinction, it has also pushed itself into an untenable position as it has fooled itself into thinking it is apart from all that, and has slowly chipped away at the ice it is floating on. Humanity is most likely heading for extinction, and that is as natural a thing as anything else. All forms must eventually dissolve to formlessness, this is the law of nature, it is what happens along this path that my consciousness is aware to experience.

well I find nature is one way to quiet down "the thinker" but it often requires our conscious investment and intention to appreciate it and be more present.
Humans aren't meant to just stave off extinction.. we have the potential to help nearly everything around us.. of course I don't understand everything and nature does offer many lessons as you say.. but the main lesson I've garnered from it is that when you go against nature, things get messed up..
Old 10-06-2019, 12:57 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
....... .......

well I find nature is one way to quiet down "the thinker" but it often requires our conscious investment and intention to appreciate it and be more present.
Humans aren't meant to just stave off extinction.. we have the potential to help nearly everything around us.. of course I don't understand everything and nature does offer many lessons as you say.. but the main lesson I've garnered from it is that when you go against nature, things get messed up..

Well, there is not a lot in there that I can agree with, the vast majority of it sounds like pseudoscience to me, but we are all entitled to our beliefs. As long as we don't try to force others to follow them, its all good. I do however, find spending time in nature and meditation to be two good things we can agree on. Humans may have the potential to help everything around us, but we also have the potential to harm it as well, so far, well meaning or not, we tend to end up messing things up. Not to worry though, nature always ends up eventually cleaning up the mess, even if we may not be around to see it.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:21 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Just because nature is neutral doesn't mean humans are. Humans need living space and a clean and healthy environment, as do many other species. Nihilism and fatalism don't belong in a healthy human society and thankfully we have inventive minds and compassionate teachers who seek to aid humanity and improve things. The rest are just excuses, being careless because ''why bother?'' This sort of ''argument'' has no place here..

And more importantly, this is all nice and well.. but it doesn't belong here. I made this thread specifically about a day and its connection with a god and with certain characteristics. The alcohol and party lifestyle was just one example, but we've gone overboard here. I'm guilty of it too and should have phrased things differently. But I posted this in Astrology for rather obvious reasons..

I don't think there's actually any possible way for proper contributions any more. I've shared an observation and misalignment, and did not have any intentions to start this sort of 'discussion' on the ''meaning of life''. So if a moderators read this, please lock the thread..

You know, now that I think about it, this thread did not really take a strange turn at all. The original post (even if it was just a fun factoid) talked about beliefs, what they ask of us, and what we should and should not be doing in response. If one believes in astrology and the God Saturn, perhaps one should not be out partying on Saturday night. But that naturally leads to the next question, what about everybody else. Just how much should we expect others to conform their beliefs and behaviors to what we believe is the right way to behave and to live. And that is really where the conversation ended up going. Is it even ok to be partying at all, or is alcohol evil, or an error that we should all abstain from. Is it against nature to be drinking this thing that technically, is poisonous. Many people tend to view nature almost like some sort of benevolent mother figure God that we are going against and that is what is causing all harm to ourselves and the world. What expectation can they have that we will conform our beliefs and behaviors to their heart felt beliefs. After all if they believe it is all these people "going against nature" that is the problem, don't they have a right to expect it to stop. So your original post actually was a good prompt for the discussion. What should we expect of others based on our own beliefs about how things work?

Oh, and BTW, just because you start a thread thinking it is going to be a conversation about one thing, don't expect it to go the way you thought. I have unsubscribed from a number of my own threads because the conversation was so far off on a tangent I had lost all interest in it. It is just what people do, its quite natural.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:28 AM
Master
It's true this is the Astrology section of the forum, but the beginning topic wasn't really strictly about Astrology anyways.. If people are actively conversing in the thread you created I see no reason to want to shut it down. I guess that we were trying to put drinking and partying into context since that topic was brought up in the initial post. The main lesson of Saturn is that if you don't do what you're supposed to be, things will inevitably be tougher.. and when you drink you suffer the consequences, often quite dramatically, but even if you don't get a vicious hangover the body and brain suffer nonetheless from the moment the alcohol enters the body til the body manages to cleanse itself of it, which sometimes doesn't end up happening so cleanly because the body becomes unable to handle fully cleansing itself and reversing all damage after the body is already damaged and unable to function as it is supposed to.. which is where what I've said comes in. My main point being why resort to harmful things in the first place? and that is because it's the culture for the mostpart.. and it's a painful culture that trusts government approved poisons more than it does the pure nature, and practices, intended for us.

Quote:
Well, there is not a lot in there that I can agree with, the vast majority of it sounds like pseudoscience to me, but we are all entitled to our beliefs. As long as we don't try to force others to follow them, its all good. I do however, find spending time in nature and meditation to be two good things we can agree on. Humans may have the potential to help everything around us, but we also have the potential to harm it as well, so far, well meaning or not, we tend to end up messing things up. Not to worry though, nature always ends up eventually cleaning up the mess, even if we may not be around to see it.

I think you just disagree because you were brought up to believe certain things and not contemplate the simple reality all around and within you. Obviously you've had some positive deviation from mainstream culture if you are here on this forum, but perhaps you would benefit from opening your mind and eyes more. What of what I've said is it that you so strongly disagree with and accuse of being "pseudoscience"? (a popular mainstream naysayer term I might add)
There's proof and research about most of the things I've said.. even video footage of a person changing the atmosphere and things around them with the power of their thoughts. Walking barefoot (aka earthing or grounding) or spending time in nature in general, and eating all sorts of fresh foods are scientifically proven to heal and reverse a lot of "medical conditions" like unclotting blood, lowering high blood pressure, normalizing heart rate, reducing inflammation and much more. It's real science and reality.

Yes humans mess things up, but I'm trying to say that we are not supposed to and don't need to be. and yes nature definitely cleans up messes, just like it tries to do in the human body when we mess it up and interfere with its divine processes, but nature is constantly growing and regenerating. We have the capacity to improve this phenomenon, for ourselves, and for that around us... why don't we? mostly because most don't know better.. and because there's strong cultural forces that teach us the wrong way.. If everyone around you were being more conscientious you'd learn quick and follow suit.. but most people are not, so it's up to you to seek better ways to live and exist and live that for yourself leading by example.. if enough people do this it becomes the new culture and people won't be afraid to face reality anymore and to that end wouldn't have reason to drown worries and discomfort with toxic things like alcohol

Here is one of many studies on grounding and the numerous positive health effects

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

Another with a shorter synopsis. I just copied some sentences from the paragraph here that punctuate what I've said about electrons and negative & positive ions

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18047442/

"Can electrons act as antioxidants? A review and commentary.

A previous study demonstrated that connecting the human body to the earth during sleep (earthing) normalizes the daily cortisol rhythm and improves sleep.
A variety of other benefits were reported, including reductions in pain and inflammation.
It is well established, though not widely known, that the surface of the earth possesses a limitless and continuously renewed supply of free or mobile electrons as a consequence of a global atmospheric electron circuit.
It is also suggested that free electrons from the earth neutralize the positively charged free radicals that are the hallmark of chronic inflammation.
It is proposed that free or mobile electrons from the earth can resolve chronic inflammation by serving as natural antioxidants."

and what is inflammation but the body reacting and trying to deal with things that don't belong in it? raw living foods still contain this magical seeming negative ion or electron force and that feeds our body. something like alcohol is a free radical party, a positive ion affair, which are not the good ones in this instance. well anyway, if anything else is unclear or seems like pseudoscience to you I can gladly try to find evidence to show you otherwise
Old 10-06-2019, 11:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
You know, now that I think about it, this thread did not really take a strange turn at all. The original post (even if it was just a fun factoid) talked about beliefs, what they ask of us, and what we should and should not be doing in response. If one believes in astrology and the God Saturn, perhaps one should not be out partying on Saturday night. But that naturally leads to the next question, what about everybody else. Just how much should we expect others to conform their beliefs and behaviors to what we believe is the right way to behave and to live.

I really like this.

And anyway, if the idea is to abide by the characteristics of the God that day of the week is named after, then... on Thursdays (Thor's day, associated with thunder, lightning, oak trees and strength) should everyone be out chopping up wood and/or going to the gym?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naaria
I really like this.

And anyway, if the idea is to abide by the characteristics of the God that day of the week is named after, then... on Thursdays (Thor's day, associated with thunder, lightning, oak trees and strength) should everyone be out chopping up wood and/or going to the gym?

Oaks were considered sacred by people who believed in Thor..
It was the Christian preachers who cut the oaks down, as a means to pacify the people and convert them..

More on that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donar%27s_Oak

Old 11-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Guide

Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace
Wednesday's child is full of woe
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.[1]

Thank you Altair! I was born on a Saturday and until your post never connected the astrological aspects re Saturn.
Hmmm.. Saturday not my favorite day lol.
Saturdays for me have indeed meant work, whether cleaning my room(s), pulling an extra shift or prepping for a party one is too exhausted to appreciate.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace
Wednesday's child is full of woe
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.[1]

Thank you Altair! I was born on a Saturday and until your post never connected the astrological aspects re Saturn.
Hmmm.. Saturday not my favorite day lol.
Saturdays for me have indeed meant work, whether cleaning my room(s), pulling an extra shift or prepping for a party one is too exhausted to appreciate.

You're welcome Anne..

And what an interesting poem..!!

Some similarities...

Sunday > Sun > Goodness and gay ('carefree'), a joyful God..
Monday > Moon > Fair and graceful Goddess..
Tuesday > Týr/Mars(?) > ((can't connect this well to grace...))
Wednesday > Wodan/Odin > Intellect/wisdom/sorcery, can indicate woe, troubles of sorts..
Thursday > Thor/Jupiter/Zeus > Father Sky, ''far to go'', the endless sky..
Friday > Freya/Venus/Aphrodite > Goddess of beauty, love, fertility etc.
Saturday > Saturnus/Cronus > Hard work, control, mastery..

Old 11-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Saturday is the 6th (or 7th) day of the week. It is named after Saturnus, god of renewal, agriculture, and liberation. His Greek equivalent is Cronus. In Hindu polytheism they refer to this planet as Shani. He is the god of hard work, discipline, and asceticism. In both cases we see a male god who is associated with mastery over things..

Most people however associate Saturdays with partying, getting drunk, and definitely not with discipline, mastery over the senses, and asceticism..

Interesting bit. Maybe we need to think more carefully what we all do on this day so we get better in tune with the rhythm of our solar system..

The days of the week and the names of the months are not in synch with what we do on those days or the sequence of the months (for example October means 8th month) Pope Gregory set up his new calendar in a way to keep everyone off balance and more easily controlled. I don't know who named the days of the week or decided we should have 7 per week, I suspect is also a perversion of the mayan solar calendar that Pope Gregory's mathematicians used to create the "gregorian" calendar.
Closed Thread