Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 25-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Experiencer

Dream of a Cow and a Horse Fighting

I didn't recall this dream I had last night until just now hours after waking up. Maybe because all morning I have been processing the events of an emotionally loaded weekend.

This was the only scene in my dream, a cow and a horse fighting viciously. I do not know who won or which was defeated in the end, but I do know this dream was very symbolic. I tried looking up the meaning but found nothing, so instead I researched a bit on the spiritual meaning of a cow and the spiritual meaning of a horse. I am not sure if the context of my dream represents my own inner conflict or if it pertains to a person in my life whom I just learned this past weekend has a lot of dark secrets and has been hiding in the shadows pretending everything is perfect, yet has manipulated everyone around her to have her way in life and get ahead. This person has triggered and tested my own strength and inner power. The dynamics of our relationship is one where I feel I have to tread lightly, as its my mother in law.

Do you think the cow and horse fighting represent conflict between her and I, or could it be my own inner conflict and represent aspects of myself? Despite Google, I am not well-versed in spirit animals, especially when it involves such a heated interaction between two different animals in a single dream.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated...thank you!
Old 26-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Guide

Hi Lucky,

I can't say for certain, but I'd lean to your dream being more symbolic of your own internal conflicts in regards to your waking situation. As you know, the cow is more of a calm and passive animal, whereas the horse is energetic and wild (although it can to an extent be tamed). These can be seen as two conflicting energies, their conflict perhaps showing turmoil between these aspects of yourself. You may have mixed emotions and different feelings as to how to contend with the situation at hand. It may be that you are trying to tame the wild energies so as to avoid letting any frustrations or emotions spill out. Yet, there may be a part of you that wants to confront it. All of this could support the two animals fighting. Also, if it's an internal struggle, could there really be a victor when ultimately you are both sides?

If by any chance you are feeling conflict within yourself, that's first where you need to seek a resolution. There's that whole quote about anger being like a piece of hot coal that you intend to throw at someone who is in the wrong - you're the one who gets burned. The feeling of needing to tread carefully is not a pleasant one. There is likely some discomfort that you're experiencing.

These are all just my thoughts, of course. You know yourself and your situation best. But in all of this, ask what you're feeling and consider what you can do to help yourself in this situation. What you have managed to see in somebody else is also something that others are capable of seeing given time.

All the best!
Old 27-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Experiencer

Thank you so much for your reply Sunset Dragon. What you said about anger being like a piece of hot coal and in turn I'm the one who gets burned is exactly my current situation, and I do need to tread lightly around a situation. I guess you could say I was always the cow, passive, nurturing and motherly (according to Google). However, I am starting to find my voice and stick up for myself. Before this particular dream I had just recently found out truths about certain people (my in-laws) who have affected my life or current circumstances. The horse within me does want to confront without being tamed, yet doing so would likely impact my marriage.

Yikes...either I stand up for myself and what is right or I remain passive and cooperative to keep my marriage.

Thank you for your insight. This is clearly an internal conflict, I just needed someone to spell it out for me.
Old 27-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Guide

Perhaps it's possible for you to stand up for yourself without it negatively impacting your marriage. There's often another path that we can't always see as opposed to the black and white / this or that outcome. Remember that there's a difference between aggressiveness and assertiveness. There's also the saying about picking one's battles. Timing is often key. You have the power to say 'no' and stand up for your greater good, but it helps to know that it can often be achieved in a passive manner whereas fighting fire with fire burns everything down.

Of course, I can only repeat myself when I say that you know your situation better than anybody as well as the people around you (as much as they've perhaps deceived you). However, I would like to believe that with patience and the ability to assert yourself compassionately, tactically, that no hostility can fall on you when things begin to unravel themselves and certain truths become exposed. If that's not the case, however, things will still likely take their natural course and you will eventually do or say what you need to do for your wellbeing. But for now, take a breath and try to find your inner strength and peace. I know it sounds kind of corny, but things like our emotional intelligence and having a strong internal foundation to be able to deal with difficult situations without losing control of ourselves - it's all very much real. Step one in all of this begins with you.
Old 27-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Experiencer

You are very insightful in your reply, intuitive actually, and I appreciate every word in your message so thank you for that. Certain truths have recently been revealed confirming what I've "felt" all along. I had spent years in the woe is me victim mentality which obviously got me nowhere, but the past several months I have been working on strengthening my boundaries as well as my sense of self worth and have been feeling great...however the recent unraveling of the truth has me triggered sending me on the verge of feeling like the victim again.

You are not corny at all when you speak of the importance of a strong internal foundation and emotional intelligence providing greater ability to deal with difficult situations. I have learned this through my own health issues which I have just begun to recover from over the past 2 months, and it did start with me having the courage to ask for money to see a doctor of my choice. Either the doctor fixed me or it was the rediscovery of my sense of self worth that healed me. Either way it's no coincidence. I will keep riding this wave and not let this trigger get the best of me.
Old 27-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Guide

It sounds like you're doing really well and have been going through a personal transformation. I too know that growth isn't easy as it requires obstacles. I have been thinking recently about timing. I'm sure you're aware of the thought that the Universe puts certain obstacles on our path when we're ready to face them. I don't know the inner workings of things but it's interesting that as you are growing as a person, new obstacles are being placed on your path. They might be just what you need to propel you to the next level in becoming an even greater version of yourself.

Good luck!
Old 27-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Experiencer

Thank you Sunset Dragon, I'm trying! Yes I do believe everything happens in divine timing. Not just as far as obstacles when we are ready to face them, but also looking back in hindsight why certain things didn't happen when we felt they should have. I'll take the good and the bad and trust everything is happening exactly how and when it's supposed to. Your last line has an eerie ring to it, as if that is exactly how it's going to play out in my case.

Thank you for being so kind and taking the time to reply, I truly appreciate it.
Old 28-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I didn't recall this dream I had last night until just now hours after waking up. Maybe because all morning I have been processing the events of an emotionally loaded weekend.

This was the only scene in my dream, a cow and a horse fighting viciously. I do not know who won or which was defeated in the end, but I do know this dream was very symbolic. I tried looking up the meaning but found nothing, so instead I researched a bit on the spiritual meaning of a cow and the spiritual meaning of a horse. I am not sure if the context of my dream represents my own inner conflict or if it pertains to a person in my life whom I just learned this past weekend has a lot of dark secrets and has been hiding in the shadows pretending everything is perfect, yet has manipulated everyone around her to have her way in life and get ahead. This person has triggered and tested my own strength and inner power. The dynamics of our relationship is one where I feel I have to tread lightly, as its my mother in law.

Do you think the cow and horse fighting represent conflict between her and I, or could it be my own inner conflict and represent aspects of myself? Despite Google, I am not well-versed in spirit animals, especially when it involves such a heated interaction between two different animals in a single dream.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated...thank you!

Your dream is not about anything personal whatsoever. Your dream concerns two nations at war, or some kind of battle. The horse is the nation that values in "speed of conquest" and the cow represents a nation that Is large and "amassing wealth, strong in stance/foundation".

Please pardon my late response, I guess I need to upgrade my internet connection to "5G".

By the way, which among the animals won?
Old 28-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Experiencer

Aknaton, thanks for your reply. I don't watch the news nor am I educated at all about politics and war, so I'm not sure if the content of this dream would have anything to do with nations at war. Unless it was a prophetic dream...I have had a prophetic dream about something political despite having no interest in the topic.

There was no beginning or end to this dream, it was more a brief vision, so I had no feeling of who won in the end.