Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 AM
Master
Fish Sri Vasudeva on Meditation

I love this definition of meditation and wanted to share it with you:

Quote:
"Meditation is not sitting down and closing your eyes and sitting to concentrate. Meditation is the art of observing your world from another space, from the space of all possibilities. As I speak here I am in meditation: I'm keeping a consciousness that listens to my voice, that listens to my thoughts, that is aware of what I am saying, aware of the silence inside of me, aware of the peace inside of me, aware of the love for what I am doing and aware of all the possibilities inside. That is meditative awareness.

Even as I sit quietly, I begin to observe my thoughts, begin to choose my thoughts - whether it's prayer, whether it's repeating a sacred word, whether it's sending love to my body, whether it's saying a prayer for another person. Meditation is the art of centering in a space of peace and love and goodness, and focusing on that which is important to you.

Meditation can happen by sitting with closed eyes, it can happen while speaking, it can happen while eating, it can happen while walking, it can happen while jogging, it can happen while I'm doing my fitness... In all those times of being one with my activity, being into my activity I'm giving it my full attention and exploring every possibility of relating and bringing out my energy in the best possible way…I am in meditation."

Sri Vasudeva interviewed in Romania in April, 2014

These simple yet profound words to me encompass everything I know about meditation. Either I am plugged in to the universal source of energy and wisdom, or I am operating on my limited battery.