Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Meet your brainwaves, how do they effect our state of mind?

does anyone have any exercises they use to "switch on"a state?

Its important to understand how your brain contributes to the state of your mind. While most of us focus on looking at our emotions in an attempt to become happier, more spiritual beings, our brains waves and our subconscious mind also play a key part in our quest for fulfillment.

Find out more here:
http://www.finerminds.com/mind-power/brain-waves/
http://www.omharmonics.com/blog/gamma-brain-waves/

edited by SF staff

Last edited by in progress : 07-08-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you so much for posting this information :). I read every word because I'm interested in the brainwaves and how they can affect a person.

Excuse my ignorance but what brainwaves do you think would be the most necessary for really digging deep into the subconscious mind? Also, what brainwaves are most associated with lucid dreaming? I find myself stuck between 2 or more brainwaves for both.

I personally don't have any exercises that I use to switch on a certain state. However, I used to listen to alpha and theta waves in the past to help me lucid dream and it seemed to work a little bit. The only thing is that I don't know which particular brainwave could've been the one to help me lucid dream. Maybe both? Would that be possible?

Thank you again for all of the information .
Old 06-08-2013, 05:57 PM
cally33

very interesting post thank you :)
Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Anandini.Devotee

Well i am just seeing the switch myself through meditating, the deeper you go the deeper the waves, and i even sometimes feel a surge of high processing, gamma i am supposing

here from wiki is the definition of altered states :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered..._consciousness

An altered state of consciousness (ASC), also called altered state of mind, is any condition which is significantly different from a normal waking beta wave state. The expression was used as early as 1966 by Arnold M. Ludwig and brought into common usage from 1969 by Charles Tart. It describes induced changes in one's mental state, almost always temporary. A synonymous phrase is "altered state of awareness".

edited by SF staff
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM
WYN123

hi
thanks for this, I would be more interested in gamma waves, I had an idea which I may try, which is to 1. recognise the different waves or brain states when they occur. 2. remember how they felt. 3 make an intention to utilise the state again when ever you wish, perhaps by linking the feeling with a phrase to try and trigger a switch.
so I know that evenings and mornings are better for learning for me so making the affirmation then.
another idea is if you know learning is better at certain times, is to just affirmation that you can utilise the state any time you like.
the switch word I'm gonna try is divine (to call fourth an extra personal ability) and together (co-operation between the two I's (physically as well) then let the wish go out to the universe until you are in need of the extra ability.
Also if you know/believe you have the ability already (I have done this before) you should be able to recreate it when ever you wish. recognition and belief are key here.
I'm also interested in this as a few weeks ago I picked up the thoughts of some one I know, don't know how or why, it was such a short burst though that I hadn't time to anyalise how so having difficulty recreating the moment.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Malathion

Hey there.

If you're interested in using your own brainwaves to affect higher states of consciousness then look no further than Binaural beats.

By simply obtaining any computer new or old, a pair of quality headphones, and 30 minutes of your time you can tap into any brain-state you desire.

To answer a question above, accessing the subconscious dream state is in the Theta range between 3.5~8 Hz. High states of mediation and ESP phenomenon occur in the Theta state.

<> a free Binaural beats program called SbaGen. I program my Binaural presets in Harmonic Box X which is three times more potent than any Binaural beats you'll find anywhere especially anything on YouTube.

Cheers,
- Malathion.

edited by SF staff

Last edited by in progress : 09-08-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Naterod04

I can personally attest to the awesomeness of brainwave meditations. I started using Kelly Howell's brainwave meditations and I started seeing results within the first week. I was using the "Learning" meditation to help me study for school. I started using them about 2 year ago and since then I feel like I can tackle any problem and I find I study much less now but maintain the same good grades.