Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Ascender

I Am Depressed (A Non-Suicidal Rant)

Hello.

As the title above states, I am depressed. Severely depressed. I've noticed that I had been depressed since several months back but have observed that its gotten significantly worse as of late; hence me feeling the need to pour what I feel inside of this thread. Writing is a healing method for me and I feel writing here would beat talking to a professional, which lets be honest, I dont have the time or resources to do.

Please bear with me and I look forward to any input or criticism from you guys.

Okay lets start! First of all, I am a fighter and I am a survivor. I am depressed but I have not thought about ending my life because I love life! I have so many goals I want to accomplish and so many things to look forward to in the future. So suicide is not an option for me.

Instead, I am depressed because well...I fit the symptoms of depressions. If you're familiar with bipolar, I may be considered Bipolar II depression (or hypomania)

I have held back on trying to heal my depression because I thought it was manageable at first. But now its gotten to the point where others have called me out on being depressed, which means its really noticeable because I usually am good at putting out an expression that I either am calm or I am okay.

I am depressed because life is boring. Nothing makes me happy. Nothing makss me excited. I go on vacations and feel empty during the actual vacation. I buy things (impulsively but not exactly breaking the bank) that I want but don't need to justify buying it there and then. I sometimes dont feel like talking to people because the presence of other people sometimes gets me...irritated? I am depressed because so many people expect so much from me when I'm only human. And for some reason people expect me to be perfect but have massive tolerance about other people's mistakes. I am depressed because no matter what I do or how hard I try, I am always at fault. I am depressed because I don't feel like I matter to anyone. I am depressed because I don't feel like what I have to say is never important for other people to take notice. I am depressed because I've become a shell of my former self, emotionally and expressionally. I am depressed because everyone thinks I don't know what I'm doing in life. I am depressed because I have no one in my life thats spritually and mentally advanced than I am that I can learn from.

I am depressed because life is moving way too fast for me and I keep up. I do. But its so exhausting. When can I take a second to breathe and slow down? Why is everything so fast paced?

I am depressed because I intentionally choose to work 7 days a week at a time to escape from reality. I am depressed because I am physically worn out from working that much. I am depressed because there is no one to call me out on being depressed (without joking of course). I am depressed because I think I deserve this depressing state that i am going through.

I am depressed because I can't connect socially with others without a feeling of block or barrier coming in to end the conversation there and then. I don't know why this happens, I don't. I am depressed because life always throws me off a path for some reason. I want to be on a consistent path.

I am depressed because meditating apparently isn't enough to calm me down. I am depressed not because I am financially lacking, no..but because every interaction I get involves money one way or another. I am depressed because I just realized I might be bipolar. I am depressed because I want to cry but I dont like crying because it leaves me exhausted for days at a time. I am depressed because I can't be gentle without being perceived as a softie and I can't be too dominant without being perceived as cruel.

I am depressed because I have parents who are toxic and aren't understanding of who I really am. I have a step-father who is probably the biggest hypocrite of a pastor I have ever met in life. I have a survivor and fighter of a Mom who thinks she knows everything but never listens to her one and only Son who is just trying to protect her from whatever.

I am depressed because life happens. I am depressed because during the lowest point in my life, now, only my 4 month old Pomeranian puppy understands and is there by my side as I cried to sleep. Truly a man's best friend.

Why you do this to me? /end rant.

Input please. That feels much better.
Old 17-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Master

it is rough it really is. I wish I could make it go away but any more the price is too high for me to want to pay it...
Old 17-11-2017, 11:22 PM
Master
Maybe it's the other way around. Maybe you are bored because you are depressed, unhappy because you are depressed.
You may just need help. Try and find the time and resources if you can and just maybe everything else will fall into place.
I wish you all the best.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 18-11-2017, 01:44 AM
Guide
Well there was a Doctor named Hoffer who discovered in the 50's that niacin (vitamin B3) was capable of healing many mental health issues including bipolar and depression. I also recommend using an herbal supplement like Bacopa or St. John's Wort. Bacopa not only aids depression but enhances your mind and memory. Its fairly cheap too.

Good luck.
Old 18-11-2017, 02:23 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Hi MOLA

I'm glad you posted your thoughts here. We are happy to listen and value your presence and your feelings here. Have you tried physical exercise and as Kerubiel says, look into supplements and a good diet. Be back later.

BT
Old 21-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Knower

Depression, like every other ailment, must be
addressed through a holistic approach.

First, please stop identifying yourself as depressed.
You may be experiencing 'depression'-like symptoms,
( in truth an imbalance that can be corrected )
and is a phase that will pass in time ( as with
everything in existence ).

Secondly, your focal point is what you become.
It shapes & sculpts your reality. In truth, everything
in existence is rooted in your state of being: body,
heart, mind, and soul. As long as you identify
with depression, this is what you will be. It will affect
your body, heart, mind, and soul. It all affect
all that extends outwardly from your being, so on
& so forth.

I advise you live in accordance with the natural
rythmns of the Universe. Be as close to nature
& the Earth as possible.

Get atleast 8 hours of sleep, preferably in tune
with the Sun & Moon.

Eat a diet that is raw & unprocessed. Fresh
fruits & vegetables with high nutritional
content. Whole grains. Plant based protein &
dairy. Or at least ethically & humanely sourced
animal products free from added hormones &
antibiotics.

Make sure your environment always has fresh,
clean air. Wind, air purifier, oil diffuser, etc.

All your bathing products should be natural & free
of toxins: Himalayan salt, tea tree oil, etc.

Use incense, crystals, detoxing agents. You have to
educate yourself on metaphysics & things such as
Astrology.

Meditate & yoga are important to release toxins &
energy flow.

Change your work schedule to better suit your
lifestyle. Be in alignment with the Universe, not
society: 'the world'.
Old 21-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Knower

Questions to ponder:

What exactly are you trying to ' keep up with ' & why?

What perceptions (beyond your own) have any
relevance whatsoever?

Be mindful & understand that a person's
perspective/opinion is merely a reflection
of all that being had been exposed to. Their
reality & their states of being ( how developed
or undeveloped they may be).

For example, being gentle is synonymous with
being a 'softie' according to whom? Our
corrupted society? The entertainment industry? The
lies & deception that have been spread since
the beginning of time. Larger than life