Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-07-2017, 02:38 AM
Master
feeling stuck.

.................... for me its a strange but uplifting place exploring the spiritual world, the universe proven to me many times over it really does happen. I do feel the momentum rolling in the direction i am seeking. But now what for a simple minded,grounded person like i am. Anyone else been in my spot? Is it possible to continue and still keep i own identity?
Old 10-07-2017, 03:13 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
.................... for me its a strange but uplifting place exploring the spiritual world, the universe proven to me many times over it really does happen. I do feel the momentum rolling in the direction i am seeking. But now what for a simple minded,grounded person like i am. Anyone else been in my spot? Is it possible to continue and still keep i own identity?

Your post reminds me of something I used to think about not too long ago. I wondered - if I'm going to wake up - what am I going to leave behind? And for whatever reason, that made me sad. I didn't want to leave anything behind. And then someone said that waking up means I still have my memories.

When I thought about it, I realized I'd be taking my memories with me whether I wake up or not. I have memories, the present moment - which is never still, and ideas of what might come next. That's about it.

Is the last line in your post intended to read as "Is it possible to continue and still keep my own identity?"

If so - then yes. But who are you? What identity? What do you mean by that? It makes a lot of sense until you start trying to describe it.

Something happens. In the process of becoming more - at least for me it is - I'm beginning to wonder just who in the he!! I am. I know what I am and I know all sorts of things about myself - likes and dislikes, yada yada yada, but do these things constitute who I am?

I practice watching myself and am getting better at doing it often - throughout the day. I see myself as someone responding to life a lot more than I'd like to be instead of interacting with it. I'm full of whims and urges and thoughts, a lot of automatic stuff - and I'm not so sure where the identity is in all of it.

I suggest you just - roll with it. Stop to smell the flowers and look around. Close your eyes and let the sun shine on your face. Look people in the eyes when you communicate - talk with them, not to them. Especially kids.

:)

Do things that feel good - in your heart - to do them.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
Your post reminds me of something I used to think about not too long ago. I wondered - if I'm going to wake up - what am I going to leave behind? And for whatever reason, that made me sad. I didn't want to leave anything behind. And then someone said that waking up means I still have my memories.

When I thought about it, I realized I'd be taking my memories with me whether I wake up or not. I have memories, the present moment - which is never still, and ideas of what might come next. That's about it.

Is the last line in your post intended to read as "Is it possible to continue and still keep my own identity?"

If so - then yes. But who are you? What identity? What do you mean by that? It makes a lot of sense until you start trying to describe it.

Something happens. In the process of becoming more - at least for me it is - I'm beginning to wonder just who in the he!! I am. I know what I am and I know all sorts of things about myself - likes and dislikes, yada yada yada, but do these things constitute who I am?

I practice watching myself and am getting better at doing it often - throughout the day. I see myself as someone responding to life a lot more than I'd like to be instead of interacting with it. I'm full of whims and urges and thoughts, a lot of automatic stuff - and I'm not so sure where the identity is in all of it.

I suggest you just - roll with it. Stop to smell the flowers and look around. Close your eyes and let the sun shine on your face. Look people in the eyes when you communicate - talk with them, not to them. Especially kids.

:)

Do things that feel good - in your heart - to do them.
That's about where i am. Thanks for guidance.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
for me its a strange but uplifting place exploring the spiritual world... Anyone else been in my spot? Is it possible to continue and still keep i own identity?
I have been in that spot, yes. And I got lost in the "spiritual world" stuff for about two decades. I learned the hard way that the key is understanding that spiritual beliefs are no different than religious beliefs. In both cases, one loses themselves in the other-worldly belief-illusion. That delusion can lead to serious psychic and physical disorders.

Rather, it is the everyday experiences we have in life that lead to real knowledge and authentic wisdom. You said you are a simple, grounded person. That in fact is all it takes. Be grounded, live simply, and see your life experiences as the means whereby you learn to understand and evolve your self and soul.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I have been in that spot, yes. And I got lost in the "spiritual world" stuff for about two decades. I learned the hard way that the key is understanding that spiritual beliefs are no different than religious beliefs. In both cases, one loses themselves in the other-worldly belief-illusion. That delusion can lead to serious psychic and physical disorders.

Rather, it is the everyday experiences we have in life that lead to real knowledge and authentic wisdom. You said you are a simple, grounded person. That in fact is all it takes. Be grounded, live simply, and see your life experiences as the means whereby you learn to understand and evolve your self and soul.
Thank god i can still be human! Hahaha! I like being "only human". I guess i read a lot of threads and think in many ways i am the same but way different all at the same time. For traditional types of religion i don't think I can place in any of them. Guess i just think once you conform to one way. Then you could miss out on something possibility important to ones personal growth.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Guess i just think once you conform to one way. Then you could miss out on something possibility important to ones personal growth.
Every esoteric path warns of the dangers of spiritual illness. An aspect of that spiritual illness is what I call 'knowledge avarice': it is a desire-greed to know; the belief that there is more more more one has to learn; always thinking something is missing in one's spiritual life.

The path/gate is narrow my friend. We live many lifetimes. You will experience it all over the course of eons of time. Choose one simple path in this one lifetime, commit to it, relax into it, and follow it with your heart and soul. That is wisdom. That is what the narrow gate is referencing.

You live on the shores of Lake Michigan. Go buy a kayak and spend this lifetime floating on the water, feeling water, understanding water, merging with water. Make that your spiritual path this lifetime. It's that simple.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Master
Like the forest, being out in nature? In way i feel i was born into that one. I do have my priorities more than anything. I do feel very privileged to live where i do because all them things are right out my backdoor. I live 2 miles from a beautiful beach i can sit at all day and see maybe 2 ppl. There's a lot of other things at play as well. Being outdoors in nature makes me really feel alive. Guess for me its intresting to learn about how others live. Its kind of like traveling without spending the money. But i do know what you mean. Guess that's ment for me. The nature path
Old 10-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Like the forest, being out in nature? In way i feel i was born into that one. I do have my priorities more than anything. I do feel very privileged to live where i do because all them things are right out my backdoor. I live 2 miles from a beautiful beach i can sit at all day and see maybe 2 ppl. There's a lot of other things at play as well. Being outdoors in nature makes me really feel alive. Guess for me its intresting to learn about how others live. Its kind of like traveling without spending the money. But i do know what you mean. Guess that's ment for me. The nature path
Okay... I saw you grow trees. That's a very spiritual activity. So your feeling stuck is no doubt related to some other feeling of emptiness, unconnected with your nature-oriented spiritual path. Maybe you are wanting authentic life friends? The 40s are a time of discarding the chaff and going straight for the wheat. People discard their many meaningless relationships, in exchange for a small handful of authentic ones.

Or, I gave my possessions away in my 40s and moved 3000 miles away with just a car-load of personal items. I created a whole new life for myself from the ground up. That's how I got unstuck lol.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Master
I don't have a lot of material things anyway, my wife an i been messing with the idea doing something similar to that anyway after her daughter gets done with high school. "1 year to go". Then Its just her an i so that will be easy to do. Like i mentioned i do feel very lucky my wife is very supportive of all i been talking about. Witch makes it a lot easier. No excuses.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:

When you loose everything you think you need, you open to everything you just didn't think about. And that changes your whole relationship to you and to all life around you because you keep what is important. We don't travel in a straight line, we move in a spiral where we continue to revisit and find deeper meanings in Those things we thought we already knew.
Feeling stuck is a perceived idea when your journeying that you have stopped. Your investigating what stuck actually has within itself perceiving itself this way so are you stuck really��

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder