Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 05-04-2017, 03:26 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
To allow the world to go on as it does is an evil in itself. It is to withhold readily available water from the lips of those dying of thirst, to walk by a person struggling in vain to pull themselves out of a pit.

I have difficulty believing that such beings could exist and be amoral enough to not come together and take some kind of open stand against the general inequity of the world. This sort of inaction is what you'd expect from the unenlightened; the dull witted, the living dead.

So, if they do exist in any capacity, they may have simply assessed that they don't have what it takes to make a difference - and it wouldn't be much. Billions of people follow the idea of miracle workers while having never even seen miracles being done.

A group of people with the power to demonstrate as opposed to claim and insinuate - they could pull the world into a new and better form in a single generation. Look at what people are willing to believe - they're desperate for a sign of something greater. The confusion and disarray is one long, silent scream pleading for hope and leadership.

No one answers. I don't think there is anyone who can answer, really.

But there are ppl with abilities. Telekinesis i heard was recently proven (supposedly) with some children in china. Voodoo, mediums, etc. i think no matter what abilities or alien powers u have u still cant change much. This practically is a star wars universe. Its chaotic with no real control. No, govts or anything above doesnt have full control. So no matter who u preach to youll only reach a small %. Now if celebrities all banned together to change the world, that could be possible, something more than just donating their money
Old 15-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
But there are ppl with abilities. Telekinesis i heard was recently proven (supposedly) with some children in china. Voodoo, mediums, etc. i think no matter what abilities or alien powers u have u still cant change much. This practically is a star wars universe. Its chaotic with no real control. No, govts or anything above doesnt have full control. So no matter who u preach to youll only reach a small %. Now if celebrities all banned together to change the world, that could be possible, something more than just donating their money

WHAT?! You think people that who showed up and did the things religions pretend to have done because it drives the masses wild with excitement and hope would be a less effectual force on the collective human consciousness than a bunch of ineffectual, useless jackoffs like Bono and Beyonce?

You don't see celebrities "band together" and do anything beyond throwing a small (in the actual scheme of things) amount of money at individual problems, because that's literally all they can do. The capacity of this culture for revolution is entirely constrained by the "fanbase", and their capacity for revolution consists of follows on twitter and youtube reaction videos. This is because people who are excited and enthusiastic about the passion and showmanship of individuals who are little more than revenue generation machines, well, these people are dumb. There's no getting around it. The culture is dumb. It's a dumb culture for dumb humans.

And I think you've had your brain poisoned by said culture.
Old 15-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
To allow the world to go on as it does is an evil in itself. It is to withhold readily available water from the lips of those dying of thirst, to walk by a person struggling in vain to pull themselves out of a pit.

I have difficulty believing that such beings could exist and be amoral enough to not come together and take some kind of open stand against the general inequity of the world. This sort of inaction is what you'd expect from the unenlightened; the dull witted, the living dead.

So, if they do exist in any capacity, they may have simply assessed that they don't have what it takes to make a difference - and it wouldn't be much. Billions of people follow the idea of miracle workers while having never even seen miracles being done.

A group of people with the power to demonstrate as opposed to claim and insinuate - they could pull the world into a new and better form in a single generation. Look at what people are willing to believe - they're desperate for a sign of something greater. The confusion and disarray is one long, silent scream pleading for hope and leadership.

No one answers. I don't think there is anyone who can answer, really.

What if the wise ones are secretly helping us but only at the level we are able to receive their wisdom? Maybe they understand our potential and that by just fixing our problems we would learn nothing. Perhaps they know that anything they do on our behalf would be misused for some nefarious intent. I am pre-supposing there is an eternal spiritual aspect to this and that they are just older more advanced human souls.
Old 15-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
What if the wise ones are secretly helping us but only at the level we are able to receive their wisdom? Maybe they understand our potential and that by just fixing our problems we would learn nothing. Perhaps they know that anything they do on our behalf would be misused for some nefarious intent. I am pre-supposing there is an eternal spiritual aspect to this and that they are just older more advanced human souls.

And I suppose I am pre-supposing that, as a race, and as spiritual beings, we are ultimately sliding towards self-destruction; hence the thirst metaphor. The idea of spiritual degradation or destruction does not really exist in the new age encyclopedia of things-that-might-be, so there isn't much to be gained by pushing that particular agenda around here. Still, the idea very much drives individuals like myself.

At any rate, I do not particularly believe we have anything to learn by being ignorant, and I do not believe that we are somehow strengthened by being starved. The idea that by having our nature withheld from us we might be somehow improved? I find it preposterous.

If such wise ones do exist, and are watching, then perhaps it is their wisdom that we should stand our fall on our own merits. That has a certain degree of cold logic.
Old 15-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Guide
Nevermind demonstrations, ppl receive death threats just by saying what they know
Old 15-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Ascender
Quote:
And I suppose I am pre-supposing that, as a race, and as spiritual beings, we are ultimately sliding towards self-destruction; hence the thirst metaphor. The idea of spiritual degradation or destruction does not really exist in the new age encyclopedia of things-that-might-be, so there isn't much to be gained by pushing that particular agenda around here. Still, the idea very much drives individuals like myself.

My agenda is to satisfy my curiosity.

Quote:
At any rate, I do not particularly believe we have anything to learn by being ignorant, and I do not believe that we are somehow strengthened by being starved. The idea that by having our nature withheld from us we might be somehow improved? I find it preposterous.

I see your point. That would be unkind to withhold valuable information for the sake of withholding it.

I think those who seek spiritual wisdom will eventually find it. Then there are those who have discovered higher truth and shared it freely with the masses only to have paid dearly, or their teachings were used to great evil. Great wisdom is wasted on those cannot listen

Quote:
If such wise ones do exist, and are watching, then perhaps it is their wisdom that we should stand our fall on our own merits. That has a certain degree of cold logic.

There would be no joy in life if everything were automatically handed to us. It would be a boring generic uneventful life. And besides, who knows what unique gifts that can only be discovered through adversity.
Old 15-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Master

Quote:

in my experience if we were actually told the things we say we want to know we would just totally misunderstand. We don't have a context for understanding the truth. And to be honest, we don't seem to want it.

We like to have fun acting like a goat and deny ourselves understanding in the hopes of having the pleasure of having someone try to convince us. Usually at great expense to themselves.

If you are a wise one you might come to understand there is no point playing that game. It won't lead to the desired result but will lead to personally disastrous things like for example what happened to Christ. And so you might look for another plan.
Old 15-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
And besides, who knows what unique gifts that can only be discovered through adversity.

I agree very much. If even a few seeds blossom in this way, it might conceivably justify billions of stillborn flowers, if we assume that there is no other way to go about such a cultivation.

That notion also appears to have mother nature on its side. It is worth noting that evolution tends to be, when you take a good long look at it, total carnage.

Of course this leaves us in a scenario where the hypothetical wise ones are anything but gentle new age overseers out to ensure hope, prosperity and transcendence for humankind at large. But it's an entirely plausible explanation, that human beings need to be ground up by the machine for it to go anywhere useful, and you have my admiration for pointing it out!
Old 17-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I agree very much. If even a few seeds blossom in this way, it might conceivably justify billions of stillborn flowers, if we assume that there is no other way to go about such a cultivation.

That notion also appears to have mother nature on its side. It is worth noting that evolution tends to be, when you take a good long look at it, total carnage.

Of course this leaves us in a scenario where the hypothetical wise ones are anything but gentle new age overseers out to ensure hope, prosperity and transcendence for humankind at large. But it's an entirely plausible explanation, that human beings need to be ground up by the machine for it to go anywhere useful, and you have my admiration for pointing it out!

I have observed that great challenges often cause people to dig deeper, and make profound discoveries that they might not otherwise have been aware of. I suppose you could say changes could be brought about by gentler means, but how often would we be receptive to it? Massive cultural pressures and beliefs keep us tied to present circumstances.

Perhaps those who are wise, those who have crossed the oceans time and again, eventually realize the futility in trying to guide others to the promised land. Maybe they eventually prefer to see us as equal individuals on their own journey with our own potential rather than as sheep in need of their rescuing. And instead of preferring consensus based reality maybe they commit more of their time and energy to developing their latent powers. Perhaps it's not that they are trying to keep others down by their absence, but merely welcoming us to meet them on their level.
Old 17-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Suspended
I believe the 'wise ones', want us to build trust and believe in ourselves. Cause in doing so the strength that we have builds from overcoming things that we once thought that we couldn't do.