Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Pathfinder
What does it feel like to die?

I'm not sure why I'm so intrigued by this, I think I have had a dream about it. Death has been a massive factor in my life this year. I'm not even sure why I want to know.

I suppose that no one really knows, otherwise they'd be dead?
Old 23-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Master
A diabetic with very low blood sugar can tell you what it feels like to die. The energy leaves your body, you can not move, or move very little, you are extremely lightheaded, and your consciousness begins to detach from this world.

In the out-of-body experiences which I have had the first thing which you experience is a dramatic change in the way which you feel your self. You no longer feel the weight of your human body. Your perception and eyesight changes as you are no longer looking through physical eyes.

All of your senses take on a different feel at the time you leave your body. The greatest sensation, after exiting your physical body, is the sensation which comes with floating. Nothing under your feet and nothing around you to hold on to. It is an incredible experience, but I don't think everyone has the same experience at the time of death.

I have seen hundreds of people die in all sorts of ways, as a combat medic during the Vietnam War, an ambulance EMT, and later working in the medical field after leaving the military. Some people die in great fear and that look of fear stays on their face long after they have died, while others die with a smile on their face and light glowing in their eyes and around their body. Our death will be as individual and unique as each of us are.
Old 23-12-2016, 11:58 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you so much Starman for your reply, your experiences sound profound and extensive. The nearest thing I've had is sleep paralysis; which is very different.

I think that all our physical deaths from this incarnation will be individual and how we experience them (as well as the method of how we die) is totally unique.

We all go back to the same place...

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Old 25-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Always the same. you see one, you see them all.

Of course, only if you believe in death, which is not true (for God).
Old 26-12-2016, 06:54 AM
Master

Read ' The Tibetan Book of The Dead' It explains everything.
Old 27-12-2016, 04:40 AM
Guide

I don't know....when I had my NDE, it was fast so I didn't feel anything. I was here and then I was gone. That quick. I didn't feel anything. I guess that's how a sudden death would feel. What I saw was a grey fog and deceased loved ones. I had no conscious of my life on the Earth at that point. I didn't remember anything, like when you first wake up from a deep sleep. I didn't know what was really going on....I didn't even know I had slippped away. When I came back, I felt more....like panic, anxiety, etc. but while I was there, I just felt like a person would who had just awakened from a deep sleep, relaxed, laid back, calm, rested, etc. and just wondering where I was...cause I didn't know.
Old 27-12-2016, 07:32 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMist
I'm not sure why I'm so intrigued by this, I think I have had a dream about it. Death has been a massive factor in my life this year. I'm not even sure why I want to know.

What it feels to die depends on the conditions, i.e. whether one suffers from an illness or accident etc.
However what it feels to be dead is what everybody knows from the time before birth.
Old 27-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMist

If you ask me, it is just a dropping of the physical body. You might not even realize this and might see your body and suddenly comprehend the destruction of your physical body. But you , the 'consciousness', is still there.

The 'consciousness' or soul, either goes to the astral worlds generally, or prepares to take a new body.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 27-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
If you ask me, it is just a dropping of the physical body. You might not even realize this and might see your body and suddenly comprehend the destruction of your physical body. But you , the 'consciousness', is still there.

The 'consciousness' or soul, either goes to the astral worlds generally, or prepares to take a new body.
I agree....I was not aware of a physical body, or any pain. I was aware that I was thinking, and wondering who these people were and where was I? At one point....at the very end, there was the small light far away.....like a star in the night sky. These people turned around and very quickly went into it, and disappeared. Everything went black and I woke up shortly after. One thing that stuck out in my mind afterwards, was how they looked. They weren't solid, physical bodies....thy looked to be made of light and some kind of electrical energy.

It was very odd to me, and made me question the whole thing....until 4 days later when I started googling it and other people's experiences. I had never heard of energy or anything like my experience being related to death or souls. I was raised in a baptist church, so I always assumed that we would not exist until resurrection or judgement day...or even like ghost, or angels. The whole energy thing was a new concept to me and this was my first experience with learning about energy. It would be a very very coincidental experience if it was a hallucination....since this is what a lot of other people described similarly in their NDE, too....when I started reading about it later.

I was shocked and I have become convinced, that one day....science will be able to prove this existence of after death because it is energy, although right now....it baffles me they haven't, since mainstream science doesn't study the paranormal.

After this NDE, I had a long stream of rash psychic experiences for about 5 years. I've always had them, I guess, but they were so subtle and I didn't understand them until after I had this experience, mainly through dreams. One thing I saw, is during very traumatic deaths, in my dream, the people (this is hard to explain) but right before their death, their whole body, the color would fade....like a light bulb going dim. To me, that meant that their soul was already leaving their body before the trauma had even occurred, but was about to.
Old 27-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Master

From what I have learned the act of death is painless. Maybe leading up to death might be painful but not the actual act of dying. I've learned also, many souls actually leave the body before their body dies. It's, "I'm outta here," and they detach.

Interestingly, birth is the painful event but not dying.