Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 07-07-2020, 03:49 AM
Pathfinder
The sun

Something really weird happened today I found myself staring at the Sun staring for so long that I saw past the brightness and seeing just the sun as it is in the sky with light beaming around it. Like I was mesmerized the only thing that stopped me was the thought to myself Which was my own voice saying wow I am staring right into the sun. First of all I can’t tell you why I was staring at the Sun second of all I’m glad I stopped because I’m sure that’s damaging to your eyes third of all please don’t tell me I’m dumb I’m just sharing my experience here because I know there are a lot of people in this community with an open mind. I’ve always been attracted to the sun. I’m a Libra rising sun in Libra and Taurus moon. I also find myself
Looking up to the sky for answers maybe I’m just out of it with everything going on in the world I don’t feel myself and maybe just dozed off into the sun lol it sounds so weird to me after I confront it
Old 12-07-2020, 10:46 AM
Elfin

Hi and firstly you're not dumb!... Oh how I worship the sun too. It is my ruler ( leo!) ...whatever happened to you happened, whether gazing at the sun for real, or during a hazy moment . And I also look at the sky often .. and each time I see the most amazing images looking down.. such vivid faces of those past and present. Always look at the sky, for there is always something to explore, something to see!.... But then again.. folk might say I'm a bit "mad"...!!!! Lol.... But who cares?!! And yes , the current way of life is probably affecting many of us in different ways .. but we are still "us"..!
Old 12-07-2020, 07:46 PM
Master

I agree that you are not dumb. You may want to read Sunyogi Umasankar Ji. He describes his own meditations on the Sun and all that he gained from it. He advocates meditation on the Sun in a particular manner, but I must admit that I have never tried it - I am too concerned about the possible dangers of damaging my eyes.

Peace
Old 13-07-2020, 11:30 AM
Elfin

And this folks... Is the beauty of this forum.. we learn so much!
Old 13-07-2020, 02:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for sharing wonderful realizations..
Old 29-07-2020, 01:53 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you Elfin!! & thank you iamthat. This is exactly why I love this forum, I do learn so much form everyone in this beautiful safe place. I’m checking out that sun meditAtion.

Something else I learned which is really super intriguing to me. A story from the past Greek gods which I can relate to. I was once a twin he’s not with me now he died August 31, 2019 I just read about the story of Apollo and Artemis Apollo being representative of the sun which would be my brother and me being Artemis represented by the moon❤️. Who knows if maybe I was having a moment with my brother�� I miss him so much ��
Old 29-07-2020, 06:36 PM
Master

Here is a Song i've always loved about the Sun, and a poem i wrote on the Forums called the Winter Solstice Sun.

The Fat Old Sun -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOVTF5gTXM

The Winter Solstice Sun

Rise again Winter Sun,
Rise again and Blind me.
Make me one, and make new
Again with you.
Show me the way to go,
Brighten my days, my path
winding through the life
I live.
Blind the sadness from my life
And the heartaches from my mind.
Blind me with the Warmth of your
Rays over the naked trees,
Stop me in my tracks.
The wandering lament of normality
That many assign themselves to,
Have Mercy and break asunder
Prisons and graves
Hardships and Pain...
Burn it up in your light
Take the bird to flight
And take me to your breast
Open your warm arms wide
Stop me on the lonely road
And sing to me
Sing one song till the end
of time, Sing songs like
the sparkling lights on water
Sing songs as a mother to
the infant mild,
Emblazon the the dying days
of Winter with Hope
Forever

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 30-07-2020 at 04:26 AM.
Old 29-07-2020, 07:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Here is a Song i've always loved about the Sun, and a poem i wrote on the Forums about Called the Winter Solstice Sun.

The Fat Old Sun -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOVTF5gTXM

Aaaah - Fat Old Sun. One of my favourites. In fact, Atom Heart Mother is perhaps my favourite Pink Floyd album, although both Gilmour and Waters apparently hate it. But I have been playing it for nearly 50 years.

Another favourite pertaining to the Sun, from Jethro Tull - Look into the Sun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VXRSVZHIY

Nice poem too!

Peace
Old 30-07-2020, 02:01 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks Joe. (That was my brothers name) your poem really reached me. I cried! Thank you for sharing that.

IamthAt, I actually love me some Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull ...

I’m amazed by the coincidence is here
Old 30-07-2020, 06:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Aaaah - Fat Old Sun. One of my favourites. In fact, Atom Heart Mother is perhaps my favourite Pink Floyd album, although both Gilmour and Waters apparently hate it. But I have been playing it for nearly 50 years.

Another favourite pertaining to the Sun, from Jethro Tull - Look into the Sun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VXRSVZHIY

Nice poem too!

Peace

Long Time since I listened to AHM. Me and the Bro used to listen to it in our bedroom, Floyd were challenging for teenagers but as the years have gone by when i get a chance to listen they are still and even more so as I get older very rewarding.
Thanks for sharing the Jethro Tull tune, Really very nice tune and it relates easily to a couple of episodes in my life, when the Summer was over all too quickly but kinda dragged into Autumn ..and then fell apart at high speed

I'll mention Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sea. I found the track challenging enough as a kid, high as kite of course. But listening to it yesterday, it sounds just perfect and in the comments section a guy says its the most mystical track ever made, which is a fair old claim but not far off the mark ! Thanks once again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbXIMZmVv8

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge