Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 06-06-2018, 01:47 AM
Master
Any Marathon Runners and Figure Skaters?

Hi everyone, I just want to reach out and see if there are any other marathoners and figure skaters out there that can help support and give each other advice. I ran my first marathon last year. Unfortunately, I had to miss two months of training prior to the race. I was hesitant to go, but I somehow managed it anyway (our bodies are amazing machines!) with a decent time. I am also considering training to do an ultra marathon and see if I can push the limits a little bit. In addition, I am also doing figure skating, but my skills are rudimentary at best. I can do single rotation jumps in both directions and a double flip and a double toe loop with some effort, lol! It's so much fun. Let me know if you guys have any comments or advice to give!

Here are some general questions that I have:

How much more challenging is training for an ultra marathon compared to a regular marathon?

I am training to do figure skating jump rotations both clockwise and counter clockwise. Should I focus on one rotational side instead so that I progress faster?

What are your favorite marathon race(s)?

Who's your favorite skater(s)?

Thanks and blessings to all! :)

P.S. Yuzuru Hanyu is my hero!

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 12-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Master
I am working on my double axel although I fell pretty hard the other day. Once I get stronger and recover I might post some videos. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 10-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello Imzadi,

I haven't seen you on the forum for a long time. How is the training doing? Are you still running Ultra's or just standard?

I am doing a couple marathons in the bay area in the next few months. I am also thinking of the 40th anniversary one in San Fran full ( or half) in July. I gotta see where I am at though pace an endurance wise which is why I am still stuck at halfs.

To answer your questions, I don't like short distancing running ( 5K, 10k's) short bursts in short times, gives me a lot of anxiety. I mean, its good to see where once is pace wise, but I personally hate them. I prefer to stay in the 21K meter. Ultra is most certainly out of the question for me ( I'd die LOL) but would be open to a mountain trail run with long distance, non race.

Hope all is well and good luck if your out there running.
Old 14-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Knower
i have done 2 marathon's, best time 3hrs 24mins. not sure if i will get PB this time as it's a hilly marathon. im thinking of trying an ultra marathon at some stage. it's all in the training so they say.
Old 14-03-2019, 08:27 PM
Knower
PB for 10miles is 1hr 8mins. half marathon 1hr 36minutes, 10k best time 41 mins, 5 mile best time 33 mins, 5k is like 20 mins. it's a lot of work you gotta train in different zones and do hill work and speed work as well as your steady longer runs. i feel like retiring at 40 from this running lark lol
Old 15-03-2019, 02:37 AM
Master
Yay! A fellow skater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I am working on my double axel although I fell pretty hard the other day. Once I get stronger and recover I might post some videos. :)

Imzadi!

I would love to see a video! Wow! Your list of jumps is amazing!

I have skated since I could walk,.... but, I am old now and the last fall broke a few too many things. I still skate, but I am now more of a waltz, loopy, twirly kind of skater. I skate on roller blades; there is no ice where I live.

Good Luck with the training! I will be cheering you on!