Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Charliemcsnarly

unconditional love, regardless of others' ignorance

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but it's amazing.

I was wondering people's thoughts on this. Over the last couple of years I've been waking up to so much, and when you do then there becomes a strong intent to wake up more, hence you open your mind and discover a vast depth to the world that not many can see.

It's funny because you spend your whole egoic life wanting to know more or thinking you know more than everyone else, but when you start actually seeing more, not only does your ego start to fall away, but also it becomes painfully frustrating that hardly anyone else can see it too. Not only that but they tend to have a naive arrogance about knowing so much more than you etc.

How do you have unconditional love for everyone when they display such stubborness and arrogance. I can see that it's not their fault, and that I was there and blah blah, but it's harder than it sounds, especially when you see people all around selling themselves out or playing roles in society. They can seem like sheep who are so stupid they don't even know they're just going along with the collectively hypnotised. And on top of that they may run you down.

It's a tough one.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly

I was wondering people's thoughts on this. Over the last couple of years I've been waking up to so much, and when you do then there becomes a strong intent to wake up more, hence you open your mind and discover a vast depth to the world that not many can see.

It's funny because you spend your whole egoic life wanting to know more or thinking you know more than everyone else, but when you start actually seeing more, not only does your ego start to fall away, but also it becomes painfully frustrating that hardly anyone else can see it too. Not only that but they tend to have a naive arrogance about knowing so much more than you etc.

How do you have unconditional love for everyone when they display such stubborness and arrogance. I can see that it's not their fault, and that I was there and blah blah, but it's harder than it sounds, especially when you see people all around selling themselves out or playing roles in society. They can seem like sheep who are so stupid they don't even know they're just going along with the collectively hypnotised. And on top of that they may run you down.

It's a tough one.
Hi Charlie: Firstly, let go of that attitude.. you seem like you are judging subordinates.. seek a common ground, don't feel like 'they' have to see what 'you' see, look for a place where 'we' see together..

Be well..
Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi Charlie: Firstly, let go of that attitude.. you seem like you are judging subordinates.. seek a common ground, don't feel like 'they' have to see what 'you' see, look for a place where 'we' see together..

Be well..

Thanks, I hear what you're saying but it's much easier said than done.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Humm

Quote:

It's a tough one.
Excellent post.

For me, once I experienced the true unitive perspective, I realized how much the same we all are. It is all about consciousness.

You can say it is not all their fault when they are in fact unconscious of the unity of all. They are in fact playing roles and making shortsighted decisions because they are operating from egoistic survivalist consciousness (perspective) which pits the individual against the universe. The ego sees itself as the center of the universe, thus all is perceived in relation to it. The unitive perspective (consciousness) is the reverse of this, seeing through one's own perceptions as simply one's own perceptions, and one firmly takes one's place as only a part, but an intimate part, of the universe as a whole, with everything and everyone else. Only then can one be said to be truly responsible, in consciousness. Only then can there be true 'seeing' together.

Just as you describe, this process goes in stages. My advice would be meditation, and a letting go during meditation to the full effect of egoic surrender. This is not to expunge your ego, but to place it in it's proper place. Once you are fully opened to the unitive consciousness, your heart will be opened in compassion, and you will see their arrogance and stubbornness for the desperate egoic grasping of control born of fear that it is.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Excellent post.

For me, once I experienced the true unitive perspective, I realized how much the same we all are. It is all about consciousness.

You can say it is not all their fault when they are in fact unconscious of the unity of all. They are in fact playing roles and making shortsighted decisions because they are operating from egoistic survivalist consciousness (perspective) which pits the individual against the universe. The ego sees itself as the center of the universe, thus all is perceived in relation to it. The unitive perspective (consciousness) is the reverse of this, seeing through one's own perceptions as simply one's own perceptions, and one firmly takes one's place as only a part, but an intimate part, of the universe as a whole, with everything and everyone else. Only then can one be said to be truly responsible, in consciousness. Only then can there be true 'seeing' together.

Just as you describe, this process goes in stages. My advice would be meditation, and a letting go during meditation to the full effect of egoic surrender. This is not to expunge your ego, but to place it in it's proper place. Once you are fully opened to the unitive consciousness, your heart will be opened in compassion, and you will see their arrogance and stubbornness for the desperate egoic grasping of control born of fear that it is.

Wow, thank you for this amazing reply! I have certainly had glimpses of unity and compassion, but most of the time it's so easy to fall back into dualistic thinking, and when I do then contemplating oneness can actually feel pretty lonely. I definitely think meditation is good advice.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Humm

Quote:
Wow, thank you for this amazing reply! I have certainly had glimpses of unity and compassion, but most of the time it's so easy to fall back into dualistic thinking, and when I do then contemplating oneness can actually feel pretty lonely. I definitely think meditation is good advice.
You are welcome.

I wish you the greatest fulfillment of your efforts.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
pearldiver

Thoughts...

Hi Charlie,

if you talk about unconditional love - just be aware - it is without condition... which means - it doesn't matter if you find people stupid, it is your point of view making them so. If they don't comprehend to what you say it might just be their view of life. You can't talk with everybody about everything. If they are your friends, you will have, like 'TzuJanLi' stated, to find a 'we'. If you look for someone to talk to about, what your friends do not understand, find new ones who does...

Unconditional love can't be put into any schema it is what it is - the acceptance, that any human being has gods light in his heart. When you seek and find your own you will be able to see it in any other person too. This light of theirs is no other, then your own.

Accepting that will give you automatically the ability to love all people without condition. You accept them as they are.

Every person has its own path through life towards unity. Everyone has its own way to get there. You meet people on their path with their own thoughts and experiences of life. They don't have to match yours. That does not make them stupid. It might happen, that some people will find you stupid, which doesn't make you stupid either.

Judgment - 'good / bad, Wise / ignorant' is the game of the ego. it is the polarity, which is the nature of the physical world. Unconditional love is beyond that and beyond judgment.

Learn to love yourself and you will love everything. I know, it is not easy and it is a long way. If you started walking this path don't give up. Seek for your peace of mind and it will find you.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearldiver
Hi Charlie,

if you talk about unconditional love - just be aware - it is without condition... which means - it doesn't matter if you find people stupid, it is your point of view making them so. If they don't comprehend to what you say it might just be their view of life. You can't talk with everybody about everything. If they are your friends, you will have, like 'TzuJanLi' stated, to find a 'we'. If you look for someone to talk to about, what your friends do not understand, find new ones who does...

Unconditional love can't be put into any schema it is what it is - the acceptance, that any human being has gods light in his heart. When you seek and find your own you will be able to see it in any other person too. This light of theirs is no other, then your own.

Accepting that will give you automatically the ability to love all people without condition. You accept them as they are.

Every person has its own path through life towards unity. Everyone has its own way to get there. You meet people on their path with their own thoughts and experiences of life. They don't have to match yours. That does not make them stupid. It might happen, that some people will find you stupid, which doesn't make you stupid either.

Judgment - 'good / bad, Wise / ignorant' is the game of the ego. it is the polarity, which is the nature of the physical world. Unconditional love is beyond that and beyond judgment.

Learn to love yourself and you will love everything. I know, it is not easy and it is a long way. If you started walking this path don't give up. Seek for your peace of mind and it will find you.
Many very wise points!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Master
I think so, too, pearldiver. Nice post. And nice thread, charliemcsnarly.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearldiver
Hi Charlie,

Beautiful, thank you. It certainly resonates very strongly with me. One of the main problems I'm having at the moment is that I see this beautiful planet being utterly destroyed, and I see humans left right and centre trod on and completely used, regardless of their suffering, but people won't wake up. They will just believe what they are told through the television and media, or they will accept their chosen religion as the final truth and they abide like sheep, stubbornly asserting that they are correct about everything, but in actual fact they are allowing all this to happen simply by conforming without question. I used to notice this even at around 8-9 years old that a large percentage of my classmates etc just went along with what they were told. It hurts to think about this world in such dismay.

When I am out in nature I feel like I get glimpses of what utopia, or heaven feels like. This earth could be that if people would release their arrogance and open their minds.