Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
And I consequently also regard anything else as more or less being a 'foolish' distraction in said regard - that is, in regards what I regard as being 'most' important - though to others who regard such 'else' as being 'important' it may appear to be a 'wise' investment of their energy and time.
That's a good reminder. I guess that's the next evolutionary stage for me: letting go of the untruth I see, and focusing on the truth that is. :)
Old 13-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's a good reminder. I guess that's the next evolutionary stage for me: letting go of the untruth I see, and focusing on the truth that is. :)
Sometimes its 'worth' taking the time and trouble to expose 'lies' and 'distortions' to the LIGHT of TRUTH - not 'aiming' to 'beat up' or 'convert' the lie-and-distortion valuer, but as a floatation buoy in case there's someone nearby who is close to 'drowning' and so ready to grab onto it while learning to swim in 'deep' water.

Its 'nature' of your motive (is it LOVE-ing?) is what you need to be aware of (and 'clean up', if necessary) in my outside-observer's opinion, talented truth-flasher!
Old 13-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Sometimes its 'worth' taking the time and trouble to expose 'lies' and 'distortions' to the LIGHT of TRUTH

Its 'nature' of your motive (is it LOVE-ing?) that you need to be aware of (and 'clean up', if necessary), talented truth-flasher!
True again. I absolutely despise dishonesty, I don't deal with it in a loving way at all. I can forgive the unconscious misdeed, but I can't forgive lying about doing it and covering it up... oooh that disgusts me, a real sign of weakness of character.
Old 13-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
True again. I absolutely despise dishonesty, I don't deal with it in a loving way at all. I can forgive the unconscious misdeed, but I can't forgive lying about doing it and covering it up... oooh that disgusts me, a real sign of weakness of character.
I have had (hopefully past tense) the same re-action - as far as I can tell, for two 'reasons' - (1) I 'caring' about (perceived as) 'weaker' others who I 'see' as possibly being victimed, miss-led etc. (to their own detriment) as a 'result', and (2) feeling 'weak' and 'frustrated' myself and so 'seeing' liars, hypocrits, etc. as being completely unacceptable abandoners and betrayers, of 'me' and 'my' (which I project to be humanity's) cause - sort of like what you can imagine a soldier/warrior would 'naturally' feel in relation to a wished-for fellow-soldiers/warriors being 'traitors' (etc.) instead.

Embracing and grounding myself more deeply in FAITH that Life/God/THE Flow of Creativity will find ITs way, HUMBLY accepting that 'I' can only do what 'I' can do (and not getting 'hooked' into the 'grandiosity' of thinking and feeling that 'I' have the 'power' (or could/should if 'I' just had the 'help' of others!) to 'heroically' play 'God' (almighty! ), and so TRUSTfully 'giving' the BIG 'job' - the ultimate response-ability - for determining the outcome 'I' desire to said Life-at-Large God has helped and continues to help 'me' - 'my' process - to become more with the 'aim' of becoming completely Loving (hence unjudgmental, undisgusted, unangry, unvengeful).

Others will get to 'heaven' on their 'own' merits - or won't, if they abandon LOVE and TRUTH as some are 'bound' to do and so end up going "back to 'go'" - all in due course, nothing/no one before its/their 'time'. There can be no 'better' development-spurring world-stage 'board game'. IT's ALL really 'Good'!

Hoping you can adapt/use some of the ideas/practices relating to 'my' path to design and implement a 'better' one for 'your' self.

Salut, Bro!

Last edited by davidsun : 13-10-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 13-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkFreely
Has anyone else read Jakeb Brock's "The New Consciousness"? It takes a really interesting view on history through the lens of consciousness development and argues that we are actually arriving at a time when we can collectively right the wrongs of the world by evolving to a higher spiritual elevation.

Here's a sort of introduction to the concept if you want a better idea: ournewconsciousness dot com/from-the-desk-of-jakeb-brock-an-introduction-to-the-new-consciousness/

The book makes a lot of good points, but it's often hard to be so optimistic... maybe that means I'm not personally ready for that evolution? I used to work in the news and seeing the direction the world in directed in these days is a bit discouraging. The only time I actually feel optimistic is when interacting with a small group of individuals. I think most people today want to let go of strife and just live happily in peace - but these are the people with power and influence.

What do you think?

Hard to believe that.

Most of religious or spiritual ideas and leaders are from the past, in fact from many hundreds and thousands years ago- from Jesus, Buddha, Greek philosophers, Eastern philosophers, and etc.

In this modern days or at least for the last few hundreds yrs, science has taken over and has pressed down on spiritual aspects because often the intangible spiritual energy cycles/aspects can not be proven or be tested in scientific methods.

Those who actually discover spiritual aspects are often ridiculed and turned away by their colleagues. (ex. Brian Weiss, Roger Woolger, etc.)

If our human race continually depends on natural evolution through time and by procreation, I don't see any enlightened or higher levels of human races for the future.
In fact quite opposite is what I predict, unless there is a significant intercept of natural procreation through genetic modifications and structured/collective child rearing process.

No not genocide. Every race and ethnic and culture develop their best traits through genetic modifications.

Yes, I know. How dare we play God, right? How cold and calculating to think this way, right? It should be all about love and all accepting, right?
Well.... we will see how it turns out in another 1000 yrs.

BTW, we are already playing God in agricultural and on other animals for very long time. Just look at all the cute dog breeds that we have.
Ex: That little chihuahua was from that big wolf?

There is a really silly movie called Idiocracy. It may be predicting the real future.
Old 13-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Ascender
Duplicate duplicate.
Old 13-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
we are already playing God in agricultural and on other animals for very long time. Just look at all the cute dog breeds that we have.
Ex: That little chihuahua was from that big wolf?
There's playing 'god' and then there's playing 'GOD'!
\
Y'ever seen a football game in which a team come from 28 points behind to win?

The Q is how do YOU wish to live YOUR Life?

Like I said, embrace and embody FAITH in the foregoing regards, or you might as well just QUIT!

As they say in operatic circles, "It ain't over until the fat lady sings!"
Old 13-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Master

Quote:
I'd be interested, if you don't mind, to hear a few (three ?) examples of truth / untruth pairs you were thinking of when you wrote this post.
Old 13-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Most of religious or spiritual ideas and leaders are from the past, in fact from many hundreds and thousands years ago- from Jesus, Buddha, Greek philosophers, Eastern philosophers, and etc.

In this modern days or at least for the last few hundreds yrs, science has taken over and has pressed down on spiritual aspects because often the intangible spiritual energy cycles/aspects can not be proven or be tested in scientific methods.

Those who actually discover spiritual aspects are often ridiculed and turned away by their colleagues. (ex. Brian Weiss, Roger Woolger, etc.)

I see it quite differently.

The Piscean Age was characterised by the various religions of the world which depend on external authorities. As we move into the Aquarian Age more people will look within for their own spiritual truths, without the need for priests to tell us what to believe.

Science and religion may seem opposed, but some scientists such as David Bohm are finding common ground as they realise the importance of consciousness. We can discount the ideas of people like Richard Dawkins who take a very limited view of God and then use science to "prove" that such a God cannot exist.

Science may be good at explaining the workings of the external universe, but their explanations will always fall short until they seriously consider other planes of consciousness. Then they will realise that many answers are not found in a physical laboratory but are instead found in the laboratory of consciousness. And they will then discover what Yogis have known for thousands of years.

Peace.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I see it quite differently.

The Piscean Age was characterised by the various religions of the world which depend on external authorities. As we move into the Aquarian Age more people will look within for their own spiritual truths, without the need for priests to tell us what to believe.

Science and religion may seem opposed, but some scientists such as David Bohm are finding common ground as they realise the importance of consciousness. We can discount the ideas of people like Richard Dawkins who take a very limited view of God and then use science to "prove" that such a God cannot exist.

Science may be good at explaining the workings of the external universe, but their explanations will always fall short until they seriously consider other planes of consciousness. Then they will realise that many answers are not found in a physical laboratory but are instead found in the laboratory of consciousness. And they will then discover what Yogis have known for thousands of years.

Peace.
Ditto, iamthat.

There are 'scientists' who would also concur with what you say, I think. Rupert Sheldrake comes to me. Also The Institute of Noetic Sciences, founded by Edgar Mitchell, the astronaut (https://noetic.org/ )