Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Meditation and sexual sensations?

Hello!

I'm feeling lost and frustrated with my meditation practice. I used to get often peaceful, relaxing meditation experiences, and sometimes even reach sort of sleep-awareness stage (body disappear but mind is there as awareness).

But now, i mostly reach an odd stage, which is sort of sexual/pleasure stage. It's frustrating, it feels as hinderance.

If i meditate "normally": just sitting, and emptying mind, observing. My body starts to do something, there's sensations, vibrations, movements, pressure, in sexual organs and in belly area. Which leads to congested result in body and mind. After meditation: feeling passive, unenergetic, cold, cannot think clearly, sleeping badly etc. And these symptoms actually last easily many many days. So this feels even detrimental.

Then if i meditate what hinduism recommends, on the ajna-chakra. Result is often what i call as "mini-orgasm". Breath may speed up, there's body shakes and twitches, and pleasurable sensation. Not exactly like real orgasm, not as powerful, but still pleasurable and relaxing. Problem is that, this neither is feeling progressive/useful. It feels very difficult to continue meditating after this "mini-orgasm" happen. Body feels sort of heavy because of relaxation, sitting starts to hurt, and mind doesn't feel fresh, active anymore.

And although this latter style does not lead exactly to "congestion", it also someway mess up with body at least. Can't now describe this any better. It just also feels damaging the neutral state of body and mind.

Neither of these are triggered by mental (sexual) images or thoughts. My mind is often pretty blank. I'm just observing/witnessing what is happening.

These all can happen just in 10 minutes. I used to be able to meditate 45-60 minutes but these days 30 minutes is already very good time.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Or any suggestions how to move past this stage?

I wish i could reach the happy medium again, neutrality. Well, feeling fresh and active after meditation would be good too but i try not to expect too much ;D
Old 09-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Pathfinder

In my understanding of meditation practice, you have reached a "test" or a difficulty you must overcome to reace next "level" in your practise. I experienced similar as you do, and it took some time to regain my meditation into a flow of calmness again, but do not give up.

In mye experience it was something from the past that was stuck in my mind, and when i found the answer within me, then this sensation went away.

Hope this helped a little.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tta
Hello!

I'm feeling lost and frustrated with my meditation practice. I used to get often peaceful, relaxing meditation experiences, and sometimes even reach sort of sleep-awareness stage (body disappear but mind is there as awareness).

Quote:
But now, i mostly reach an odd stage, which is sort of sexual/pleasure stage. It's frustrating, it feels as hinderance.

If i meditate "normally": just sitting, and emptying mind, observing. My body starts to do something, there's sensations, vibrations, movements, pressure, in sexual organs and in belly area. Which leads to congested result in body and mind. After meditation: feeling passive, unenergetic, cold, cannot think clearly, sleeping badly etc. And these symptoms actually last easily many many days. So this feels even detrimental.

The method of empty mind observing seems like a good way, so sensations, vibrations, pressures and a congested feeling are the reality of the experience as you experience it. Sometimes meditation involves a rough patch which is pretty much inevitable as part of the healing process.

Quote:
Then if i meditate what hinduism recommends, on the ajna-chakra. Result is often what i call as "mini-orgasm". Breath may speed up, there's body shakes and twitches, and pleasurable sensation. Not exactly like real orgasm, not as powerful, but still pleasurable and relaxing. Problem is that, this neither is feeling progressive/useful. It feels very difficult to continue meditating after this "mini-orgasm" happen. Body feels sort of heavy because of relaxation, sitting starts to hurt, and mind doesn't feel fresh, active anymore.

I'd suggest sticking to your first approach of calm observation is much better.

Quote:
And although this latter style does not lead exactly to "congestion", it also someway mess up with body at least. Can't now describe this any better. It just also feels damaging the neutral state of body and mind.

Better stick to the first way of quiet observation for neutrality of mind. At the moment something is coming up for release, so better keep a still disposition to let it come through.

Quote:
Neither of these are triggered by mental (sexual) images or thoughts. My mind is often pretty blank. I'm just observing/witnessing what is happening.

I'd stick to that sort of meditation rather that the anja one and let those sensations run thier course in their own time.

Quote:
These all can happen just in 10 minutes. I used to be able to meditate 45-60 minutes but these days 30 minutes is already very good time.

I think it can be helpful to use some strong determination and remain for 45 minutes at least. The experience at this time isn't altogether pleasant, but that is also a good practice opportunity. Keeping a stable neutral balance as best you can during trying experiences is a great way to get stronger in meditation

Quote:
Anyone experienced anything similar? Or any suggestions how to move past this stage?

Yes. I've been through many difficult times in my meditation process. I think if you keep solid in your practice of "just sitting, and emptying mind, observing", that would be best. You have to be aware of the reactivity you called 'frustration' as this disturbs your tranquility. Let these sensations be as they are, even though that's difficult, and as best you possibly can, don't allow frustration reactions to rule over your calm presence.

Quote:
I wish i could reach the happy medium again, neutrality. Well, feeling fresh and active after meditation would be good too but i try not to expect too much ;D

I think one has to allow the healing purification to do its thing, and sometimes when this becomes intense it can be draining, as the process becomes arduous at times. It will pass as you allow it to pass, and when it comes through to fully release, a new freer flow will follow through.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Master

Some people assume that any such experience signifies a stage of kundalini awakening, but this may have nothing to do with kundalini.

You may simply be feeling energy shifts in your chakras, and these energy shifts are also known as kriyas. These can take various forms, depending on the chakras involved, and the after-effects vary, but can include all the symptoms you mention.

It is a natural part of meditation as the etheric body adjusts to different energies, and may be caused by a congestion of energy in the chakras. As the congestion is released so the physical body reacts. The more congested the energy, the more severe the reactions.

Meditation is not always about peace and bliss. It will stir things up and we just have to flow with it. It will pass.

Peace.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:46 PM
Master

When something you do not like happens, just become a pure observer. Experience the sensations as a third person. That is, know that you are not the body in which sensations occur, but an outside observer.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:09 AM
Seeker

It could be your kundalini. Which is your sexual energy in a way. It can move up or it can move down. When it moves down it is towards orgasm. When it moves up it is evolving you towards spiritual enlightenment. If you get chills its moving up. If you squeeze your muscles bettween your anus and genitles that helps it move up. Eating less meat and more raw food helps it move up. Also it likes doing art. Hope that helps
Old 10-09-2018, 07:58 AM
Newbie ;)

I remember what Sri Satya Sai Baba advised to aspirants. Aspirants need to let go of their minds. What is important is, they don't follow their minds whims. It's like saying don't fight the mind when it chases sexual thoughts, JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T CHASE YOUR MIND WHEN IT CHASES SEX!

Good luck
Old 10-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello! Thank you, everyone of you. I'm really appreciating any thoughts and suggestions of yours. I've been trying to search, read, ask, test, to find anything could alleviate this challenge. But it's been difficult to find any information, and even if found something what felt related, things just feels more confusing. I wish i could remember when and how things began to go "wrong" but i've had these things already quite long time, like more or less, whole this ongoing year. Not every meditation moment has been what described but most of them.

Hmm, actually, I can now recall one occassion from this spring. During meditation, i had odd burning sensation somewhere in base of my spine, and it felt like moving slowly upward (huh, that moment felt quite scary). It wasn't exactly hurting but very strong heat. Never had it before and haven't happened after. I was afraid i injured my intervertebral disc or something, as there was odd sensations many days but it went past, luckily. Don't know if it's someway related. Well, physiologically, nerves goes from base of spine to sexual organs.

One confusing thing is that in my understanding, in Hinduism, there's these mother-energy-kundalini things, but in Buddhism, i haven't read such things. Then again in Taoism there's own sort of energy things. I'm not sure which things i should believe and follow, and am i damaging my nervous system someway by trying something? Trying to be careful at least but things needs to be solved. All roads lead to Rome? Probably buddhist way is the most neutral approach. But, well, certainly my things are sort of sexual-energy related althought i am not exactly very "driven" by that energy in normal life.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Pathfinder

I can only answer about energy from a buddhist point of view, but in my experience, the energies like kundalini or chi or other forms of energy told about in this tread is most likely the same energy just different names because it has been different teachers/buddhas/Gods who was teaching them to human beings.

But try to stick to one teaching at the time, so you do not get mixed up with teachings from many spiritual schools.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:05 PM
Experiencer
I would agree with Gem, Focusing on the sensations typically interferes. Do what you do as far as just going blank and let whatever happens happen.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj