Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 07-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Sangress

"Feeling" Eyes on You

Not sure where this is meant to be, but thought I'd put it in the ESP and telepathy section because I have a feeling it's to do with psychic awareness of another persons attention or mind.

Anyhow....for most of my life I've noticed this thing where I happen to simply know who is looking at me, from what direction they are looking at me from and whether they are paying attention while looking or just vaguely scanning the area.

To go into detail, I feel peoples gazes as a pressure or a kind of heat over me on the areas where they are looking, and when I notice that heat my awareness shoots straight to them and, no matter where they are (even behind a wall or in a crowd) my head snaps around, or I suddenly turn to face them if they are behind me and I meet their gaze.

Now, after the initial realization that someone is looking, when my awareness spreads over them, I instantly know a lot of information about the person such as: why they are looking, their emotions, whether they are criticizing or appraising me and generally whether they are a danger or not.

Because of this, literally every time someone hostile sets eyes on me I apparently "pin" them with my gaze. I know this because numerous people have told me that they literally become paralyzed with fear when I give them my "death stare" and they often feel that an immense stifling, almost suffocating weight settles in the air around them which becomes stronger and more volatile the longer I look at them and the closer I approach.

I have half a mind to put this behavior/skill/effect down to my "predatory" nature, that maybe I subconsciously take these eyes on me to be a challenge I have to meet, or that perhaps its a psychic ability....because seriously, not everyone has enough empathic awareness to panic and become paralyzed with fear when I look at them while secretly feeling anger/irritance/loathing.

I can also say that I am probably under 6 feet tall, a female teenager, extraordinarily skinny and I appear very breakable......not in the least intimidating.

I rarely show negative facial expressions either, I've grown a defensive mechanism that keeps my face blank and devoid of emotion when I am unhappy in any way or form....so people are obviously not "struck down" by my expression.

Has anyone else been on the receiving end, or the glaring end of one of these "death stares" that I describe?

Can anyone think of another explanation for it other than some kind of psychic skill?

Any theories, opinions, knowledge.....etc
Old 08-12-2010, 12:34 AM
MYFIGO

Has anyone else been on the receiving end, or the glaring end of one of these "death stares" that I describe?

Hi Sangress,

Yes, I have... but it was actually a Serial Killer and he did have a death wish for me! My Ex was a homicide detective and had arrested him but at the time no one knew the horrific details of this man's life or what he had done or would go on to do. Of course, I'm still here to tell the tale, but yes I do know what you mean. I felt it from 40 feet away and made my escape as quickly as I could. It was several weeks before I was able to identify who the man was.

Actually, now that I think of it, he was into witchcraft... so his could have been a psychic type of attack and my psychic abilities allowed me to pick up on it and allowed me to get away safely.

I think what you describe is psychic skill.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:35 AM
MYFIGO

Death Stare

Quote:

Hi Sangress,

Yes, I have... but it was actually a Serial Killer and he did have a death wish for me! My Ex was a homicide detective and had arrested him but at the time no one knew the horrific details of this man's life or what he had done or would go on to do. Of course, I'm still here to tell the tale, but yes I do know what you mean. I felt it from 40 feet away and made my escape as quickly as I could. It was several weeks before I was able to identify who the man was.

Actually, now that I think of it, he was into witchcraft... so his could have been a psychic type of attack and my psychic abilities allowed me to pick up on it and allowed me to get away safely.

I think what you describe about yourself is psychic skill.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Sangress

As far as I know this hasn't been a learned thing....my "death stare" has been around since I was an infant.

So can we say natural psychic ability or characteristic?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 AM
MYFIGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
As far as I know this hasn't been a learned thing....my "death stare" has been around since I was an infant.

So can we say natural psychic ability or characteristic?
Absolutely!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Sangress

Heh, I keep laughing because I just got compared to a Serial Killer (in an indirect and unintentional way of course.)

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that is really ironic for me.

It's made me notice something...

Most of us (if not all of us) have something in common with people who are deemed the "worst" of society (like murderers, thieves, criminals, con artists, @ssholes, even rapists) because we are all equals....and yet many of us don't want to or can't accept that fact because we don't like seeing dangerous people mirroring some of our own characteristics...as if in some way that lowers our own worth and chances to be accepted by society or themselves....at least that is what I am aware of.

I wonder if it's an ego thing...

Now I'm way off topic. Oh well.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Gracey

sangress, hi

i am like you, i have a strong will and an expanded consciousness that allows me to know the presence of others. i have scared people stiff too, dont like to do it, but i recognize that it is my will that does that. i use to test people out and stare at them and see if they could feel me. some could and others could not. and i know when someone is looking at me where my eyes cant see and i know when some one is thinking of me no matter where they are.
i would scare people and do this stuff in my youth, as i have grown older, i now channel my will in postive energy flow.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Sangress

Thats great Gracey.

This kind of sensory perception can get you out of a lot of nasty situations.

I tend to thrive on chaos and the negative things in life, so perhaps this is an adaption that's been brought on by my love of energy from fear and pain.

It would make sense for someone who thrives on such energies to have a skill to scare the **** out of anyone with a mere glance.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Ciqala

I am pretty sure this is normal, every single person on earth has it to a degree, we can always tell when someone is staring us down. All it is, is sense (of their energies), and intuition. If you can build it up, you can learn to read a person. We all have intuition, it just takes strengthening if it's weak. Even ask a therapist, they are completely aware of this, and probably have their own rationalization of it all, but the thing is, even mental health professionals know it exists and deem it normal.
I bet if you stared someone else in the back of the head, they would notice it rather fast.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 AM
MetaEdge

I had an experience like this sorta. I was walking out of a movie theater, just finished watching the movie. In the crowd was this man wearing sunglasses. I remember seeing him enter the theater too, with the sunglasses. I don't know about everyone else but this seems a little odd to me xD.

Anyways, as I was walking out I was staring at him, kinda scanning him with energy to see if he would notice me. I don't think he thought I was a threat or anything, but he did kinda do a shoulder check a couple times. Guess I can't be sure if it was him looking at me or just looking at the wall though xD