Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Mothman in Minnesota

Hopefully this is the correct place for me to post this story. I will try to make this story brief but it really struck home for me today and I wasn't sure where to go to get advice or see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

To begin, I am not an overly spiritual person and I'm really not religious so what happened to me was pretty much swept under the rug for years before I ever made any sort of connection to the story I am about to tell. I chalked it up as pure coincidence. Maybe I am connecting dots that aren't there but overall I find this experience very interesting to discuss.

I have been listening to a new podcast that someone had recommended called "Lore." A particular podcast stood out among the others which was about the Mothman sightings in Point Pleasant and the newer sightings in Minnesota. (Episode 47: Missing the Point). I had heard about the Mothman before but I never really found it very interesting and before listening to this podcast I never even knew there were Mothman sightings in Minnesota. I had seen the blockbuster movie about the Mothman when it had come out and that was about the extent of my Mothman knowledge so I was unaware that what also came along with the sightings were dreams. Dreams about presents floating in the river. Dreams about people drowning and dreams about the bridge. The Silver Bridge that collapsed just days after many of the sightings and dreams began.

The podcast goes into detail about the sightings and dreams that happened in West Virginia then discusses the similarities between the Point Pleasant Silver Bridge collapse and the I-35 bridge collapse that happened in Minnesota in 2007. Both bridges were on a highway 35. Both bridges killed people. Coincidentally, the I-35 bridge killed 13 people which, I found out just recently, has a lot of symbolism to the Mothman legends. There was also an episode of Coast to Coast AM where numerous people called in suggesting that they saw the Mothman days and even hours before its collapse. So far, I am unable to find anyone that has claimed to have had any dreams.

This is where it gets weird...

I just so happen to live in Minnesota and at that time lived about 45 minutes south of the I-35 bridge when it collapsed on August 1st 2007. My girlfriend at that time had made plans to visit Minneapolis that weekend to spend time with some friends. Which was on August 1st. A couple of nights before her plans to leave I had a very vivid and lucid dream that I was standing on the side of a river and waiting for my girlfriend and parents to cross a bridge to meet up with me. The dream itself is foggy but certain details stand out crystal clear. It was a suspended bridge so not like the bridge of I-35, but there was a cityscape on both sides of the bridge. I clearly remember seeing them driving their car onto the bridge and being excited to see them when they arrived. Suddenly, the entire bridge gives way and collapses into the river. That was when I woke up startled. I dont normally have nightmares so waking up in fright with my heart racing and sweating was a shock to say the least. I told my girlfriend about it the next morning and she was interested as anyone would be when you try to explain a nightmare to them but it wasnt any cause of concern since we had no idea about was what was going to happen.

The day of the bridge collapse had me in panic because I knew she would be crossing the I-35 bridge and would have done so around the time of collapse. Luckily she had crossed it about 30 minutes before the collapse. Neither of us even recalled the dream until a couple of days later and we both thought it very odd.

The only reason I am telling this story now is because I just found out about the links between the Mothman and the Minnesota bridge collapse and it brought back that memory of that dream which is still etched into my memory. I wish I could remember more. The details of the surrounding city or if there had been anyone else in the dream at the time. Perhaps its one of those strange coincidences where a dream has similarities to something that happens in real life. Or, perhaps, there is a connection. Either way, its very strange...
Old 28-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Master
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Keel

John was a captivating man, hearing him speak on subjects always thought provoking.

America is a new country for westerners over all - I think it would be foolish to believe that everything it holds secret wise has been found already.

Missing 411 from Dave Polides is another ongoing mystery that echoes the mothman.

I don't see that something not of this world can be bound by the rules of man.

Coast to coast is at its best under George Knapp. He's a genuine muck raking reporter who's questions bring insight. Art Bell was amazing & so was John B Wells.

I'll check out "Lore".

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 07-09-2018, 03:04 AM
Ascender
This is a joke right? What Tv show claimed mothman was seen in MN?