Hubby & I love to find recipes from Pinterest and tonight we decided to make this meal, it was so rich of flavour, perfect amount of spice (I don't normally like spicy foods), creamy and filling!!!
This is a Vegetarian or Vegan Soup
Read below for more:
Coconut Curry Over Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 400 mL can coconut milk
- 250g vermicelli whole grain rice noodles (half of one packet)
- 1 red pepper (capsicum) sliced
- 1 green pepper (capsicum) sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into matchstick sized pieces
- 3 tbsp. massaman curry paste
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 10 basil leaves left on stalks (or we used 3 tbsp. dried herbs basil)
- 3 baby bok choy, stalks & leaves diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to garnish
- Heat the 2 tbsp. of coconut oil (or olive oil) in a large saucepan over medium heat.
When melted, add in the curry paste and stir until combined, allowing to cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk, vegetable broth, and basil. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the carrots and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 4 minutes.
- While the carrots are cooking, place your noodles into a bowl (preferably with a lid) and pour boiling water over them.
- Cover, and allow the noodles to cook for a couple of minutes, or until you can separate the noodles with your fingers.
- Drain, rinse a couple of times in cold water, drain again and set aside.
- Pour in the soy sauce, along with peppers (capsicum) & bok choy.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place noodles into serving bowls & pour the soup over the top.
- Now enjoy this rich and flavourful dish!
- Here are some photos of what ours turned out like -