Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Pathfinder
Hi Miss Hepburn, interestingly, yesterday I had a somewhat different experience. While meditating I overheard my flatmates' boyfriend saying some things that sounded unfriendly, and this provided enough adrenaline to keep me alert in the meditation (I sat for about an hour, not having too many distractions, and not feeling sleepy afterwards). So perhaps it's indeed a matter of interest in the meditation/meditation object. In the first 20 minutes, it's interesting, so I stay alert. After that, I guess I loose my interest, and the experience becomes dull.

I'm indeed not revering the breath like you said, but I do appreciate that it provides comfort. I'm dealing with some mental pain, and the breath helps me to be more comfortable. Actually, without meditation I would not really know how to deal with it. Of course, I am also taking some steps in every day life to help improve the situtation, but it's not something I can instantly solve.

In any case, it's encouraging to hear that you also had a period in which meditation did not come that easily. I will keep practicing and maybe report back later :-).
Old 15-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Pathfinder
Hi Compendium, thanks for your reply. I've also developed a way to deal with my pain, which is to try to give it space in my mind. I don't think I can give it to my subconscious, because it feels like my subconscious is bringing it into my conscious. But I'm glad you had this transformation, it sounds great.
Old 15-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Master
In Flux, try ear plugs...the waxy kind are best.
Then, since they are in...listen for Divine Harmony, Music of the Spheres,
Celestial Music...called by many names...each can be googled.
When you hear the unstruck string or Krishna's flute...you'll perk up!
Hang in there, because it's there!
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.

Old 16-06-2018, 05:06 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
In Flux, try ear plugs...the waxy kind are best.
Then, since they are in...listen for Divine Harmony, Music of the Spheres,
Celestial Music...called by many names...each can be googled.
When you hear the unstruck string or Krishna's flute...you'll perk up!
Hang in there, because it's there!

As an alternative to ear plugs you could invest in (or make) a meditation armrest, sometimes known as a beragan. Then rest your elbows on the crossbar and put your thumbs in the ears to block out all external sounds. Focus on the crown chakra and listen for any internal sounds in the right ear.

This may sound strange and uncomfortable but you soon get used to it. There are various internal sounds which can be heard, as Miss Hepburn says. At first they may be faint, but there is a continuous unchanging sound which is felt as a vibration. With practice it fills the head, and as you go deeper it descends to the heart. If you go very deeply into meditation, it descends to the base chakra and the whole body is filled with vibrating sound. This can be experienced as waves of bliss.

This journey is such fun!

Peace.
Old 16-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks iamthat, it's always uplifting to hear these accounts. I have a small tinnitus, so that's usually all I hear :-). And the only time i gradually moved into bliss, it become so frighteningly powerful that I resisted it with all my might (it was really difficult to snap out of it, and of course I regretted it later, but I was panicking a little).
Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM
Pathfinder

I like to lay in the bath with my ears covered by water. It is amazing to meditate like this the water amplifies the sound except the house has to be quiet. Floating in a pool is another favorite of mine no float device just relax and float on the surface. The pool is very surreal feeling and it is easy to lose track of all external awareness and turn inward.