Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-04-2015, 09:12 AM
wanderlusterer

Would you buy a crystal ball from a pawn shop/thrift store?

Hi, not sure whether to put this thread here or in the divination section, but since I doubt I'll be doing much scrying, but I suspect diviners may have more to say about it.. Anyway I guess scryers frequent this section too, so it goes here.

So I was thinking of buying a crystal ball, and as you guys probably know those things dont come very cheap.. So my thought is to look around the thrift stores and pawn shops here. I live in South East Asia, and it's pretty spiritual/superstitious around here. U get "witch doctors", feng shui practitioners, worship of various hindu, buddhist and taoist pantheons... Shouldn't be impossible to find a good one.

On the other hand.. Especially since its a sphere, with all the mysticism attached to it, and especially in these parts of the world, I'm at least a bit wary of it having been bewitched/charmed/cursed/possessed and ultimately ended up for sale there for some unsuspecting customer. For that matter I've never bought anything spiritual from these shops.

What do you guys think? I think my concerns are valid, but is cleansing/rededicating enough? Im not much of a risk taker Thanks!
Old 20-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Guide
Would you buy a carving knife from Wallmart? Or in our case here in the UK - from ASDA?

At the end of the day these are tools. Once you cleanse it and set your intention imprint on it, it is yours to use as you see fit.
Old 22-04-2015, 03:39 AM
Deactivated Account

I would be a bit cautious about buying from somewhere in South East Asia. I've heard stories about people who've brought things home from aboard and they end up having some kind of energy attached to it. I would suggest getting it from someone who does healing work like reiki. Some of the people who practice it also sell crystals among other things

I can tell you from being a importer of crystals. The crystal balls do not come cheap but it all depends on the size you get and the current demand of crystal in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusterer
Hi, not sure whether to put this thread here or in the divination section, but since I doubt I'll be doing much scrying, but I suspect diviners may have more to say about it.. Anyway I guess scryers frequent this section too, so it goes here.

So I was thinking of buying a crystal ball, and as you guys probably know those things dont come very cheap.. So my thought is to look around the thrift stores and pawn shops here. I live in South East Asia, and it's pretty spiritual/superstitious around here. U get "witch doctors", feng shui practitioners, worship of various hindu, buddhist and taoist pantheons... Shouldn't be impossible to find a good one.

On the other hand.. Especially since its a sphere, with all the mysticism attached to it, and especially in these parts of the world, I'm at least a bit wary of it having been bewitched/charmed/cursed/possessed and ultimately ended up for sale there for some unsuspecting customer. For that matter I've never bought anything spiritual from these shops.

What do you guys think? I think my concerns are valid, but is cleansing/rededicating enough? Im not much of a risk taker Thanks!
Old 22-04-2015, 04:41 AM
Master
Hi Wanderluster ,i use a $6 Clear crystal that I actually paid $4.50 for lol from my local market in Aus. It has many different facets and its the best scrying crystal ive ever used ,it is very much in your intention too though i think but it answers many questions for me, Ive had Jesus as a rainbow and God himself come through it,with amazing tendril and synapse activity alive on it, I lay on my back and hold it to natural or artificial light it always delivers, Id say to pray and ask for what you want then before you know it your scrying tool will come .....................
Old 22-04-2015, 11:18 AM
wanderlusterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker1981
I would be a bit cautious about buying from somewhere in South East Asia. I've heard stories about people who've brought things home from aboard and they end up having some kind of energy attached to it. I would suggest getting it from someone who does healing work like reiki. Some of the people who practice it also sell crystals among other things

I can tell you from being a importer of crystals. The crystal balls do not come cheap but it all depends on the size you get and the current demand of crystal in the market.

Yes, thats my concern exactly. Thing is i live here, and neighbouring countries in all directions are south east asia too haha. The local shops are fine they import from brazil, etc, its the thrift stores and pawn shops im wary of.
But theyre cheap

Deepsoul, thanks for the tip haha. I could play with a glass ball while waiting for the right crystal :)
Old 22-04-2015, 11:18 AM
wanderlusterer

Whoops double posted.
Old 22-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Master
I got a fantastic 5 inch across one from China. Perfectly water clear- not one single inclusion in it. I feel the energy out put and frequency's of crystals and can gauge their quality and this extends to buying via the internet fro a photo.
When it arrived in Erin it had lovely energy, but needed a few days by a magnet to set it's polarity to the USA as is often the case for crystals coming in from over seas.
The trick with crystals is to make sure you are getting a true quartz crystal and not some very nice glass balls. If you can set it on a leaf in the sun and start it on fire in about 2 seconds or light a cigarette in about 4 sec then you have actual quartz crystal.
Do not hold the ball in your hand in the sun unless you like the feeling of seared flesh!

When charging it in the sun make sure there is a large area around it, say about 3 feet of completely not burnable or not mealt-able substances like rock or brick or concrete.
Do not sun on decking or window seals as it WILL set them on fife.
Laser beams are just high intensity energy run through crystals.

Crystals just amplify the local resonant fields - they are basically energy batteries - so it you are superstitious that feeling will be greatly amplified, if you are in an open loving place that feeling will be magnified. If you are sick you will become sicker feeling, angry then angrier. They simply amplify what ever signals they receive.

So if you aren't always in a good place psychologically or there's bickering or unhappiness in your household I wouldn't recommend amplifying those energies.

This is the science of quartz crystals - not belief systems and it's why we use them in all our electronics in the modern world.

Hope that helps you determine if one is right for you :)

As far as scrying and other metaphysical uses anything works -its all the same in the end just different tools and methodologies.
I was pretty impressed with reading tea leaves in the bottom of a cup actually. It's super cheap and you get to dink the tea too!
Old 23-04-2015, 11:30 AM
wanderlusterer

Thanks! Very useful :)

Was thinking of aventurine, seems to be an all round (no pun intended ) multi purpose stone. And it doesnt seem too expensive either. I'll continue shopping casually for a bit, if I still dont have one by the end of the year then maybe ill start actively looking for one.

CrystalSong, or any other member, how do stones like angelite and selenite work for astral projection and spirit guide communication, etc? Could aventurine do something similar for me?
Old 23-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Master
Averting wasn't listed in the Crystal Bible as helping with Astral Projection, it does raise your energies in a variety of ways which could be useful for Astral Projection and spirit guide communication both though, as all of this comes down to matching frequency's.
Old 23-04-2015, 01:52 PM
wanderlusterer

Alright! :) Never really felt too drawn to it until just under a week ago. Now i can't stop thinking about it Thanks