Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 11-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
That's a good view :) But I also would like to think that the "demigod" is God and the suffering children are God, just as we all are.
Probably.

If you read further down the thread I linked to, there are a couple of quotes from Paramhansa Yogananda which do this subject more justice than I can.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
What makes you think darkness "contains all the potential forms"?

'Light' is just pure being-ness; energy and awareness. When the light comes in contact with 'darkness' light forms can be created. God naturally becomes individual from a point of oneness. This is creation.
The world is actually in darkness because matter is finished energy. The only light is your own awareness...

Potential has to be zero; nothing; negative. Otherwise nothing particular could happen. Zero being a placeholder contains all other numbers. Light brings such digits into manifestation (awareness).
Old 20-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Master
"Despite this strangeness of light, almost all the scientific knowledge of our universe comes from the interaction of light with matter -- light is at the foundation of all science (Ball, 1994)."

FMBR, Outer and Inner Light

“Beneath all matter we must assume the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.
This mind is the Matrix of all matter.”— Max Planck,
“Father” of quantum theory, 1917

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Master
I agree with psycholice on this subject. The Bible says- "The Lord thy God is ONE". It doesn't say we have one God. Moses and the prophets tried very hard to describe this Oneness Spirit but it was very difficult. If there are any other gods then it is us- we as spirits. Because even though there is the One, there is all of us. But that is another subject.

There couldn't possibly be anything else except The One. That is why in Catholicism, they believe the One had to become "three" so that humans could understand how the One (God) works in relation to humanity.

The Muslims say- "There is no God but GOD". This is one of the best ways to describe it.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
The Bible says- "The Lord thy God is ONE"....

Presuming we're talking about Deuteronomy 6:4, the Hebrew text actually, of course, does not mention "the Lord." Furthermore, the exact meaning of0the verse is not 100% certain - there are several different translations that have legitimacy - owing to the lack of punctuation in biblical Hebrew, the lack of an explicative verb and the several meanings/usages of the word "echad".

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 22-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There isn't even one God, there is just what IS, to say that there is one God, is like saying that there must be, or could be more god's.

When sending Moses to the Egyptians, He refers to Himself as, "I Am".
Inferring ever present, and apart from time, (and space), transcending such.

Ultimately, Unity and, "oness" exists.

Also psycho, Jesus stated to His inquisitors, with stones in their hands, "ye are gods", quoting from God's words, in Psalm 82.
Regarding the Angelic, as well, it becomes evident with study that humanity's origin, apart from the illusory time and space construct and the situation of Evolution therein, is apart from the construct.
http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

Also, "Stars" throughout the ages of the Biblical writings represent both angels, and people alike.
From Genesis onward.

Again, a situation, also, of levels and orders is evident.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree with psycholice on this subject. The Bible says- "The Lord thy God is ONE". It doesn't say we have one God. Moses and the prophets tried very hard to describe this Oneness Spirit but it was very difficult. If there are any other gods then it is us- we as spirits. Because even though there is the One, there is all of us. But that is another subject.
Quote:

There couldn't possibly be anything else except The One.
That is why in Catholicism, they believe the One had to become "three" so that humans could understand how the One (God) works in relation to humanity.

The Muslims say- "There is no God but GOD". This is one of the best ways to describe it.

"In Whom we live, and move, and have our being." As Paul also stated to the Greeks.
However Amillus, concerning manifestation to those who reside in situation of duality, in the world, the Trinty didn't originate with Catholicism.
And, 3 is a divine number.

as is 7, and 12.

Old 22-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Bluegreen

Dolores Cannon hypnotized her clients and took them back to former lives which they recounted using the pronoun "I". She then induced a deeper level which she called "the somnambulist state." In this state the clients used the pronoun "we." It was always the same 'entity' no matter when or where she took clients to the somnambulist state. She asked many questions.

Asked about God, the answer was that God is not an entity and to personify God is limiting the concept. God is the collective positive force of All That Is, God is the glue of the universe.

Asked about prayer, the answer was that prayer is consciously directed energy, it is not asking. It is thinking your thoughts toward a specific goal.

Asked about meditation, the answer was that meditation is being open to what comes in. The difference between random thoughts and thoughts from the larger self is that the latter have an emotional impact. Feeling is the key here.

It occurs to me that if everything evolves then there must be souls that have evolved to a degree which makes us humans regard them as gods.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Khaldun

There's only one God!
And only one Goddess!

Both are the two aspects of Deity.
And Deity is Absolute Personality to me.

Of course, my theology is very different from others that only stress one or the other or neither, and/or do not consider Deity as Absolute Personality.

I am very careful not to consider or proclaim that we're all necessarily talking about the same thing - regardless of language and respective theology - because, simply put: we're not.

Both strong similarities and strong differences can, and do, exist.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Master
We are already are luminous beings apart from the Construct. Apart from Time.
Evolution pertains to the Construct.

Welcome to The Matrix.