Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-07-2015, 05:25 AM
4everLove

grain-free

Hey all,

So I have intolerances to corn, sugar, and I am sure many other things. I still eat them however. But I was wondering if anyone has QUICK meal/food options if you are grain-free? I can start something, but then I get tired of always preparing meals since I have a very busy schedule. Any suggestions on what to eat that is easy? Even any microwave or already prepared things that could help? I am trying to be healthy, but yet convenient since my lifestyle is pretty fast paced. Thank you!!
Old 04-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Knower

Grains have to be sprouted or lacto-fermented before eating them.

In unsprouted or unfermented grains there are antinutrients in them that take minerals from your body, and block mineral absoprtion into your body. And antinutrients that keep many vitamins-minerals-nutrients in the grains locked up, in the sense that your body cannot use them.
When sprouting, the grain releases enzymes that begin breaking apart those antinutrients. Removing the mineral sucking effect, removing mineral absorption blocking effect, and making available for absorption many more minerals-vitamins-nutrients.

When sprouting, or lacto-fermenting grains, the health and nutrient value at least doubles.

Sprouting takes about 3 days. (In a jar) soak the seeds in water for at least 12 hours, then water out, shake the seeds so air could get to them. Then after every 12-24 hours rinse them with water, pour water out again, and shake again. Takes about 3 days and you'll see small white things growing out of them. That's a sign they're ready enough.
Though the grains have to be raw, unheated, without mechanically or otherwise induced damage. Because dead grains don't sprout.
But dead grains do lacto-ferment, which takes 2-4 days.

Might seem like a lot of fussing, but not really. Every time you need to tend to the grains, it takes 2-5 minutes. While "cooking" takes at least 30 minutes each time?

So with sprouted things you make a larger patch that once ready for consumption will last for a few days?
Lacto-fermented grains, after they are "ready" (2-4 days), will also last for days.
Essentially, when sprouting or lacto-fermenting, you spend maybe 30 minutes to "prepare" them, but you eat them for days.

Pure sugar is poison. The body needs minerals-vitamins to metabolize the sugar you eat. If those minerals-nutrients don't come with the sugar, then the body is forced to use it's own reserves, essentially eating itself to enable to metabolization of sugar. Pure sugar is literal poison.
With unsprouted or unfermented grains there's similar effect. Because the grain starches the body breaks quickly into sugars don't have the minerals-vitamins there to help, because the antinutrients are blocking them.

Personally. I eat all raw, about 70% raw animal products (eggs; fish; beef meat-fat-liver-heart-kidneys), the rest plant stuff (lacto-femented or sprouted buckwheat and grains; greens; vegetables; berries; fruits).
All clean, without toxins added to them. Eggs from my own chickens.
And it is not expensive as so many claim. It is much cheaper than eating poisoned foods. But it takes some time to find sources.

Despite its name, buckwheat has nothing to do with wheat. It's a different kind of "grain". Wheat and corn, etc., are from grass family, buckwheat is from the same family rhubarb is.
Plus buckwheat has carbohydrates the body metabolizes slowly and calmly, while the grass family grain carbohydrates go faster.

When eating everything raw, aside having a very strong health, there's no need to really prepare anything, because everything is already ready for consumption.

If not raw then potatoes. Seriously... potatoes.

Microwave is very bad for health. Anything that goes through a microwave should not be considered food. The reason are the frequencies used. Those frequencies are extremely harmful, they effect the food making food bad, and then you eat that unhealthful stuff. Microwaving is very bad.

And then there's a lot more to all this health-diet... Like really a lot... but all's simple and easy.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Master
Grain is one thing I don't eat, in the same way I don't eat sugar, corn is on my don't eat list. But for me it is very simple, I simply scan foods through my divine self if they are OK for me to eat, and I simply don't eat them.
I grow foods myself as well as buying, and there are almost no processed foods on my list. And I would not trust anyone to prepare my food. This is not correct, if I would go into a restaurant I scan the menu what I could eat. But I don't like to go out. Food is just food as long it does what it needs to do.
I used to eat sprouted breads , but over time I felt they were to heavy for me. I prefer rice cakes now.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Master
When I was involved with the Krsna Conciousness movement they had fast days (think it was about three days a month) where grains and milk were avoided, so instead of grain breads, biscuits etc. Alternatives like Chickpea , tapioca and potato flour were used. If anyone interested do a search for 'Ekadasi recipes'