Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Experiencer

Do spirits control most of our thoughts?

Been watching a program on Youtube that explains that most of our thoughts are from the spirit world. How much of our thinking is our own thoughts then?

Quite often people's thoughts are a voice in the back of their mind, like something telling you what to say.

Spirits control your mind and emotions, I feel that this is possibly true as I can explain from a personal experience. I used to hear a voice in my mind that said "Ohh Col you really loved her and wouldn't hurt her if you tried", then I would just go into deep depression and almost crying, it was a trigger.

I find when I meditate and get to a quiet state I do start to hear talking, I will start seeing pictures often of something that happened in the past. I believe that is spirit influence.
Old 30-10-2011, 12:37 PM
mattie

Completely Disagree

I completely disagree w/ this. Spirits control NONE of our thoughts unless we voluntarily relinquish our sovereignty & invite them to do so.

We can easily vet all spirits that contact us.
Old 30-10-2011, 12:48 PM
midnightstar

I don't know whether any of my thoughts are from the spirit world or not.
Old 30-10-2011, 01:08 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
Been watching a program on Youtube that explains that most of our thoughts are from the spirit world. How much of our thinking is our own thoughts then?

Quite often people's thoughts are a voice in the back of their mind, like something telling you what to say.

Spirits control your mind and emotions, I feel that this is possibly true as I can explain from a personal experience. I used to hear a voice in my mind that said "Ohh Col you really loved her and wouldn't hurt her if you tried", then I would just go into deep depression and almost crying, it was a trigger.

I find when I meditate and get to a quiet state I do start to hear talking, I will start seeing pictures often of something that happened in the past. I believe that is spirit influence.
We are spirit. So yes we control our own thoughts. Not spirit controlling yours.
Old 30-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Ascender

Everything already exists; therefore thoughts are just extractions from the consciousness energy of life.
Old 30-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Guide
This is completely untrue.
Your thoughts are yours alone.
Light and grace.
Krishna.
Old 30-10-2011, 03:44 PM
GGpeace

Yeah that spirit voice in the back of your mind is you. YOU are the controller of your thoughts. Its called the subconscuous mind. And you should listen to that voice in your head, unless its telling you to do evil. Then you must resist.
Old 31-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Master
If spirit light beings were controlling our thoughts things would be going a whole lot better for us, wouldn't they?

But no, we are autonomous beings with free will.

The life challenge is for us to learn to control our own thoughts and where our attention goes because that's what we experience as our reality.

Xan

Old 31-10-2011, 07:31 AM
MMM

can i control you just because i'm chatting with you?
if i point to a church, am i controlling you?
if i show you my tattoo, am I controlling you?

maybe you wanted to choose another word besides 'control'
Old 31-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Master
I don't agree with that. I would be far better off if they did, well, my spirit/soul whatever you want to call it. Me, in flesh, good god, I'm my own worst enemy.