Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 19-11-2011, 02:15 PM
slave of Allaah

Pagans of Yemen at the time of Prophet Solomon

But he (the hoopoe) was not long in coming, and he said: I have found out (a thing) that you (O Solomon) apprehendest not, and I come unto you from Sheba (a city in Yemen) with sure tidings. (22)

Lo! I found a woman ruling over them, and she hath been given (abundance) of all things, and hers is a mighty throne. (23)

I found her and her people worshipping the sun instead of Allah; and Satan maketh their works fairseeming unto them, and debarreth them from the way (of Truth), so that they go not aright; (24)

So that they worship not Allah, Who bringeth forth the hidden in the heavens and the earth, and knoweth what ye hide and what ye proclaim, (25)

Allah; there is no God but He, the Lord of the tremendous Throne. (26)

(Solomon) said: We shall see whether you speakest truth or whether you are of the liars. (27)

Go with this my letter and throw it down unto them; then turn away and see what (answer) they return, (28)

(The Queen of Sheba) said (when she received the letter): O chieftains! Lo! there hath been thrown unto me a noble letter. (29)

Lo! it is from Solomon, and lo! it is: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful; (30)

Exalt not yourselves against me. Come unto me as those who surrender. (31)

She said: O chieftains! Pronounce for me in my case. I decide no case till ye are present with me. (32)

They said: We are lords of might and lords of great prowess, but it is for you to command; so consider what you wilt command. (33)

She said: Lo! kings, when they enter a township, ruin it and make the honour of its people shame. Thus will they do. (34)

But lo! I am going to send a present unto them, and to see with what (answer) the messengers return. (35)

Old 19-11-2011, 02:17 PM
slave of Allaah

So when (the envoy) came unto Solomon, (the King) said: What! Would ye help me with wealth? But that which Allah hath given me is better than that which He hath given you. Nay it is ye (and not I) who exult in your gift. (36)

Return unto them. We verily shall come unto them with hosts that they cannot resist, and we shall drive them out from thence with shame, and they will be abased. (37)

He said: O chiefs! Which of you will bring me her throne before they come unto me, surrendering? (38)

A stalwart of the jinn said: I will bring it thee before thou canst rise from thy place. Lo! I verily am strong and trusty for such work. (39)

One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: I will bring it you before your gaze returneth unto you. And when he saw it set in his presence, (Solomon) said: This is of the bounty of my Lord, that He may try me whether I give thanks or am ungrateful. Whosoever giveth thanks he only giveth thanks for (the good of) his own soul; and whosoever is ungrateful then surely! my Lord is Absolute in independence, Bountiful. (40)

He said: Disguise her throne for her that we may see whether she will go aright or be of those not rightly guided. (41)

So, when she came, it was said (unto her): Is your throne like this? She said: (It is) as though it were the very one. And (Solomon said): We were given the knowledge before her and we had surrendered (to Allah). (42)

And (all) that she was wont to worship instead of Allah hindered her, for she came of disbelieving folk. (43)

It was said unto her: Enter the hall. And when she saw it she deemed it a pool and bared her legs. (Solomon) said: Lo! it is a hall, made smooth, of glass. She said: My Lord! Lo! I have wronged myself, and I surrender with Solomon unto Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. (44) [Quran:Ch.27]

Old 19-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Time

Sheba, is thought to be in africa, not yemen.......
Old 19-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Master
Maybe the map was much different before with Yemen on both sides of the Red Sea.
Old 20-11-2011, 11:40 AM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Sheba, is thought to be in africa, not yemen.......

Saba'/Sheba is in todays Yemen surely.

Some Arab triebs are originally from there according to history.