Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 17-06-2017, 11:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Dowsing - what am I missing?

When I was 7 I was visiting my grandparents with my mum. Having lots of energy and getting bored of the never ending adult conversations I went to play in the garden.

My mum gave me two metal rods and showed me how to dowse. I went out and using a grid pattern slowly mapped a long line until it finally ended in a drain pipe.

The other day I thought I'd do some dowsing for fun so got some coat hangers and went out to find some water. But it didn't work. I distinctly felt like I was using the wrong metal.

So, which metal or metals should I be using to dowse for water?

Note:
I'm not spiritual dowsing, just regular dowsing. My mum even had an issued set of Moray Council Dowsing Rods at one point and that council isn't one iota spiritual. They still worked and she used them to test for underground cables before authorising construction work.
Old 18-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Guide
I had a similar experience when my mother first introduced me to dowsing; she gave me what turned out to be a window decoration but it was perfectly OK for dowsing and did the job, even though it was slightly impractical for dowsing as it had a massively long chain which I wrapped around my hand. One day, it stopped working, could not dowse at all, anyhow, anyway. I thought I'd done something wrong, so I phoned my mum, who also dowsed and she rang me back and said that I needed get myself a proper pendulum which I did straight away and it was business as usual.

I feel the same thing may apply to you; yes you can dowse with metal coathangers very successfully but perhaps this is something you will be very interested in and be very good at, so you need to equip yourself with a decent pair of rods.

Not sure where you are based but have a look at the British Society of Dowsers, they well all manner of dowsing equipment.

Patrycia
Old 18-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
Not sure where you are based but have a look at the British Society of Dowsers, they well all manner of dowsing equipment.

Patrycia

Ah, I didn't even know they existed.Thanks
Old 18-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Ah, I didn't even know they existed.Thanks

You're welcome. Of course, I meant to say they Sell all manner of dowsing equipment. It is also probably the best dowsing forum, brilliant place to get some sound advice.