Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 AM
Knower

Hmm I like lots of flavor. I mostly like fish and steak but I can't have steak because of the braces. But I must be doing something right I got on the scale and it read 91.2 this afternoon. My goal is an extra 14 pounds within the next three months. But that might make me look a little chubby lol oh well, I think it will be easier to tone down. Maybe I should try and build muscle but I feel weird being so skinny and working out with people that are trying to lose weight.

I should try a dietitian. I'll see how I do in the next three months on my own.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 06-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostchild88
But that might make me look a little chubby lol oh well, I think it will be easier to tone down. Maybe I should try and build muscle but I feel weird being so skinny and working out with people that are trying to lose weight.

You could try Yoga. Where I go it is a good blend of many different sizes and flexibilities.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Maybe I should try and build muscle but I feel weird being so skinny and working out with people that are trying to lose weight.

Don't feel weird, I bet the heavier people are feeling the same way, weird to be at the gym. Just go and do it for yourself.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:42 PM
philp5787

You should consult with any dietitian or if you are looking for home remedies for gaining weight so the dry-fruits are the best they have really good nutrition. You can also try boiled potato every day two times.
Old 15-10-2014, 04:19 PM
stardustpilgrim

protein bars

Quote:
During my teens I was a normal weight. I'm 4'11 1/2 my weight was always 102 but as I get older I can't seem to keep on weight. I've went to get a check up and all. The only thing that came up was low vitamin D. Other than that everything came up normal. I'm 26, still 4'11 1/2. I'm down to 88 pounds. I want to go back to 102 because that was a healthy looking weight. I feel like 88 is too low. Now, when I went to the doctor I was around 93 so apparently for my height it isn't anything to worry about. Also, my mother was very thin but never as thin as I am at my age. She's normal weight now. My mother keeps insisting I wait till I have kids because my body will change. But I want to put the weight on now. They say heavy people have a problem losing weight. Well I have skinny girl problems. I have tried ensure but it's too much sugar and it hurts my stomach and makes me feel nauseous so that's out of the picture. Another thing is I can't eat big meals. I'm a picky eater plus I get full quickly. I just want to know what types of food I could eat with the most healthy calories?

Hello lostchild88 ........I wish I had your problem :-) ......I love to eat. Try eating one protein bar every day, over and above your normal diet. I just checked into a Fiber One Bar (recognizable name, you can probably find it anywhere). You can find energy bars or protein bars without nuts, and non-sticky bars. One Fiber One bar has 130 calories. It takes 3500 calories to make one pound of fat. Eating one bar a day would be approximately one extra pound a month. That would be 12 extra pounds in a year.

Divide the one bar into four (or more) pieces. (Put them in a plastic bag to maintain freshness). That would make one or two extra bites per fraction of bar. (I'd guess you can do that). Eat it between meals so you can maintain your normal meals. So let's say eat one (piece) at 10:00AM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM, 8:00PM and one before you go to bed (depending upon how you divide it).

Pretend it's a medical prescription that you have to take at these times. Good luck.

sdp

(Anybody with the opposite problem, cut out merely 130 calories per day [that's like one 12-ounce soda a day], you lose 12 pounds in one year :-).
Old 15-10-2014, 04:48 PM
happy_rack

Quote:
Hmm I like lots of flavor. I mostly like fish and steak but I can't have steak because of the braces. But I must be doing something right I got on the scale and it read 91.2 this afternoon. My goal is an extra 14 pounds within the next three months. But that might make me look a little chubby lol oh well, I think it will be easier to tone down. Maybe I should try and build muscle but I feel weird being so skinny and working out with people that are trying to lose weight.

I should try a dietitian. I'll see how I do in the next three months on my own.

My friend said when she was trying to gain that this chocolate whey stuff helped alot.
Old 23-06-2015, 06:51 AM
Romeo

Greek yogurt, organic sprouted bread, chicken, beef, beans, pasta, brown rice, veggies, greens included and fruit. Eat 6 meals a day and be active. Protein shakes help too.
Old 23-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Master
Vit D is very important you could do some research into it,this may help and if your low then your bodies saying something........