Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
abikisses

Psychosis/Living in a Fantasy and/or Spirit Connection

I have a new client who was referred to me by another counsellor as she felt inadequate to deal with the issues the client presented. Supervisor/Manager and first counsellor are unsure whether or not is psychosis.

My feeling is that there are family/old friends hanging around, strong attachments there. not appropriate or applicable to my client. Hmmm.

Spirituality and mental health do not go hand in hand!

Thanks for reading

Blessings
Abikisses

Last edited by abikisses : 19-10-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:49 PM
abikisses

I would like to give this a bump for the weekenders...

*bump*
Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Summerkat

I can't give you a medical diagnosis on your client..doubt anyone here can. Is that what you are looking for? Only a trained therapist/medical personnel can give you that. And I don't think its really our business to judge this person.

You are a trained therapist?

You already said she is aware of reality so what is the problem? I don't quite get it.

As far as spiritual matters go, "fantasy" in general is what others don't believe or can't relate to. It may or may not be fantasy. Whats most important is what your client feels about it.

Spiritually speaking, there are spirit guides and spirit family and she could be in touch with them and could be experiencing things that are quite real. But I don't know that therapy would be the place to learn about it, develop or explore it.

My gut is telling me you're leaving something out or haven't presented yourself correctly.

Last edited by Summerkat : 12-10-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:48 PM
abikisses

I was looking for someone with some personal insight to Psychosis.

Yes, you are right, I have left an awful lot out due to confidentiality.

Thank you for replying.

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 15-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Master
If you don't disclose the persons name or where they live, then you aren't disclosing a confidentiality..... based on what you are telling, this person just has a vivid imagination, she is fully aware that all is in her mind....perhaps she's just lonely and has withdrawn into an alternate reality that makes her happy.......without knowing more it is hard to say....and I don't think anyone with psychosis could describe it to you because they wouldn't know they were psychotic.. and you should already know what sychosis is being a trained therapist I would imagine??....in my humble opinion....... Blessings to you xxx
Old 15-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Master
I have been psychotic myself and what you are describing sounds more like delusional thinking or someone living in a fantasy world just like children do, maybe your client is very immature, but like Dragonfly1 said, if you are a trained therapist, wouldn't you know better ?.
Old 15-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Master
um its hard to say without knowing more but respect the fact u have to remain discreet about certain things , a while back i met my tiwn flame and was plunged into a spiritual awakening becaus ei had a dark night of the soul this led me to a breakdown , i tried to express what i felt etc but i was diagnosed with .. post traumatic stress ,i was kliving in a fantasy worl even my friends and family thought the same , but i was just having a spiritual awakening and going thro all the classic symptoms of tiwn flame withdrawal etc , when i told them about my experiences they said i was delusional :( i actually believed what they was syaing and it made me worse then i think i had lost the plot and almost got myself sectioned , i wa splaced on anti depressants and the longer i stayed with the mental helath team the more i was losing myself i wa strapped in betweeen two worlds there world and my world , i have always been spiritual and have had so many different experiences all this progressed after i lost my brother but they wouldnt hear of it i almost lost my mind and hoped thta they would help reduce the pain but instead they made the pain worse and they never helped me , then one day i decided ive had enough when i was in my own world that it was easier than living in theirs , i have come along way since then and since i walked away i have never ooked back , so many people in this world are blinded to the other world , the spirit world and all that it has to offer , im not mad im not delusional and i certainly do not have post traumatic stress , my tiwn flame was also being tested for bi polar after assessing all his sym,ptoms
which were the same as mine they put it down pst , my best mate is very spiritual she got diagnosed with perosnalityt disorder yet she speaks so much sense , ,,, imo , nearly everyone i have cma einto contact with who has had some form of mental illmness are all spiritual all believe in sumthing of a high power i think its sad to label these people and give them a medical name , but thats just my opinion , she may indeed have psychosis but all i can suggets to u is keep an open mind try and se the bigger picture everything always has a deeper menaing that what the eye can see , just listen to her and go with ur intuition , i will send out love and light and healing to this client and pray that she finds herself and egts the right help she needs xxx
Old 15-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Master
abikisses u seem very spiritually open minded urself , here is a link that may help u http://www.spiritualemergence.org.au...psychosis.html , it amy or it may not i think before u make her feel anymore rejected and add to another person who just labels her its good to get an idea spiritulaly because at leats then if she is not really suffering psychosis then she will prob warm to u more for maybe having the same understanding as her , as a medium myself , i think that this patient may just actually inspire u :)
Old 19-10-2010, 09:24 PM
abikisses

Thank you for all your replies... I see I have not explained myself properly!

Let me take a different approach...

I see people who have been diagnosed with autisim or add or adhd and I know that these are all but medical labels... I see the bright spirit, the wise soul the oneness with Source, however this is not something I am allowed to say as spirituality and mental health do not go hand in hand.

Blessings
Abikisses