Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Personality reflects the person, it is not purposeful it is the nature of the person.
Spirituality reflects the Spirit, it is not purposeful it is the nature of the Spirit.
Since the person is an expression of the Spirit, both may be reflected naturally, or not.

yes. this is also a very fitting reply to other thread what is the apex of spiritual development, imo
Old 29-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Greyeyes

I like to start out by making a distinction between religion and spirituality. And these are just how I see things. Religion is a concept that someone has about God, it is given to us to believe. Religion also has someone else making the interpretations and telling you what the Creator, God, or Higher Power wants for you and/or from you.
Spirituality is doing your personal clearing work to develop conscious contact with God, Spirit, Higher Power or what ever you want to call it, which leads to a personal relationship and allows it to reveal itself to us on a personal level. Being spiritual does not mean being stupid or throughing away one's common sense.
Old 30-10-2011, 02:53 PM
mattie

Body & Mind NOT Autonomous From Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
If you pay close attention you will notice that the body is what gives emotions. Your emotions are your bodies response to what the mind is thinking and vis versa.

This seems to have the mind & body as autonomous w/ the body generating emotions. Our mind only processes the thoughts & emotions we (nonphysical spirit) give it.
Old 30-10-2011, 03:15 PM
mattie

We Are The Part Of Our Spirit That Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
The spirit component is integrated into us then ?

Absolutely. We are a spirit having an excursion in physicality. Our mind is the computer that processes our thoughts & emotions. Our body is our tool to emphasize our unique individuality for us to experience physicality & to house the part of our spirit that is here.

Quote:
I am picking up the general consensus that what we were before physical life, and presumably that which we will be after death is in us to some degree as we live and breath. (spirit, I mean presumably something to do with spirit uality).

Yes. This isn’t to some degree though. There are differences that we experience as existing as pure energy & as a human based individual, but we are our spirit while here. We are part of an extended energy field that is reunited in 7D (1-12D) as the various aspects, one of which is us, reunite.

Quote:
So to some extent the untangible becomes a source of solace , especially for those for whom physical existence has in some way failed to meet expectations.

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by this. Could you define this more?

Quote:
I think I am missing the point a little or possibly have a mental blockage(one of many )

I could be quiet wrong to segregate mind, body and spirit but on the face of it , even if incorporated into us seem clearly divisable.

That mind, body, & spirit have different functions is no different than the fingers, wrist, & shoulder having different functions. We understand they all have varying purposes for a reason, yet understand they are all our arm, a unified thing. In the same way, mind, body, & spirit are unified for us to be able to function as an individual physical being for our excursion in physicality. The guiding force is the spirit though. That M, B, & S have different functions that are identifiable isn’t problematic.

Quote:
Is this just a human thing? Might my Cat be spiritual, it seems not, It uses the hunt to gain its bliss, perhaps our hunt for answers is comparable and eureka, the kill. Is when we catch/Find God.

Don't mind me, just vocalizing convoluted thoughts again.

LOL. These aren’t convoluted thoughts. They are very useful explorations of what these energies are & how they operate.

Your cat is spiritual. It is an energy occupying a physical body. It is the energy that is appropriate to its level. The cat may not ponder metaphysical nuances, but its got living in the NOW down to a fine art form!

We all occupy the BEing that is consistent w/ our dimensional level. We see this change in our selves in a single lifetime as we move from the fear based 3D to upper 4D where we’ve moved past fear. We are very different when we have made this dimensional shift. Each D has it’s BEing that is unique to it w/ many incremental steps in between. Multidimensions.com has much more information about this.

We don’t need to catch & find God as much as realize that the energies we call God are interwoven throughout the entire Universe, manifesting in everything. We catch & find this when we realize that we are innately part of these wonderful energies in every minute of our life.
Old 30-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Guide
Ultimately you are not human but but a spirit taking a tour of planet earth."there IS NO I"
You are 100% SPIRITUAL.
light AND PEACE.
Krishna.
Old 30-10-2011, 03:58 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna
Ultimately you are not human but but a spirit taking a tour of planet earth."there IS NO I"
You are 100% SPIRITUAL.
light AND PEACE.
Krishna.
If you believed there was no "I", you wouldn't be trying to convince yourself or others that there isn't.. an argument against the "I" is evidence of the "I"..

Be well..
Old 30-10-2011, 06:59 PM
moke64916

I is a mental construct of who you are. But there comes a time where you disidentify with who you are as of what you say internally, and think. You just accept what is at all times, yet then you feel great, then you may think and talk internally, but this is the thing. When this comes, never does one need to think they must do more. Because you do think when you get there, you feel. You just don't see yourself caught up in who you are with thoughts of past and future. Then you start Remembering.
Old 30-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Vaughn

Depends what your definition is of Spirituality.

Some of the most devote religious people I've met seem the least spiritual, weighted down with archetypes, rules, judgement, right, wrong, good and bad, heaven and hell.

For me spirit surrounds us every moment, with every sacred breath, the smile of a child, a ray of sunshine, a lone flower blooming in the desert. It's only if we care to recognize the source, the spirit in the air, water, earth, fire, ether since often we get so caught up in distractions that our awareness, our mindfulness gets lost.

We can be in spirit doing the dishes, being ever mindful of that moment and nothing else.

Finding your own truth, finding what is sacred for each of us is part of the discovery...we are spirit and we are physical that is our divine inheritance.
http://transcendenceandascension.blogspot.com/