Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 10-06-2019, 03:17 AM
Newbie ;)

I keep thinking about this woman I used to know. What does this mean (read details)?

Good evening! I hope you're all well.

I was wondering if you all might be able to give me some advice about a situation I'm in (it's kind of related to the subject of the law of attraction and relationships).

Lately I've caught myself thinking about someone (a crush) from my past, and I'll tell you the possible reason.

I went to New Orleans about two weeks ago with family, and when we were leaving in the car on the highway / freeway, I happened to look to my right and see someone in the other car who happened to look like the girl I used to know. I couldn't really see her face 100% because the car had tinted windows, but I think it might've been her. Anyway, I didn't really do anything. What can you do when you're in a moving car?

Since then I've been kind've sad and numb frequently, and I've been thinking about her (we'll call her Amy) a bit lately. I've tried not to, but I can't seem to shake it. I'm kind of confused and troubled about this because I haven't seen her since 2012 and I still feel this way.

The story is that I met her when I was 16 in a group of friends. We used to get together often. I only knew a little bit about her but we had some things in common. I didn't talk to her much because I was so shy. I had a crush on her and I'm thinking she might have felt the same way. Even though I didn't know her well, I had a sort of calm happy feeling around her (I was usually just nervous around girls). I decided to get the courage to ask her out one day, but she never showed up, and I never saw her again. I think she was moving to some place in Louisiana soon (I'm in Mississippi), so I assumed that she left the state. The thing that gets me is that I only knew her for a few months, but after that, I missed her a lot. I only knew her first name, so I couldn't find her on Facebook.

At some point I got over it and I moved on in life. She crossed my mind a few times over the years (not as bad as now, though) but then I shook it off after a short time. Last year I was on Tinder (the dating app) dabbling on the app and swiping, and I happened to see a picture on someone's Tinder profile. It was of a woman (the person who owned the Tinder profile), and next to her was Amy. I'm pretty sure it was her. So, I swiped right and I think I messaged her explaining that I used to know her friend Amy, asking if I could get in contact with her. I never heard back from her, so I let it go. It sucked though.

Fast-forward to the present (after visiting New Orleans) and I'm thinking about her again. I still do regular daily things but she pops up in my head frequently, I try to let the thoughts of her pass. I'll be listening to music and songs have been randomly coming up where the singer kind've sounds like Amy (I know it's weird), or I'll hear songs that remind me of her, or even videos, and I've seen her name frequently in random places. I even found some old things from 2012 when I was doing some cleaning last week. And yesterday I was looking online for colleges in different states and I checked out a website for one in Tennessee. Scrolling down on the website, I saw a random of a woman in a picture and she looked a lot like Amy. I actually wonder if it was her. I was so taken aback (I tend to think some people have similar facial features at times. I'm an artist, so I see a lot of detail if that makes sense). It's really rare though that I see someone who reminds me of her.

After that, I think I went on YouTube to look at soulmate story videos (I like to listen to stories of how people found their soulmates every now and then. Nothing to do with Amy, I just wanted to watch them) while simultaneously looking at colleges. While scrolling down on the search, I kept seeing a handful of videos with the title" Have you met your soulmate?" I ignored them and I picked a story to listen to, but I did watch a video titled "signs that you've met your soulmate". Besides that, I've even stumbled upon stories of couples who reunited after years of being apart at other times.

I don't know what to think. Have these things been happening because I'm thinking about her? Am I attracting these things that remind me of her, or is it a sign or a nudge from God? Why do I still feel like this toward Amy? And why can't I get over it? Am I obsessed or something? It's really been troubling me, I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? And what happened? Any advice and insight for me?
Old 12-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Lorelyen

It's a nice thought but unwise to set too much store in it. Your initial contact with her didn't engage enough to know she's a soul mate. It's pretty easy to convert a romantic feeling into someone being a soul mate but soul mates are far more than that. You need an affinity with each other.

Now, after 7 years you're probably both different people. Agreed the making of soul mates goes pretty deep so you could be right if you were certain of that affinity - but given you didn't even get together to see how you meshed it's something you'd still need to find out.

Bygone romances still give me twinges at times but (for me) the moments could never be recaptured. I have a soul mate but there's nothing physical about it. It's just as if we came out of the same mould. None of those past romances felt like that.

It might be best just to let go. If one day you meet her again then be bold and ask her for just a casual date - just to catch up or something!

Bests....
Old 12-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Guide

Clearly you've been experiencing lots of synchronicities around "Amy" and with all the hype about soul mates it would be easy to think all signs are pointing to Amy being yours, however....put the romantic idea of it all aside for a moment and look at these signs from another perspective. Is there a lesson brought to you by Amy that you're being reminded of now for any reason? Could it have something to do with overcoming shyness you had back then? How you handle rejection? Self confidence? Insecurities about approaching women? Just some ideas, this is for you to ponder and reflect on why now after all these years you're being reminded of Amy so much. This whole thing could possibly not be about Amy at all.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Experiencer

Hello!

Sometimes when we are looking for love, we get caught up on one person that we think Will make us happy. Its easy To keep up this illusion if you have only your imagination to back it up. If you really did happen to meet and talk with this person, usually you would notice that what you were hoping for isnt really there.
The thing with signs is that we see them when we are caught up on something. Like liking a girl you havent met for a long time. Then everything reminds you of Her. A strangers Face, a song, even a cloud might bring up the memory of Her.
To Tell you the truth, you dont know Her Well enough To know if you really would like Her In a romantic way. At least after all these years.
I suggest you just let the signs be, dont obsess about thinking about Her too Much. I'm not saying stop thinking about Her, because it might be that you have no choice, but try not To put any More hope into it that it deserves.

Love
Old 29-06-2019, 09:25 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm just typing this in because I don't know how to delete it. I don't get on here much. Please disregard this comment and look at the next one I posted.
Old 29-06-2019, 09:28 PM
Newbie ;)

RE:

Thank you all for your insight on the situation. Some of the things you all mentioned had crossed my mind. I'm taking everything into consideration. For the most part, I'm really trying to make sense of why I feel like this or why I (supposedly, unless it was someone else) end up seeing her every now and then.

I know that me and "Amy" didn't have much interaction to get an idea of whether or not it would be anything more than acquaintances or friends, but I just have this "What if" thought. And she could be a different person now, that is true. I don't know why I think about her every now and then after all of this time. I know for sure that I had a lot of struggles around that time in my life. When I was around her and my old peers, I felt safe. Maybe that's a reason.

It's kind of ironic, before I got any responses from you all on my post, I looked her up on social media one more time out of curiosity. I saw a story about this couple who found each other on LinkedIn.com on YouTube. Not too late after in the morning, I'd gotten a notification on my LinkedIn account on my phone. Since I was on, I figured I'd search her first name out of curiosity, and she was probably the first or second person in the search results. So now I'm not sure what to do. Should I try and reach out to her, or just let it go...?
Old 29-06-2019, 09:41 PM
Seeker
Sometimes

Sometimes a coincidence is just a coincidence and nothing more.
Old 30-06-2019, 12:10 PM
Guide

You mentioned some things I found interesting...

You mentioned several times, that you came across other women who looked like "Amy" and yet, you said...at the latter end of your post...that you hardly see anyone who looks like "Amy"

I'm not a big person on soulmates, especially Twinflames..unless they are past life partners...and there's many....however, I do and have experienced synchronocities....and have experienced what I'm about to tell you, firsthand....because we all are connected.

You had a crush on Amy back in school...that kind of set the spark. However, nothing ever became of it...and yet it meant something to you. Maybe it's not Amy you are looking for....maybe she was a guiding post for someone you are going to meet in the future.

Now, this...I've seen and understand. Perhaps Amy has physical
features and /or qualities that your future significant other is going to have....

Maybe that's why Amy seems forever elusive....because she's a spark or symbol, of someone similiar that is to come...

I have seen this many times* Oh yes* I'm going to guess that Amy will be a spark point....until you meet the future woman or there might even be several women you get involved with later, who are like her...* You will know what I'm talking about when it happens.

From what you said so far, this is more likely what is going on...it happens alot, actually. Unless Amy falls out of the sky and into your lap, of course.

My advice, if you come across a woman, or women...who remind you of Amy...physically, energetically, characteristically, ECT....that's probably your que to make a move to start a conversation...move forward, connect the dots, follow the map..it will lead you to your destiny or destination. The universe is not stagnant..it is progressive. It could take a lot longer to meet the ones or one you are destined to meet.
.. had you never met Amy. I'm going to link this to what "Lucky" has said...as I believe that is the "why" to this happening...it could even be leading you to a past life partner, which is what happened to me.

I wish more people understood that in this particular section.

Last edited by Colorado : 30-06-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
You mentioned some things I found interesting...

You mentioned several times, that you came across other women who looked like "Amy" and yet, you said...at the latter end of your post...that you hardly see anyone who looks like "Amy"

I'm not a big person on soulmates, especially Twinflames..unless they are past life partners...and there's many....however, I do and have experienced synchronocities....and have experienced what I'm about to tell you, firsthand....because we all are connected.

You had a crush on Amy back in school...that kind of set the spark. However, nothing ever became of it...and yet it meant something to you. Maybe it's not Amy you are looking for....maybe she was a guiding post for someone you are going to meet in the future.

Now, this...I've seen and understand. Perhaps Amy has physical
features and /or qualities that your future significant other is going to have....

Maybe that's why Amy seems forever elusive....because she's a spark or symbol, of someone similiar that is to come...

I have seen this many times* Oh yes* I'm going to guess that Amy will be a spark point....until you meet the future woman or there might even be several women you get involved with later, who are like her...* You will know what I'm talking about when it happens.

From what you said so far, this is more likely what is going on...it happens alot, actually. Unless Amy falls out of the sky and into your lap, of course.

My advice, if you come across a woman, or women...who remind you of Amy...physically, energetically, characteristically, ECT....that's probably your que to make a move to start a conversation...move forward, connect the dots, follow the map..it will lead you to your destiny or destination. The universe is not stagnant..it is progressive. It could take a lot longer to meet the ones or one you are destined to meet.
.. had you never met Amy. I'm going to link this to what "Lucky" has said...as I believe that is the "why" to this happening...it could even be leading you to a past life partner, which is what happened to me.

I wish more people understood that in this particular section.

Answering your inquiry, I meant that it's happened a few times over the past few years where I'd see something that reminded me of her and I think I saw her on social media one time but wasn't able to contact her (not referring to this time on Linked IN). But lately, I've been seeing a lot of things that remind me of her or I think I've seen her at random times. And it could be synchronicity or that I might be closer to meeting my soulmate if that's the case (if it's not her, that is) whoever she is. And she does have some a bit of quality that I look for in my soulmate, more than appearance, at least that's how she was at the time, taking into account that I don't know how she is now in terms of personality.

At the end of the day, we don't really know until we find out, right? Like I mentioned before in my last comment, I've recently found her on Linked IN. Should I try and reach out to her? I'll never know if I don't try, right? Maybe it'd turn out that she doesn't message me back or that she isn't my soulmate. It'd suck but I feel I'd get over it at some point. At least I'd have gotten a bit of closure. Or it could work out, but either way, at least I'd know I took a chance. At least that's how I see it.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB200
Should I try and reach out to her? I'll never know if I don't try, right? Maybe it'd turn out that she doesn't message me back or that she isn't my soulmate. It'd suck but I feel I'd get over it at some point. At least I'd have gotten a bit of closure. Or it could work out, but either way, at least I'd know I took a chance. At least that's how I see it.

Your indeed a curious one.

Personally, I think you should wait it out some more and allow the universal forces to line you both up spontaneously, as others said; "if it's meant to be, it will be." Probably well worth the surprise to bump into this person of your interest without any coaxing of rushing on in foolishly for it to blow up in your face.

However, the choice is entirely yours.

Good luck!