Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Blanket, have you tried having a real relationship? Going out and meeting someone? I think what Topology said is correct in the way that you are in love with a "memory" more or less, not really the spirit. Because at the time he was alive you didn't have these feelings and now that he's passed you don't feel as if you can be rejected and it's safe to love someone that isn't physical. A kind of failsafe for you. So that you can't really get hurt.

I can only say that the reason this can be bad for both of you is that normally people that we've known in life are not "true guides", but do hang around us. When you put a ton of emotion to them, you hold them here, in between. They stay with you to heal you and help you but you also prevent them from moving forward with their own spiritual growth. I'm sure you would not want to impede his growth and this is also impeding yours.

Finding someone in the physical will help you to get over the feelings you're having. Learning to have a good human relationship. You have so much fear in you about loving someone and being rejected. Sorry but I can pick that up straight away. This love is "safe" to you.

Actually this kind of love isn't safe to me at all and it hurts me and troubles me so for those reasons, I'll just leave it alone and suffer until time permits otherwise.
I do thank you for your input though. :)
And no, I would never want to prohibit his growth...
Old 27-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Medium_Laura

I think you misunderstood. Not safe as in "right" but safe as in, you can't be rejected or yelled at or left for someone else. He won't go anywhere, he continually sends you love and healing. That's what I meant by safe.
Old 27-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Eudaimonist

I'm not certain why this would be wrong. I recommend reframing your love as admiration for this spirit guide, and as a love of wisdom.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 27-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Guide
Dear Blanket,

The mistake here is to try to apply to the spirit realm concepts which are typically from the human realm.

There is no incest in the spirit realm, there is no fathers, daughters, or husbands, just spirits which incarnate in different ways through successive lives, throughout the cosmos.

Follow what your heart tells you without any doctrine about good and bad. Your life time is just one second in the cosmic time. If you feel that spirit as your spirit guide, just let it be without any questioning.

One of my spirit guides, one of the main ones, is now my beloved husband who passed last year.

I was told that we had many lives together in different places and ages and we had a wonderful life here too. Even though he passed, my love for him did not change, and I could say that even increased if it was possible. I do not aim at having him physically again in this, my remaining life on Earth, but we have a powerful connection. I do not wait for external signs, as the signs have always been deep in my heart.

Recently he gave me the message that he leaves me in freedom to have a new man in my Earthly lifenbut I am pretty sure of what I want and of what I do not.

I cannot tell you how your future would be, but my only suggestion is that you should listen what your heart has to say.

If some human appears in your life it will be at the right time, and both things could be in a total harmony. The best is to not force your hand trying to close any supposed hole in your life.

And finally you should not feel any fear at all, fear is a tricky illusion of mind, not only your beloved spirit guide but all the guides you have got, including your guardian angel are protecting you, provided you do not let any dark energy get into the sacred space of your soul. I recommend you make it vocal as a prayer, and you will feel much safer at all time.

Love and light,
TISS

Last edited by Tiss : 27-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 27-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Topology

Blanket,

Is it even right trying to apply the concept of guide to this person? If they've been your lover in a past life, there is that energy there.

Instead of doing anything sexual with the energy of this entity, can you let its presence fill your heart fully? And then from there fill your being?

Love can be a deep intimacy without masturbation or sexual orgasm. I don't think there's anything wrong with having the spirit of a past lover be around you.

But if you truly believe its wrong, then tell the spirit that and ask them to go away and move on.
Old 27-07-2011, 02:52 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
It means that you have not yet found your love of self, of your own spirit within and therefore are seeking love externally. You need to work on loving yourself first. You can have respect and admiration for your guides and a unconditional love.. but being "in love" is a human condition.
What she said.
Old 27-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Experiencer
I just want to add that if it is natural for you to love this spirit then it doesnt matter what semantics and conceptual stuff is brought up here.

The love is real. The words on this forum are mainly just opinions. But love isn't an opinion- it just is.

People talk about what they know little to nothing about. You have to trust your heart.
Old 27-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Medium_Laura

Sozerius, that's a bit presumptuous of you to say that we know nothing of what we talk about. I'm about 23 years older than you, had more spirit/life experiences and have coached literally hundreds of people through things just like this.. so please don't go attacking that which YOU do not know.
Old 27-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Master
I think coming back to your request of wanting to know what to do if you fall in love with your guide or angel is important. Because... we're only human and we do fall in love. It might help you to strip away anything extra and just focus on the fact that you are feeling love, experiencing it. Nothing conventional will come of it because obviously your guide or angel is in spirit but that feeling of love is still there.

Sometimes just letting the love be and acknowledging it can bring clarity to the entire situation and you may find that it's not a problem or causing angst at all. It will just be something that is. And it's entirely possible that you're experiencing this in order to help you understand what unconditionally loving something is like, so that when you're feeling ready, you can apply it to the more physical material world we live in.

Old 27-07-2011, 06:19 PM
northstar

oh my... dont beat yourself up over this... the gods/guides cant interject anything into you thats not already there... i think its lovely... and you can take that love into the world with you, you see, they dont judge you... they just love you... my guiding spirits and i were deeply in love, in fact we each had song that was our song and sometimes we would take it into the spiritual realms...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StC5lwA2snM

and she would dance around the campfire lights for me... it was... um... wow...