Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-01-2011, 04:19 AM
45Uberti

Lost soul

Hi,

For the past year and a half I've struggled greatly to find myself spiritually. I've tried christianity, soon abandonded due to its falsehood and insignificance. I’ve come to believe many things now including that we all have “spirit guides”. For many months I’ve attempted to communicate and make contact with somebody, anybody in the spirit world who can offer me guidance and truth. I desire something firm to build my psychological foundation on, my spiritual foundation, some sort of spiritual experience, a voice, vision, out of body experience, SOME sort of experience to confirm what I believe in because my beliefs don’t last long based off of other peoples experiences which is what I find myself doing all the time because I’ve never had any spiritual experience at all. I’ve received no guidance at all from the spirit world for the exception of one dream, all they did was show me in essence how committing suicide would do nothing to solve my problems. I struggle alot with motivation, inspiration, depression, suicide and the remnants of my broken childhood. A purpose in life eludes me, on top of that I was born with an autism disorder. No one from the spirit world is helping me, A spirit guide I do not have. I recently dubbed the beings on the other side to be the “insignificant beings” because, well, their existence is very.. unfelt, almost insignificant and irrelevant to life on earth. Their power is futile, they do not do a damn thing to help anybody, even people like me, who desire and seek fervently, persistently, I knocked and no body answered, I cried out for help and no body came. I find myself now extremely angry and hostile at the thought of those on the other side, thanks for abandoning me and not doing a damn thing. Worthless, absolutely worthless they are, futile, meager, insignificant and weak are all wonderful and fitting words to describe those on the other side, whom I thought were supposed to guide and help us. Right?

I’ve never been so lost before. I am very, so extremely, frustrated and angry!

Please forgive me anyone I might have offended, I hope someone will understand me. I don't know what I'm doing.

Last edited by 45Uberti : 30-01-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 30-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Ascender

Perhaps your hostile and negative thoughts are clouding your ability to connect with spiritual beings. You also seem to have a fixed conception about what to expect, and when these expectations aren't met, you simply give up. Well, that won't work. Patience and acceptance is key. They won't approach you if you're not ready, especially if you already have preconceived ideas of what it should be.

The truth can be found within, through careful and serious reflection, examination and weighing, until you find something that resonates and speaks to you. Listen to your heart and not your brain.

Don't lose hope. The spiritual road doesn't have to be arduous unless you make it so; so change your attitude and mindset.
Old 30-01-2011, 06:07 AM
dogninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2014

The truth can be found within, through careful and serious reflection, examination and weighing, until you find something that resonates and speaks to you. Listen to your heart and not your brain.

be mad, but dont be a jerk, most importantly to yourself....I understand your frustration.

If i had not had so many experiences, I would be singing the same tune, and from time to time I do sing that tune.

Experiential and intuitive knowledge first and foremost. learn the various forms of meditation and put in work. nothing in life is free.

before you fully reach out to the other sides, i agree fully with Rom up there. You want confirmation that things exist? They do exist, and your attitude will assist in dictating how, when, where, and why they become perceptible for you.

I have a poor attitude most of the time, and I am a lost soul learning and earning his way. Fumbling and stumbling like a baby who has not learned to walk. I am in no posistion to give advice. "The further one goes the less one knows..." the connection is internal... not on a website, in a guru, on an altar....

...inside....
Old 30-01-2011, 08:01 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45Uberti
Hi,

For the past year and a half I've struggled greatly to find myself spiritually. I've tried christianity, soon abandonded due to its falsehood and insignificance. I’ve come to believe many things now including that we all have “spirit guides”. For many months I’ve attempted to communicate and make contact with somebody, anybody in the spirit world who can offer me guidance and truth. I desire something firm to build my psychological foundation on, my spiritual foundation, some sort of spiritual experience, a voice, vision, out of body experience, SOME sort of experience to confirm what I believe in because my beliefs don’t last long based off of other peoples experiences which is what I find myself doing all the time because I’ve never had any spiritual experience at all. I’ve received no guidance at all from the spirit world for the exception of one dream, all they did was show me in essence how committing suicide would do nothing to solve my problems. I struggle alot with motivation, inspiration, depression, suicide and the remnants of my broken childhood. A purpose in life eludes me, on top of that I was born with a disability. No one from the spirit world is helping me, A spirit guide I do not have. I recently dubbed the beings on the other side to be the “insignificant beings” because, well, their existence is very.. unfelt, almost insignificant and irrelevant to life on earth. Their power is futile, they do not do a damn thing to help anybody, even people like me, who desire and seek fervently, persistently, I knocked and no body answered, I cried out for help and no body came. I find myself now extremely angry and hostile at the thought of those on the other side, thanks for abandoning me and not doing a damn thing. Worthless, absolutely worthless they are, futile, meager, insignificant and weak are all wonderful and fitting words to describe those on the other side, whom I thought were supposed to guide and help us. Right?

I’ve never been so lost before. I am very, so extremely, frustrated and angry!

Please forgive me anyone I might have offended, I hope someone will understand me. I don't know what I'm doing.

I dont know if you are experienceing dark night of the soul. A time when you feel very depressed, lonely and lost. It is essential that our vibrations are good enough so we do not attaract more negativity in our aura.

You do not have to stick to a particular religion to find what you want, in my experience i get insights from different religion at some phases in my life, these are guidances during certain moments and then if your heart moves elsewhere move along with it. it does not mean christianity is not good or buddhism is good etc. You just resonate with certain teachings at some phase in your life, I am not a christian by birth but i have attended Prayer retreats at one phase in my life when i was in need, sometime hindu or buddhist religion helps me with a required guidance at another time in my life.

You need to start with an attitude of gratitude. Start listing out things that you are thankful for at this moment.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:02 AM
45Uberti

Quote:

Don't lose hope. The spiritual road doesn't have to be arduous unless you make it so; so change your attitude and mindset.

Hi rom2014,

Thanks for your reply. I come here with a strong desire to learn, would you care to elaborate more on what you've said? Please.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Ascender

Haha, well I'll try :P

Let's take an example of eternal damnation. The church teaches that if you don't have faith etc, you will go to hell for all of eternity. Now, this doesn't sound right to you, does it? So, think about it, reflect on it, meditate on it, examine it, weigh it with different options until you find something that you intuitively perceive as truth. Now, do this with all questions you have about life. Don't just blindly conform to the "accepted" views of things just because that's what has been established. Question and examine it to see if it holds any validity or truth. Truth is internal, not external. I hope this helps..................
Old 31-01-2011, 12:12 AM
45Uberti

Quote:
Haha, well I'll try :P

Let's take an example of eternal damnation. The church teaches that if you don't have faith etc, you will go to hell for all of eternity. Now, this doesn't sound right to you, does it? So, think about it, reflect on it, meditate on it, examine it, weigh it with different options until you find something that you intuitively perceive as truth. Now, do this with all questions you have about life. Don't just blindly conform to the "accepted" views of things just because that's what has been established. Question and examine it to see if it holds any validity or truth. Truth is internal, not external. I hope this helps..................

Your example makes a lot of sense, i infact did just that about my beliefs in Christianity. I came to conclude within my heart that the things written about Jesus were false and that hell is non-existent.

Would you give some tips about meditation? As a beginner what should I focus on? I have given it a try and I am shocked how hard it actually is to clear your mind and keep it clear for longer than 30 seconds! I thought i'd medidate and try to concentrate on something easy such as breathing. I don't last long before my mind starts to wander. i suppose it takes a lot of practice.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Ascender

I'm glad it made sense :)

I'll direct you to Spirit Guide Sparrows meditation guide, it will help you a lot.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4070

And also if you have any questions about life or the afterlife, he is the one to go to for advice.

Afterlife:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3848

Life:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4764

I hope this helps
Old 31-01-2011, 02:48 AM
dogninja

http://gnosticteachings.org/the-teac...is-gnosis.html