Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Guide

A question about a feeling

I've been listening to an audiobook about astral projection. The author frequently mentions going through his relaxation techniques, so I figured that, because I was physically restless in general, I'd go through something. While lying down, I began to count each section of my body while aiming to relax it, visualising it turning from red to a cool and energetic blue. I took my time with this, going from my feet up, through different sections of my legs and so on as was my plan.

As I moved higher up my body, my entire lower body was that energetic blue as I maintained the visualisaition. But then I sort of felt myself drifting in some shape or form, just a tiny bit, and I felt a warm energy suddenly shooting up and down my legs. I remembered in the audiobook that the author often mentioned a feeling of warmth, so this caught my attention. It was like an energy pulsating up and down. I stayed with it for a moment before it took me out of my focused concentration, and I lost the strength of my visualiation and the feeling immediately went away. I feel like, just for example, if this had something to do with circulation or something like that, the feeling wouldn't have vanished instantaneously just because I had become aware of what I was feeling and shifted to the present moment.

My question is, what do you make of it? I wasn't sure what to make of it because of the fact the energy was only in one half of my body. I wasn't sure if it was only a relaxation technique working effectively or the start of something more. In the past, I've had two experiences with astral projection, but those came from lucid dreams where my awareness jolted into my body. In those experiences, I remember having blurry vision, but could make out in at least one of those that my surroundings were current to my waking surroundings. I also kept trying to sit up but felt like a weight kept pulling me back down, before I felt like I was being smothered by somebody and panicked my way out of the whole experience.

I don't know if the feeling in my legs had any relation but I'll work on it all the same.
Old 13-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Master

If your purpose is astral projection, the physical relaxation is just one of the steps that put you in a sugestionable state. Don't overdo it! The idea is to put your body to sleep while keeping your mind awake. Focusing on your body you prevent the dissociation of the mind from the physical.

Physical relaxation shouldn't take more than a few minutes, the first times your do it. After a little practice (1 week) a few seconds are enough, and anyway less than one minute, because your body learned the routine and the reason you do it.