Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 26-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Uranus and the quest for freedom

The astrological planet Uranus is there what I know not written any books about (please tell me if I'm wrong). It is though a very interesting planet.

Uranus is the ruler of Aquarius, and that is why that sign is so connected to freedom. The age of Aquarius have just begun, and the search for freedom can truly be seen in society.

But one doesn't have to have an active Aquarius to be occupied with freedom.

In fact - the place where your Uranus is situated, will tell you what area of your life you need freedom in. Since it moves so slow, it's mostly the house that matters. The sign tells more about your generation.

In my horoscope - I have Uranus in Virgo in sixth house. These are the sign and house for work and service. That is where I need my freedom. The generation that have Uranus in Virgo were responsible for the automatization and digitalizing we now live with. Because I have Uranus in sixth house (Virgo is the sixth sign) I also have this need for freedom from work on a personal level

I believe I wasn't able to find another way of fulfilling that without getting sick. Due to that I haven't been working since 1996. And before that I hated working.

One can say in a way that I'm neither sick or lazy - it's just the power of a giant planet that I can't fight against.

You can look up your Uranus position yourself - sign and house - and see in what area your generation and yourself need freedom.

PS! I should add that freedom from work doesn't have to mean that you don't work or do any service at all - it simply means that you do what you love to do.

Good luck :-)

minx.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Master
well minxoto as someone else who has trouble working and making money, without a Uranus 6th house placement, I feel like you're just using it as an excuse and there is absolutely no Astrological placement that should be used like that. Isn't the whole purpose of understanding our Astrology and ourselves to overcome any potential issues?

There may be things in my chart that prevent me from having an easy time working and becoming successful in that sense, but I don't blame my birth chart or see it as a viable excuse. do you really? I should have asked right away what it is that you do do in order to make money or support yourself. I mean I am not judging however it is accomplished, only just saying that we can't blame our Astrology and just assume or accept that we are doomed or incompetent in some aspect, because that's unrealistic and unfair.

So what have you found more compatible with your nature to do to support yourself? and why didn't you share details of that with us instead of just saying it the way you did? hmm that makes me think about my 6th house and how it might be a factor to look into in regards to my not working as I want and need to. I have Virgo and Mercury there. and my lack of confidence, self-doubt or whatever you want to call it, is one of the main reasons I don't try to do more. but there are a lot of things I do want to do and feel I could be great at.

Since we are talking about Uranus I'll mention I have mine in the 9th house Sagittarius, and so is my Mars squaring my Mercury almost exactly. (Neptune is there too) which is why I come off as rude, or at least part of the reason lol and I am sorry if I seemed rude in my inquisition of you above, I don't mean it in that negative sense as it probably came off, I am just inquiring and a bit off-put by the way you posed your thread introduction. I don't care if you work or not or have everything taken care of for you, I'd be happy for you, I just was against blaming our Astrological makeup for shortcomings and I think you didn't supply enough facts for me to understand more fully what you are trying to say.

Ok sorry I'll try to get back to the topic of Uranus. ahh so your chart is similar to mine with your signs landing in or near their standard houses since you mention you have Virgo in 6th house too. My daughter who is almost 1 has an Aquarius Ascendant so I should learn more about Uranus as it apparently rules her. and now I see her father has his in the 11th house so I guess that is important too. My baby's is in 2nd house Aries. I think that one of the main hurdles to my working and actualizing myself to do what I want to do has to do with my North Node which is in Taurus 2nd house. and my daughter has her Sun, Moon, an Midheaven conjunct my South Node in the late degrees of Scorpio. anyway that's not what this thread is about sorry.

My mom is also an Aquarius Sun sign and my sister has her Moon there, but I really haven't put a lot of thought or time into understanding the sign or planet of Uranus. I do think that it is amusing and hopefully understand some things about it, but you know also since it is an outer planet it gets less emphasis and attention. I know that I certainly rebel against mainstream society and oppression in general so I am likely true to the nature of mine being in my 9th house Sagittarius.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
well minxoto as someone else who has trouble working and making money, without a Uranus 6th house placement, I feel like you're just using it as an excuse and there is absolutely no Astrological placement that should be used like that. Isn't the whole purpose of understanding our Astrology and ourselves to overcome any potential issues?

There may be things in my chart that prevent me from having an easy time working and becoming successful in that sense, but I don't blame my birth chart or see it as a viable excuse. do you really? I should have asked right away what it is that you do do in order to make money or support yourself. I mean I am not judging however it is accomplished, only just saying that we can't blame our Astrology and just assume or accept that we are doomed or incompetent in some aspect, because that's unrealistic and unfair.

So what have you found more compatible with your nature to do to support yourself? and why didn't you share details of that with us instead of just saying it the way you did? hmm that makes me think about my 6th house and how it might be a factor to look into in regards to my not working as I want and need to. I have Virgo and Mercury there. and my lack of confidence, self-doubt or whatever you want to call it, is one of the main reasons I don't try to do more. but there are a lot of things I do want to do and feel I could be great at.

Since we are talking about Uranus I'll mention I have mine in the 9th house Sagittarius, and so is my Mars squaring my Mercury almost exactly. (Neptune is there too) which is why I come off as rude, or at least part of the reason lol and I am sorry if I seemed rude in my inquisition of you above, I don't mean it in that negative sense as it probably came off, I am just inquiring and a bit off-put by the way you posed your thread introduction. I don't care if you work or not or have everything taken care of for you, I'd be happy for you, I just was against blaming our Astrological makeup for shortcomings and I think you didn't supply enough facts for me to understand more fully what you are trying to say.

Ok sorry I'll try to get back to the topic of Uranus. ahh so your chart is similar to mine with your signs landing in or near their standard houses since you mention you have Virgo in 6th house too. My daughter who is almost 1 has an Aquarius Ascendant so I should learn more about Uranus as it apparently rules her. and now I see her father has his in the 11th house so I guess that is important too. My baby's is in 2nd house Aries. I think that one of the main hurdles to my working and actualizing myself to do what I want to do has to do with my North Node which is in Taurus 2nd house. and my daughter has her Sun, Moon, an Midheaven conjunct my South Node in the late degrees of Scorpio. anyway that's not what this thread is about sorry.

My mom is also an Aquarius Sun sign and my sister has her Moon there, but I really haven't put a lot of thought or time into understanding the sign or planet of Uranus. I do think that it is amusing and hopefully understand some things about it, but you know also since it is an outer planet it gets less emphasis and attention. I know that I certainly rebel against mainstream society and oppression in general so I am likely true to the nature of mine being in my 9th house Sagittarius.

I know you.

You are never a friend.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Knower
I have Uranus very close to my ascendant in virgo (tropical zodiac).

Uranus squares my moon too. I have chosen a lifestyle where I can have freedom while still living in a family setting. It have not been that easy though.
Found my soulmates early in reading authors and outsiders. In my teens I found them in the bookshell of my parents. Jean-Paul Sartre and Henry Miller among others was explored. A similar feeling of being a sort of outcast from the norm ( Uranus as "freedom from the known" (Krishnamurti ).
Tried to live out the freedom aspect through longing to be an artist. The independent lifestyle was tempting I guess. Problem was that there was no talent !
Old 08-11-2018, 12:34 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
I have Uranus very close to my ascendant in virgo (tropical zodiac).

Uranus squares my moon too. I have chosen a lifestyle where I can have freedom while still living in a family setting. It have not been that easy though.
Found my soulmates early in reading authors and outsiders. In my teens I found them in the bookshell of my parents. Jean-Paul Sartre and Henry Miller among others was explored. A similar feeling of being a sort of outcast from the norm ( Uranus as "freedom from the known" (Krishnamurti ).
Tried to live out the freedom aspect through longing to be an artist. The independent lifestyle was tempting I guess. Problem was that there was no talent !

Yes, Uranus is known for being eccentric. :-)

minx.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Let me be clear about one thing:

I don't know why.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:21 PM
Knower
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Sartre,_Jean-Paul

He was very Uranian with sun and mercury opposing Uranus.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Miller,_Henry

Also quite Uranian with moon conjunct uranus and his sun sextile uranus.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
I know you.

You are never a friend.

who are you to say? well shall I thank you for being much ruder than me so I can stop apologizing for being honest and inquisitive? I'm surprised you didn't answer to explain or defend yourself about using your Astrological chart as an excuse. well anyways your reply is hurtful
Old 09-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto

PS! I should add that freedom from work doesn't have to mean that you don't work or do any service at all - it simply means that you do what you love to do.

Minx, I think you nailed it with that sentence.

The sixth house question therefore can also be: – What greater cause are you willing to serve i.e. feel passionate about?

If you validate yourself by being able to help or be useful to others, you can easily become the draft horse for everyone’s selfish agendas and Uranus will not stand for that. You can get so swamped that the only way out can be an illness which finally enables you to say no!

So obviously you are good at something of value – but this unique gift, talent and 'genius’ of yours can only come out - be expressed in your/its own terms, as Uranus is the planet (like a guardian) of individual freedom defending your right to live your own life.