Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 15-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
I think this is sage wisdom. I always experienced "obsession" as a lost connection to myself - the focus was too much on the other.

And given what is being said about the purpose of the TF relationship, we are asked to focus on our own healing and soul growth before we can be ready to engage in a TF relationship.

I agree, I feel I'm healing & I think even after most..there will be other days where there will be new healing.. But please, explain sage wisdom in your description.. I trying google but came up with Plato.. The sage nor the fool.. I think I could not defined either in a category in opinion of self.. They say a sage does not seek love.. Yet I say I'm a fool who seeks love..unknowingly I breath because of love.. Your explanation may help me understand the difference of Plato meaning? Or is it of figure of speech & if so how do you differentiate between the sage wisdom or the wisdom of a fool who is a horder of life and its lessons? Are they indifferent? Or parallels' of opinion?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 15-12-2013, 01:37 AM
thecenterisstill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
I do not understand..Im sorry. Do you disagree? Or Do you feel your intuition which is not thought but that of feeling? Or You feel others intuition is better for an out-siders point of view?

I've been very out of touch with my intuition for a number of years for a specific reason that I'm clearing right now (I don't get into it here for my own reasons). So readings have helped guide me as my intuition comes back online. This is just me. I guess what I'm saying is that if you're not in a place yet where you are operating with your full intuitional faculties for whatever reason (as has been my experience), and whatever that means (I'll tell you when I get there, but I feel I'm on my way) I think readings can trip you up because you're just there to be told what is happening, without any sense of it yourself.

Does that make sense? Not sure, but I know I had a Tarot reading a little over a year ago when I was very very lost and it screwed with me and my process. Not the reader's fault at all, but I was not ready to receive the information. I guess that's what I'm saying. As I've progressed in this process I've become more and more able to receive guidance from others. Including my soul connection himself.
Old 15-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecenterisstill
I've been very out of touch with my intuition for a number of years for a specific reason that I'm clearing right now (I don't get into it here for my own reasons). So readings have helped guide me as my intuition comes back online. This is just me. I guess what I'm saying is that if you're not in a place yet where you are operating with your full intuitional faculties for whatever reason (as has been my experience), and whatever that means (I'll tell you when I get there, but I feel I'm on my way) I think readings can trip you up because you're just there to be told what is happening, without any sense of it yourself.

Does that make sense? Not sure, but I know I had a Tarot reading a little over a year ago when I was very very lost and it screwed with me and my process. Not the reader's fault at all, but I was not ready to receive the information. I guess that's what I'm saying. As I've progressed in this process I've become more and more able to receive guidance from others. Including my soul connection himself.

How would you describe your process of intuition? Is it of feeling or strong thought or combination of both? How can you tell what is..from fact nor fiction? I feel I make A LOT of stories & connection which are a bit out there.. And none have been proved right nor confirmed by others.. Have you had confirmation of your intuition & how did you receive it? Or do you feel you just trust in your self? But how can you trust what is on the inside with no validation from the exterior or that of another? Thank you for you explanations..

Old 15-12-2013, 02:54 AM
thecenterisstill

Quote:
How would you describe your process of intuition? Is it of feeling or strong thought or combination of both? How can you tell what is..from fact nor fiction? I feel I make A LOT of stories & connection which are a bit out there.. And none have been proved right nor confirmed by others.. Have you had confirmation of your intuition & how did you receive it? Or do you feel you just trust in your self? But how can you trust what is on the inside with no validation from the exterior or that of another? Thank you for you explanations..

It's sort of a hard question to answer right now. I've long had a sense that there was a muzzle on my intuition. As I'm clearing out I'm getting more and confirmation that that has in fact been the case. I guess what I'm doing now, for this and a lot of things, is just paying attention. Those things that happen where you say to yourself "So weird that I knew that! That I sensed it." Pay attention to those things.

Example: it's cold and snowy here today so I lay down for a nap in the mid - morning. It's also been very cold in my apartment recently and I got in touch with the man who takes care of my building earlier in the week to ask him to look into it. I didn't hear back from him all week and I kind of let it go. Laying in bed this morning it was so cold, and I thought, consciously, "I need to text him again. It's time to push him on that again." Less than 20 seconds later, he knocked on my door to come check on the heat. Either I sent him a telepathic message that led him to come to my apartment as soon as I thought about the problem with the heat again, or it was my intuition letting me know he got the message and was on his way now. Whatever it was, it has something to do with my intuitive faculties, because this is just one small example of things I've been noticing. Several months ago I would have just thought it was a fascinating coincidence. Not a coincidence.
Old 15-12-2013, 03:07 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
I agree, I feel I'm healing & I think even after most..there will be other days where there will be new healing.. But please, explain sage wisdom in your description.. I trying google but came up with Plato.. The sage nor the fool.. I think I could not defined either in a category in opinion of self.. They say a sage does not seek love.. Yet I say I'm a fool who seeks love..unknowingly I breath because of love.. Your explanation may help me understand the difference of Plato meaning? Or is it of figure of speech & if so how do you differentiate between the sage wisdom or the wisdom of a fool who is a horder of life and its lessons? Are they indifferent? Or parallels' of opinion?
Oh gosh, lostsoul! No! No! I did not intend ANY reference to a fool. I am so sorry, dear - I did not think google would come up with that!

I live in Canada. "Sage", the way I have heard it in my culture, refers to a wisdom that comes from much life experience, deep thinking about lessons, walking the talk and doing the work to keep growing. I've heard of the saying "sage on the stage" - this usually refers to a keynote speaker at a conference, someone who has done extensive work and study on a particular topic.

I mean you have sage wisdom - it sounds like you have done a lot of thinking and studying your own life journey, and have learned much about yourself and the world. That makes you truly wise.

That is what I meant! I am glad you asked for clarification - I would not want any of my SF friends to think I was EVER calling them a fool! That would be hurtful, and from what I understand, we are here to help, encourage, and be kind to each other, not hurt each other.

I wish you a good night!
Old 15-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Oh gosh, lostsoul! No! No! I did not intend ANY reference to a fool. I am so sorry, dear - I did not think google would come up with that!

I live in Canada. "Sage", the way I have heard it in my culture, refers to a wisdom that comes from much life experience, deep thinking about lessons, walking the talk and doing the work to keep growing. I've heard of the saying "sage on the stage" - this usually refers to a keynote speaker at a conference, someone who has done extensive work and study on a particular topic.

I mean you have sage wisdom - it sounds like you have done a lot of thinking and studying your own life journey, and have learned much about yourself and the world. That makes you truly wise.

That is what I meant! I am glad you asked for clarification - I would not want any of my SF friends to think I was EVER calling them a fool! That would be hurtful, and from what I understand, we are here to help, encourage, and be kind to each other, not hurt each other.

I wish you a good night!

Please don't apologise..you misunderstand me... I do not believe you called me a fool- yet I named my self as such.. Please,let me show you my logic... This is from wiki.. I quote..

"
In the Symposium, Plato draws a distinction between a philosopher and a sage (sophos, σοφός). The difference is explained through the concept of love, which lacks the object it seeks. Therefore the philosopher (literally lover of wisdom in Greek) does not have the wisdom he or she seeks. The sage, on the other hand, does not love or seek wisdom, because he already has wisdom. According to Plato, there are two categories of beings who do not do philosophy:
1.Gods and sages, because they are wise;
2.senseless people, because they think they are wise.

The position of the philosopher is between these two groups. The philosopher is not wise; but, aware that he is not wise, seeks wisdom, and loves wisdom. This distinction between the philosopher and the sage played an important part in Stoic philosophy that developed after Plato.[1]

The Stoic sageEdit

“ It is the view of Zeno and his Stoic followers that there are two races of men, that of the worthwhile, and that of the worthless. The race of the worthwhile employ the virtues through all of their lives, while the race of the worthless employ the vices. Hence the worthwhile always do the right thing on which they embark, while the worthless do wrong. ”

—Arius Didymus[2]

The Stoics conceived of the sage as an individual beyond any possibility of harm from fate. The life difficulties faced by other humans (illness, poverty, criticism and bad reputation, death, etc.) could not cause a sage any sorrow, and the life circumstances sought by other people (good health, wealth, praise and fame, long life, etc.) were regarded by the Stoic sage as unnecessary externals. The Stoics thought of the sage as an agent unaffected by life circumstances, whose happiness (eudaimonia) is based entirely on virtue.[3]

This invulnerability to harm from externals is achieved by the sage through knowledge, based on the right use of impressions. The right use of impressions is a core concept in Stoic epistemology.[4]

The Stoics regarded the sage, the truly wise man, as rare, and few (if any) examples of actual sages who had lived were ever named. Despite that, the Stoics regarded sages as the only virtuous and happy humans. All others are regarded as fools, morally vicious, slaves and unfortunate.[5][6] The Stoics did not admit any middle ground between sages and non-sages: one is either a sage or a fool. Cicero wrote that, according to the Stoics, "every non-sage is mad."[7]"

Do you understand my questions? I was inviting you into a debate nor seeking your understanding on "sage" I never heard this before only in regards to accounting... I apologies for misunderstanding... This is why I ask in ponder... How do you determine between that of a 'sage' and a 'fool' whom is a horder of life lessons? They only describe two options.. I'm create a third in the 'fool' that seeks love & becomes a horder of wisdom through life.. Thank you for giving me your definition.. Maybe now we read the same text- my questions have meaning that makes sense? :)

Old 15-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Few months ago I would have just thought it was a fascinating coincidence. Not a coincidence.

Thank you, I understand.. This sentence in hope too have in my certainty of intuition... One day.. :) I hope you he has sorted your heating problem now!

Old 15-12-2013, 06:27 AM
jojo95

Quote:
I've had three different readings in the past several months. One was to talk about twin flames explicitly, but turned into mostly a discussion of my process and some guidance. Really helpful. The other two I thought of as therapy going in, and they were, and more. I think if you go into it from a place of "Is this even real, what I feel, what I've experienced?" you're going to get a confusing reading because your energy is still confused (not a bad thing, just a place some peole are with it). The most important guidance though, comes from higher self. Three hours of readings over several months cannot even touch the clarity I've come to by myself. Just my thoughts.
Yeah i learn a lot by just sitting and thinking ot like something not me is teaching me. Could this be the higher me?