Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????

It "might be" believed as God said or even I said, perhaps it said or that alien host said. It might even be, who said, what does it all mean said. We are doomed said. Then while all the masses ponder over the green sun as to why, how when and I don't believe in god, hey but I do, do you? We will probably all turn into green little aliens and ponder the meaning of life, as Kermit must do every single day of his life..

I just don't think humans even if god spoke and the sun turned green would fall for that so easily and change just like that. But you never know..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 God = "U"niverse and/or Universe. Simple Not Complex

There exists no God except as in the definingof God as "U"niverse and Universe/Uni-V-erse.

Ergo all this he-she talk of God utter non-sense that stems from ancient mysticism and religion, with not one iota of credible evidence.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 02-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
There exists no God except as in the definingof God as "U"niverse and Universe/Uni-V-erse.

Ergo all this he-she talk of God utter non-sense that stems from ancient mysticism and religion, with not one iota of credible evidence.

r6

I don't think there's anything wrong with referring to God as "he" or "she." I try to mix them, or call God IT. I mean...when God visits me to channel, he usually comes as an old man in a robe, always smiling. But I've also seen her as a woman. In fact if I ask for "Father" I get the male, if I ask for "Mother" I get the other aspect of God, who is a beautiful, shapely, tall woman with long dark hair, again, always smiling.

I find it easier to conceive of God in one single body that I can see and interact with like another human. Of course, I know God is neither sex/gender and both in its totality, and both human and non-human, but God knows I feel happier around humanoid lifeforms because I can better read his/her mood, expression and body language that way.

I find God can appear any old way It likes!

I mean...yeah...it does stem from old mysticism but all I'm getting at is that I think it's OK to call God he or she if you want to. Maybe it's not too wise to blndly refuse to see that God can be both or neither etc. Some people are very firm in their beliefs. But I guess that's up to them.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,
As I was reading the first post of the thread I just happened to be drinking a cup of tea,the only thing that holds that cup together is Gods will!
If he forgets about all his creations then we/humans and all manner of animals, plants and all material objects cease to exist as we know it,
I am just a "thought",do you understand that,I am Gods thought,I am just a bunch of chemicals and elements made in Gods image, you can buy me in a shop,but,you can't assemble me!

I like being me,I am satisfied with the end product from the same factory that you/we all came from!

Kind Regards Billy and Moggs!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Guide

The basic issue with the whole concept of "God showing him/herself" is the notion that God is some sort of physical being.

God isn't this man sitting on a cloud.

I often think of this world more as a massively multi-player online roll playing game. The creator/programmer set the rules, designed the setting, and sets the players free to make of it what they will.

That's pretty much how I see God and his relationship to us. He created. Now it's all up to us.

As for seeing God, who's to say that we don't every day? What if God is a rainbow? Maybe that's what God looks like, or the sign he gives us that he's real. Maybe God is the sky, or a raven. Maybe God shows himself as gravity. We can't see gravity, but we obey its law and believe it exists.

Maybe God shows himself as storm clouds or a tornado? Who knows? Maybe God is the sunset, and you've just not recognized him.

I'm quite content with God doing whatever God's doing, and me living my life in this crazy world God created. I don't expect God to pay a lot of attention to my little problems. I'm just one of billions of (possibly) video game avatars...
Old 05-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
The basic issue with the whole concept of "God showing him/herself" is the notion that God is some sort of physical being.

God isn't this man sitting on a cloud.

I often think of this world more as a massively multi-player online roll playing game. The creator/programmer set the rules, designed the setting, and sets the players free to make of it what they will.

That's pretty much how I see God and his relationship to us. He created. Now it's all up to us.

As for seeing God, who's to say that we don't every day? What if God is a rainbow? Maybe that's what God looks like, or the sign he gives us that he's real. Maybe God is the sky, or a raven. Maybe God shows himself as gravity. We can't see gravity, but we obey its law and believe it exists.

Maybe God shows himself as storm clouds or a tornado? Who knows? Maybe God is the sunset, and you've just not recognized him.

I'm quite content with God doing whatever God's doing, and me living my life in this crazy world God created. I don't expect God to pay a lot of attention to my little problems. I'm just one of billions of (possibly) video game avatars...

Hello,
God knows your every thought,he knows it all,its his love and his thought that makes me Billy,just because we get free will does not change the fact that I am an idea turned into physical form.

And the purpose of this forum is to bring a whole lot of different ideas, thoughts, culture's and thinkers together to say their bit
Every part of me and my spiritual body and all the different levels to the Godhead are a thought/idea of God!

Regards Billy and Moggs.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Guide
It would cause so many problems, just like if aliens announced themself with ships across the globe
Old 11-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
But you're seeing God as an outside, personified force/energy/being.
What would you expect God to do?

The Abrahamic religions have different views on who and what God is
and through that most of the troubles of the world have erupted.
"My God is true, yours isn't." sort of thing.

To the Gnostic, God is within us, showing us what we should do, if we're
willing to see. The God of the Bible is a demiurge who tried to seize power
from the true Creator. That's where things have gone wrong.

Simple, God could do this. But knowing some of our human nature, even having knowledge may not be enough in the big picture. Did not the angles know God, but it didn't work. Is this more a big picture here for our own good.

If God wanted to change up it would use the resources already available, not something exotic. God could turn on the audio stitch in every human to the on position within the brain and everyone would hear God's. Communication and message everyone hears the same time. We'd even know when people weren't telling the truth either.

But imagine if God were always around, we'd lose free choice. There'd be no interpretation any more everyone hearing the same information (but not the same experience of it). Still all the books that could have been the same but aren't would make all the questions mute. You couldn't fool anyone as everyone would know.

But here's the thing, we still might end up living a life we'd don't want forcing ourselves to live one way. What if it's better to have our freedom.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:49 AM
Knower
We all see 'god'
We just don't realise it.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:46 AM
Master

All of these answers, suggestions, rebuttals, advice and all the rest don't really answer my question and are also full of assumptions.

It seems that 2000 or so years ago a 'thing' we call 'god' sent his son, as his/its/her representative, to Earth to get us (starting with a handful of uneducated, illiterate and probably unwashed camel drivers, sheep farmers and fishermen) to set us on a right 'path' and to, right at the end, promise us a 'Kingdom of Heaven'. This KoH depends apparently in the end to a thing called 'rightousness' and to the following generations of these desert dwellers to have faith in something invisible, (except that of course which surrounds us, as for instance the chair upon which I am sitting) and to be morally perfect - which also gets very complicated especially if taken seriously.

So, to keep it short I'll be continuing to ask myself this question and puzzle over the thought that if 'god' had been, was, is visible, the choice I have between moral predicaments would be clear and still wouldn't prevent me being morally abominable if I so wished, seeing quite clearly (presumably) the consequences.

I'm one of these people who prefer clarity to confusion.