Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 12-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Seeker

Does your family know about your spirit guides?

I have just recently awakened and developed clairaudience. I now channel my dear departed Mom & Grandma by choice..since I am fairly new at this and want to get a feel before I widen my boundaries. I use automatic writing to communicate. My family doesn't know I now have this psychic ability. I was advised by my spirit guides not to tell them as they would not understand. But if your spirit guide has a message for a family member, how do you let them know. I recently received a message from my grandma for my Dad and she wants him to move locations. How do I convey this to my family ?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousW
I have just recently awakened and developed clairaudience. I now channel my dear departed Mom & Grandma by choice..since I am fairly new at this and want to get a feel before I widen my boundaries. I use automatic writing to communicate. My family doesn't know I now have this psychic ability. I was advised by my spirit guides not to tell them as they would not understand. But if your spirit guide has a message for a family member, how do you let them know. I recently received a message from my grandma for my Dad and she wants him to move locations. How do I convey this to my family ?

Oooh it's a really hard situation to be in, isn't it? But well done for being brave and following your own path. I guess it comes down to how your family works. In my case, I just started easing them into it by coming home with different books, crystals etc then just eventually came out with it and ignored anything they said that wasn't nice. By then they had an idea anyway and even since being a kid I've always been the odd one out so no real surprise. Now they are just used to me and being 'different' from the rest of the family and I can put up with the occasional remark sent my way. Good luck with how you choose to do it.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Newbie ;)

It's up to you to decide if it's right to "come out" to your family and deal with any repercussions. I have to some members of my family and chosen to keep my beliefs private to others - like my dad lol.

Messages can be communicated through ways which others can accept them without you deceiving them - phrasing things like "have you thought about moving? Or I had a weird feeling that you should x" can make it more palatable to those who don't subscribe to your truth. I think messages are important to convey but they need to be understood completely, like why, how, who etc. Guides can even offer suggestions or set up situations in which messages can be more readily received. It doesn't hurt to ask imo.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:13 AM
Seeker

Thanks . I would definitely like to share this with my sister. We are very close and I know she will understand. I was just concerned about why my Mom's spirit guide told me not to tell my sister that I can communicate with her when I asked her if I can share my experience. I'm a little confused.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Seeker
Coming out to your family can be a very sensitive process as you are never sure how they will react. That is something that you will have to decide when is the right time if any time. I agree with Moongrass's advice, I would recommend getting creative in how you communicate this message in a way that the message is received. I'm excited about your spiritual journey and you're awakenment, please post more as I'd love to hear more!

And of course, don't give up hope.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:32 PM
ant

March to the beat of your own drum.

Perhaps at this stage,mum's the word in regards to telling your family and focus on your new found self.

Over time they may notice the changes in you and you can then slowly broach the subject.

Perhaps look at other ways for your dad to 'switch' eg:subliminal/suggestive and decide in his own mind,that it's time to move.

Plant some seeds.

Good luck.: )

Ps.Worth mentioning,we are all born with psychic abilities,just that some get the switch flicked back on.

Nothing special,don't get caught up on labels.