Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 12-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Master
I Love Your God!

There, I said it.

I Love your God.

And I hope you love mine.

Your God means a lot to me. I hope He/She/It makes you happy.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Master
Does anyone else find themselves being able to love other peoples (version of) God?

Old 17-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Master
No, because there is only ONE GOD, but all of our idol's point to that ONE GOD, I cannot love your idol, not after experiencing the true GOD.
Old 17-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Does anyone else find themselves being able to love other peoples (version of) God?

I think so. I remember Homer Simpson when he got into bad trouble, prayed to all the gods, please help me Allah, Shiva, Jesus, etc. I am pretty sure that when we think we're in a whole mess of trouble, we'll call out to anybody's god, heh.

Old 17-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No, because there is only ONE GOD, but all of our idol's point to that ONE GOD, I cannot love your idol, not after experiencing the true GOD.

But why would an experience of God lead you not to love others people concept of God?

Old 17-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
But why would an experience of God lead you not to love others people concept of God?
Me sorry, i love your god, but when you realize the God within, which is all that there IS, then everything else, just seems, well like a teddy bear, cute but not real lol.
Old 17-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Ascender

At the end of the day, despite the dissimilar conceptions and interpretations of God, it all means the same thing. So you loving other peoples interpretation of God is essentially the same as loving your own, since it all points to the same thing anyway.
Old 17-10-2011, 05:38 AM
mattie

How Does One Love Something One Doesn't Believe In?????

What I love is the freedom for ALL to choose how they see the Universe ordered. I love this right for me & while I don’t necessarily agree w/ others’ POVs, I love their having the EXACT same right as me about this.

For those who don’t believe in how others see this energy (God), it is likely impossible for them to love something that they simply don’t see as existing. It’s not a matter of having any issue w/ God or being against God. Some simply see the Universe ordered FAR differently. This is similar to how one can't fear a Satan/Devil that one doesn’t belief exists. Or conversely, how one who believes in the Devil/Satan & truly fears spending eternity in everlasting hellfire & brimstone torture if they fall short of the required benchmark can fathom how others simply don’t fear this at all. How can they fear something that isn’t real for them?

I doubt it is reasonable to expect others to love something they don’t see as existing. How is this supposed to happen? Respecting that others have the EQUAL belief to have their own chosen beliefs & loving this right genuinely is very reasonable.

I’m not so sure that this works in reverse. Do those who love a separate deity, however they view this deity (controlling, loving, favoring one tribe, seeing all equally, parental, micromanaging, distanced, punishing, respectful) love others’ very different view of the Universe in the same way that they love their (view of) God? Or whatever their view is of how the Universe is ordered. This view may be the Universe(s) being integrated w/ the energies they call God manifesting in everything, but w/ NO separate ruling deity of any kind. It’s easy to agree w/ this theoretically, but I suspect this is much more difficult in real practice to have a real love for a belief one simply doesn’t have.

Really dispense w/ the notion of a supreme deity whatever it is called (source/god/prime creator) & see the Universe as an organism w/ various dimensions. Can you really get behind the idea of no ruling deity, yet see others’ integrated Universe w/ the same fondness & reverence as you see your source/god/prime creator????

Or go the real distance of really loving the atheist’s position of God not existing or the agnostic’s position of God only being proved by material phenomena, claiming neither a for or against position about a controlling, supreme, or ruling deity (God). Are you loving the very different concept that we may not have ANY afterlife, that we may just have our one lifespan here, then cease to exist in any manner whatsoever, even as a nonphysical spirit/soul in the same way that you love your God &/or your view of your spirit/soul being eternal???

Tolerance doesn't require that one accepts (or loves) the differing belief.
✩☆Everyone should use the beliefs that they are comfortable w/.☆✩
Old 17-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
At the end of the day, despite the dissimilar conceptions and interpretations of God, it all means the same thing. So you loving other peoples interpretation of God is essentially the same as loving your own, since it all points to the same thing anyway.
But where that can change is when you have a god that wants revenge and all the rest of what can be an evil god.
Old 17-10-2011, 05:51 AM
mattie

Comfortable With One's Chosen Beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

We aren't required to love others' differing beliefs, but just to see that others have the same right as us to having their own differing beliefs.