Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 06-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Master
Science saying "There is no Death"

Hi,

I found this information quite interesting.

https://beyondbiocentrism.com/biocen...-eternal-nows/

The human consciousness is our spirit self which is an eternal identity. We tend to think of it as our human intellect which goes away when the body stops working.

Being human requires us to work with our brain to do just about everything. So for sure it is very important. However getting it to work with our spirit self can be an issue. I guess the logical brain does not know, because we do not teach it, that there are aspects of us which are eternal and that it can contribute to that aspect of self, or not.

I suspect that science will eventually teach us a great deal about spirituality.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Seeker

Cool stuff!!!!

Thanks!
Old 29-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I found this information quite interesting.

https://beyondbiocentrism.com/biocen...-eternal-nows/

The human consciousness is our spirit self which is an eternal identity. We tend to think of it as our human intellect which goes away when the body stops working.

Being human requires us to work with our brain to do just about everything. So for sure it is very important. However getting it to work with our spirit self can be an issue. I guess the logical brain does not know, because we do not teach it, that there are aspects of us which are eternal and that it can contribute to that aspect of self, or not.

I suspect that science will eventually teach us a great deal about spirituality.

John

John, hello there!
I agree we have eternal consciousness and we have a unique individuation of that consciousness in each incarnation. I have learnt quite a lot over my handful of lifetimes that I recall, and the journey continues.

You also get right to the crux of the matter. We must connect with who we are at centre to truly know ourselves. But in order to do that, we have to awaken and then live with awakened mind in service to awakened heart.

I know that many say I have opened my heart but was blindsided by life and now it's a bit beat up or broken down. There is a way forward, through the heart vessel (or structure) of equanimity and the aqua vita of lovingkindness within it and flowing from it. We need to learn to hold both within us, in order to heal and continue to live from centre. From the heart-led consciousness.

If science becomes humble enough to acknowledge the primacy of being (that is, of being lovingkindness and equanimity) to intellectual knowing, then it too will teach us great things about who we are, beyond simply how things work. Just as philosophy and spiritual teachings through the ages have done. Because, like all we do and all we create, its ultimate purpose is to further us on our individual and collective journey(s). To be honest, I think science and technology can and should first be applied to heal trauma to the body and the environment, and to minimise suffering through disease and poverty. Secondly though, science can certainly also be applied to study of the origins and nature our material world and to some aspects of consciousness, those which can be mapped or measured.

To your OP, I think the realisation that there is no death of consciousness could help to remove a great deal of fear-based beliefs and behaviours. We still need to care for the material world, our bodies, our environment, etc. These things have finite expressions. But perhaps knowing about our eternal consciousness will help to assuage and heal that existential fear of winking out of existence when the body passes. Because I for one feel quite strongly that this does not occur...and hence my belief that there really is no time like the present...we're all going to be in this now moment for a very, very long time so why deny it and be an **** about it (or to others)? Let's get on with being the love and striving to be kind even when it's difficult...as Hillel said, it is the crux of the way, to live (be and do) in lovingkindness toward self and others. The rest is commentary ;)

I never lived very long in other lifetimes and I feel a bit giddy and a bit strange but in a good way. I didn't know what to do with myself for the 1st several years after I passed 35 or so and have just focused on raising my son and trying to sort and heal past life related things...and reaching out to close soul family with love...even where I was resented. Now I feel I've got a second wind about me...I will get to be a part of the lives of those close to me for hopefully a good long while this go round and that's truly a blessing. I know because I've never been this way before, and it's a beautiful thing to be able to express love and kindness in this material world. It's beautiful because it's not always easy, and because we know we have to take choices to be kind and loving. These are truly beautiful things...both the lovingkindness AND taking choices to be kind and loving.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke