Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-06-2020, 11:49 PM
JustASimpleGuy

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits," (Matthew 7:15-20).

"For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart," (Luke 6:43-45).
Old 06-06-2020, 11:57 PM
Master
duplicate post - system keeps 'hesitating' before it 'saves' an 'edit'

Last edited by davidsun : 07-06-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:35 AM
Master
deleted duplicate post
Old 07-06-2020, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits," (Matthew 7:15-20).

"For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart," (Luke 6:43-45).
Exactly! I am a would-be prevailing-philosophy and social reformer who grew up in India where I 'saw' firsthand the 'fruit' of 'selfish' caste-system 'accepting' social 'detachment by members of supposedly 'holistic' (i.e. 'non-dual') 'priestly' classes. The Pope thought that Martin Luther was an agent of 'the devil' too!
Old 07-06-2020, 12:48 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Exacty! I grew up in India where I 'saw' the 'fruit' of 'selfish' caste-system 'accepting' social 'detachment by 'priestly' classes.

Well, this isn't the India of your childhood and there's no caste system and no Brahmin caste. Why allow your childhood experience to poison your heart and turn your words into bitter fruit? Maybe it's time to let go?
Old 07-06-2020, 01:05 AM
Master
duplicate post
Old 07-06-2020, 01:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
What do you 'think' 'Love and Joy' is - cotton candy?

The bottom line to my exhortation (to those who can 'hear' me) is: rigorously use the capacity which 'you' have inherited*, which is to:

THINK!

* "Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." (Matthew 25)

Well, maybe not 'you' - that is, not yet, iamthat.

I don't particularly care for cotton candy.

And my exhortation to you is to let go of thinking and simply BE.

Peace
Old 07-06-2020, 01:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Well, this isn't the India of your childhood and there's no caste system and no Brahmin caste. Why allow your childhood experience to poison your heart and turn your words into bitter fruit? Maybe it's time to let go?
What's happening here-now is only 'superficially' different, methinks. What you articulate here strikes me as probably being like what some of the 'Scribes and Pharisees' must have thought of Jesus's activities and teachings. Here's some of what Jesus said to them (compared to which my comments to you and your positionality rather 'tame' , I think): https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...44&version=KJV
Old 07-06-2020, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I don't particularly care for cotton candy.

And my exhortation to you is to let go of thinking and simply BE.

Peace
My answer is 'I won't". Doing that I think and feel would be a kind of Life-abdication, hence suicide - My 'sense' is that Life in not something 'simple'. You are welcome to proceed (or fail to) on such basis, if you wish.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Ah, David, you dismiss Ramana's clothing as "diapers", as if to try to belittle it.
I was trying to 'ring' some 'bells' in your head - there is an element of ("the emperor has no clothes on" story) 'truth' in what I said, I think.