Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-04-2018, 08:00 AM
Master
It's funny the talk about home ect, when I was younger I was homeless. It was more by choice then anything so don't feel bad. For me it was the adventure that really made me feel alive. Since then I became a responsible adult at one point bought a house got married lived the white picket fence life style. And then really realized how fragile that lifestyle was lost my job and everything went went with it. I know it's a too common story. Since then I got remarried and live a simpler life and I'm content. But just content. Not truly alive. I miss that adventure I once had. I just dream of having it again or something fire that spark.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Eelco

Spirituality has always been a part of my inner search for as long as I can remember.
As a child growing up in an atheistic household. I spend a summer going to church every sunday for instance.

Then when I was nine and read roald dahl's The wonderful story of Henry Sugar I spend hoers and hours looking at the lightbulb in my room. I wasn't allowed a burning candle to meditate on.

In high school we talked to spirit's using ouija boards.

When I was about 17 or 18 I found books. Chacra's ,advaita vedanta, Osho, sai baba you name it. Enrolled in various body work courses. Bio energeicks, reich's breath work, rebirthing yada yada yada..

Druidism, wicca, the works of Bo Yin Ra, spend a year or so learning biological dynamic farming. Antroposophy and then ascension.

A few years ago dove into Buddhism.

The more I learned and experienced the more I feel like Benjamin Button. The older I get the more I seem to grow young and ignorant..

These days I am no longer sure why bother at all.
That said I have a 10 day vipassana retreat coming up april 9 through 20.

I guess my main reason is that I feel my inner and outer experiences or knowing don't line up. So I keep searching until they do.

A fun fact is that even though I thought I would rise above it all at some point. I seem to become more and more ordinary. More and more human. With every human trait available to be. The good and the bad and feeling at peace with just this.

With Love
Eelco
Old 04-04-2018, 08:25 AM
boshy b. good

Stuff makes sense out
of sincere or something
Old 04-04-2018, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
It's funny the talk about home ect, when I was younger I was homeless. It was more by choice then anything so don't feel bad. For me it was the adventure that really made me feel alive. Since then I became a responsible adult at one point bought a house got married lived the white picket fence life style. And then really realized how fragile that lifestyle was lost my job and everything went went with it. I know it's a too common story. Since then I got remarried and live a simpler life and I'm content. But just content. Not truly alive. I miss that adventure I once had. I just dream of having it again or something fire that spark.
maybe I just need a road trip, and nice weather.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Master
Why am I involved? to try and recapture the awe, wonderment and amazement I had as a child, before I 'learned stuff' and it all went away...it went 'bye bye'.

I realise there's more to existence than mere existing because life seems so purpose-less and without any point and surely there must be a point or a moral to the story.

At the moment, I'm trying to work on seeing how everything is connected...and while I fully realise it is, there's still 'dots' that are just 'dots' without any lines making up the whole picture, but then, the whole picture will still be a series of dots with lines connecting them after the fact.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Why am I involved? to try and recapture the awe, wonderment and amazement I had as a child, before I 'learned stuff' and it all went away...it went 'bye bye'.

I realise there's more to existence than mere existing because life seems so purpose-less and without any point and surely there must be a point or a moral to the story.

At the moment, I'm trying to work on seeing how everything is connected...and while I fully realise it is, there's still 'dots' that are just 'dots' without any lines making up the whole picture, but then, the whole picture will still be a series of dots with lines connecting them after the fact.
That's a little bit why I am here too
Old 04-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
There's many reasons why people gravitate towards spiritually, as a way to cope, self elentment, or just a way to feel good about the choices they have made ect... What's your reason? What are your spiritual goals and why? I know them are some tough questions to be completely honest to because of fear of being"judged" but really think about it and post what you feel.lets open a deep non judgemental topic.

hallow,

I find that spirituality is an antidote to the fast paced material world that we live in.......a chance to slow down and gain a new perspective.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:19 AM
Master
Like others who have responded here, I needed to seek the meaningful core in myself, get to the place where I felt balanced & okay, and learn something during this incarnation.

I was born into a family that was struggling to some extent — never going hungry, but never having things all shiny & new and relaxed. My mother was kind-hearted, looked for the good in people, and had a natural interest in spiritual things. My father had something hard-bitten about him… ethical, responsible, but tough & short-tempered. He had a need to put a cap on open discussion within the family. All that was compounded with the fact that I went through school being anywhere from three months to a year younger than my classmates, so got picked on bit by the bigger guys.

School in a lot of western North America is a place where you encounter other students who come from very different cultural and value systems. That in itself can present challenges.

I ultimately came out of childhood & adolescence feeling confused and disempowered… emotionally caved-in. Toward the end of high school I’d located the bohemian gang and their hang-outs. I’d started reading Eastern philosophy, Western philosophy. After graduation from high school, I tried entheogens, got into meditation, studied psychology and cultural anthropology. Went hiking and camping. Learned to cook, experimented with diet. Lived as a cottage renter on a farm, tried food gardening. Felt no need to spend my money on new shiny things or the latest consumer fads.

Life came alive.

The thing is that at the core of all this was spirituality, because the degree to which I progressed with it the more energy and clarity I had to untwist and disencumber my emotional self. I’d say that spirituality leads to empathy and personal energy, and helps you to mature well. Other people may have gone through a childhood & adolescence like mine and soldiered on… just repressed the confusion, hurts, inner conflicts. I don’t know why my path has been different from that, but I’m glad it’s been.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:31 AM
Pathfinder

I was doing a lot of research on the holographic universe theory. From there I began learning about the bare bones of quantum physics and whatnot. From there I began to question the nature of reality. Shortly after, I remember praying. I wasn't affiliated with any religion and wasn't extremely spiritual either. When I prayed that night, I asked to learn how to love without ego, and in an unattached manner. From there, I began to wake up. That caused a complete breakdown in my life. Through spirituality, I'm learning how to love in the way I prayed for. I'm also learning how to live with integrity, and follow my bliss. It helps guide me through the haze of society. Now I'm living with love in hopes of helping others wake up and heal themselves.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Spirituality has always been a part of my inner search for as long as I can remember.
As a child growing up in an atheistic household. I spend a summer going to church every sunday for instance.

Then when I was nine and read roald dahl's The wonderful story of Henry Sugar I spend hoers and hours looking at the lightbulb in my room. I wasn't allowed a burning candle to meditate on.

In high school we talked to spirit's using ouija boards.

When I was about 17 or 18 I found books. Chacra's ,advaita vedanta, Osho, sai baba you name it. Enrolled in various body work courses. Bio energeicks, reich's breath work, rebirthing yada yada yada..

Druidism, wicca, the works of Bo Yin Ra, spend a year or so learning biological dynamic farming. Antroposophy and then ascension.

A few years ago dove into Buddhism.

The more I learned and experienced the more I feel like Benjamin Button. The older I get the more I seem to grow young and ignorant..

These days I am no longer sure why bother at all.
That said I have a 10 day vipassana retreat coming up april 9 through 20.

I guess my main reason is that I feel my inner and outer experiences or knowing don't line up. So I keep searching until they do.

A fun fact is that even though I thought I would rise above it all at some point. I seem to become more and more ordinary. More and more human. With every human trait available to be. The good and the bad and feeling at peace with just this.

With Love
Eelco
there's nothing wrong with just being human, it's funny, that's one the hardest things to admit. Just plan old human. I see it like walking down a dirt road picking up what I find along the way and maybe learning a few things too about fellow human. Just simply doing the best I can to be a better soul step by step,day by day. A wise man once said to me "cause that's all you can do".