Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Master
Funny how you bring this up... I recently started reading the Kryon channelings (because I heard about it here)... At first, I was enjoying what I was reading, because it resonated and balanced what I read in my "personal bible," the Book of Earth (another series of channelings). However, the more I read, the more the info started to not resonate. You know why? Because all I was reading was ego. Kryon is supposed to be this big tremendous angelic collective entity, but what sort of entity would say (and I quote) "Don't believe it? Well, you should! We wouldn't be telling you otherwise!"

I know that could be interpreted as "tough love" or "tough wisdom," but that's not the only example. It all sounded like ego to me after a while. And what do you know? The guy who channels Kryon is well-known... he tours around the world, makes a profit off his shows and books... etc.

On the other hand, the Book of Earth resonates with me 100%. I can't find the slightest sliver of ego in it. If it's there, it's undetectable on the surface. But guess what? The woman who channeled the Book of Earth isn't well-known. She doesn't tour around the world and make profit off her channelings. She sat down to find her truth, compiled it into a "book," and sent it off to the publishers in her country... but it was rejected, so she put it up for free on her website.
It's all love, zero ego. And it's the channelings I will resonate with for a very long time - until it's my turn to find my truth.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Master
The Kryon messages have always resonated with me. They expect each of us to use discernment. The same was true about Jesus Christ. He taught that there was the God essence within each of us and that this is what we should find and align with.

I would say "Don't believe Anything" until it resonates with you. Listen to others until you sense that they are not speaking "your truth". Then kindly ignore them.

Now the messages of Kryon are primary intended for the less then 1/2 of 1 % of our population. That implies that 99.5 % of us will not resonate with these messages most of the time. I quote Kryon a lot. That is because the messages have a little something for a great many of us. My thinking is take a little bit of wisdom from here and there and then become more personally aware. There is no One other person exactly like you so why would you ever think you could take another's advice as always completely factual???

It is true that our culture lacks the personal empowerment skill called discernment, for the most part. However we are learning to accept and reject information based on how it resonates with us. This is actually a form of discernment. The problem is that when it tends to be an all or nothing experience, we toss away the good or apply the invalid as if it were accurate.

We all have the ability to go within and listen to the self. When we can learn to discern our ego from our wisdom, we become empowered. Once we are empowered, we can listen to any channel, or any fool who will speak with us, and discern their wisdom from what they say. That is primarily because the essence of God is within each and every one of us, even the fool. That essence(of the fool) knows when we are listening and when there is a helpful message for us. So even the fool can speak to us and have a message from God for us.

That saying about how a Wise man can learn from a fool and the fool can not learn from any wise man is actually about this power of discernment.

Those are my thoughts on this topic.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 11-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
The Kryon messages have always resonated with me. They expect each of us to use discernment. The same was true about Jesus Christ. He taught that there was the God essence within each of us and that this is what we should find and align with.

I would say "Don't believe Anything" until it resonates with you. Listen to others until you sense that they are not speaking "your truth". Then kindly ignore them.

Now the messages of Kryon are primary intended for the less then 1/2 of 1 % of our population. That implies that 99.5 % of us will not resonate with these messages most of the time. I quote Kryon a lot. That is because the messages have a little something for a great many of us. My thinking is take a little bit of wisdom from here and there and then become more personally aware. There is no One other person exactly like you so why would you ever think you could take another's advice as always completely factual???

It is true that our culture lacks the personal empowerment skill called discernment, for the most part. However we are learning to accept and reject information based on how it resonates with us. This is actually a form of discernment. The problem is that when it tends to be an all or nothing experience, we toss away the good or apply the invalid as if it were accurate.

We all have the ability to go within and listen to the self. When we can learn to discern our ego from our wisdom, we become empowered. Once we are empowered, we can listen to any channel, or any fool who will speak with us, and discern their wisdom from what they say. That is primarily because the essence of God is within each and every one of us, even the fool. That essence(of the fool) knows when we are listening and when there is a helpful message for us. So even the fool can speak to us and have a message from God for us.

That saying about how a Wise man can learn from a fool and the fool can not learn from any wise man is actually about this power of discernment.

Those are my thoughts on this topic.

John

I didn't say I took it all as fact. My comment had nothing to do with that. All I was saying was that I felt the Kryon channelings were infused with ego, and I just made the observation that Lee Carroll is well-known and makes a good profit off his work. I'm not saying that the Kryon channelings are false; it's the way they're communicated to the readers and audience that bugs me (although I will admit some of the things Kryon claims to be true doesn't resonate with me at all). So you're saying Kyron/Lee purposefully makes the channelings sound egotistical to train the audience/reader's discernment? Shouldn't they be trained in discernment already?

From the few passages I read of Kryon, I can only say I resonate with about half of the information. And personally, I was getting a little exhausted of all the "feet washing." Yeah, it sounds wise and all-loving, but I don't know... there's something I can't put my finger on about this "entity." Maybe it's the ego. Or what I perceive to be ego. But I would rather not have a WISE, ALL-LOVING entity tell me what I "should" be thinking (oh wait - that's a test in discernment, right?)

Well, I'm glad those channelings resonate with you... I'll stick to my BOE until I feel the need to probe Kryon's brains for more.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Joshua_G

John,
I agree with most you said, other than I'm not familiar with Krion's teaching.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_G
Over the years I encountered quite a few channellers. Some of them were truly amazing (for a while). At times I also receive information from within, especially when it concerns assisting others.

However, there is a phenomenon I observed with all the channellers I new personally. Each and every one of them started as a genuine channeller, who channeled amazing things from very high sources, at times from probably the highest source. Each one of them started to gather fame, or students, or both. Some time after that happened, they stopped receiving genuine messages. I assume it is because of their egos swelled, due to their fame and students' admiration. So, having fame and/or students but not having genuine channellings, they started to fake it - at times knowingly and at other times unknowingly.

Once I was a student in a channelling school. The teacher/channeller was a very honest person in his personal and spiritual life. One day he took me aside and asked me to give him a "reading". What I received from within was that he stopped channeling. I told him that and he acknowledged it to be correct. I had the impression that he suspected it, but wasn't sure about it. He acknowledged what I told him out of (probably) his responsibility for me as my teacher. (However he didn't stop giving readings and he didn't close the school, not for a while).

Other channellers didn't know they stopped being a genuine channel, though I could tell it for sure, because of they delivered erroneous messagees.
It is difficult to remain a beginner. Our thoughts begin to form patterns and we become unreal in our responses. Unreal in the sense of not being genuine first level responses but only the closest matching response pulled from the memory store.

Channeled messages must also form patterns and eventually become habitual and unreal.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_G
John,
I agree with most you said, other than I'm not familiar with Krion's teaching.

Hi Joshua,

We are the same age 68.

The Kryon information is well known in the new age channeler's community. They have a getting started page at their web site for those new to this material. You may want to check it out if you are interested in doing that.
http://www.kryon.com/k_25b.html

Lee Carroll has 12 books and hundreds of free channeled messages on their web site. Most of the new material appears as an audio message and is posted on its page.
https://www.kryon.com/k_freeaudio.html

Some of that material is re-channeled and translated to written information and put here.
http://www.kryon.com/k_25.html

There are currently 116 of those available for evaluation. Since we are all uniquely biased, it is not expected that any of us will accept everything ever spoken by Kryon. Yet in my view, it is a truth for some of us.

Not only that but our collective truth is evolving. The concepts presented 23 years ago are revised and expanded upon. Imaging having a book like the bible that evolved along with humanity. That is unthinkable for many of us.

The ego we need to be concerned with the most is our own.

I hope my thoughts on this and my insights about channeling and ego are helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Joshua_G

Hi John,
Thank you very much.
Personally I'm not interested much in reading messages, channeled or not. I'm more into trying to tune to my own inner realms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
The ego we need to be concerned with the most is our own.
Indeed.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Joshua_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
It is difficult to remain a beginner. Our thoughts begin to form patterns and we become unreal in our responses. Unreal in the sense of not being genuine first level responses but only the closest matching response pulled from the memory store.

Channeled messages must also form patterns and eventually become habitual and unreal.
It sounds correct to me.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Robert Goodwin

This is a good point Joshua. I would suggest that 'ego' can become a problem with some people. Unfortunately, when some individuals become more proficient in channeling information from a higher source, they can start to believe their own publicity as it were, and think that it is they themselves who are the source of the wisdom being received. Humility is a trait that must be encouraged and developed from an early stage if the instrument (medium) is to remain a pure conduit through which information can pour. There is always some colouration from the mediums own mind, but provided this is kept to a minimum it is acceptable. I would suggest that a 95/5% split in favour of the spirit guide would be OK. It is when the balance shifts and there is more of the medium than the teacher that it becomes problematic and unreliable. There is no reason why the purity of information cannot be retained over many years provided the medium recognises that it is not he (or she) who is the source, but a higher non-physical intelligence. In my own case, having allowed White Feather to speak through me for around 40 years, I can honestly say that the link has got stronger and there is now more of his personality coming through. A guide will always be limited somewhat to the restrictions placed by the instrument of course (mentality, health, mindset, beliefs etc) and spirit guides know this from day one, but I have found that provided I allow my own conscious mind to be moved aside and completely trust the guide that is communicating, it is not a major problem.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Neville

Hello Robert,

Quote:
I allow my own conscious mind to be moved aside and completely trust the guide that is communicating,

I whole heartedly agree. One of the greatest barriers to energy communication in my experience is and has been the lack of trust.
"Oh it's just my imagination" or "No that can't be right" being just two of the oft spoken words I have come across along the way :)