Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 04-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Seeker

seeking a change

i have a pattern that i’m trying to break. i grow extremely uncomfortable and unfulfilled with the repetition of life. Im in full awareness of myself and i work on myself constantly, but i grow old and tired of my everyday routine, and i aspire for more within my life. im working on endeavors that i am hoping will accrue financial benefits, but i grow very ungrateful with what i have because i cherish life and i want to feel excitement and adventure daily. i need that in my life!

please help me shake this depressive feeling, and tell me what i need to do to live comfortably with what i have.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Master
Your depressive feeling seems to be telling you what you need. Maybe listen to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmxnz
i want to feel excitement and adventure daily. i need that in my life!
Old 04-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Knower

Quote:
i have a pattern that i’m trying to break. i grow extremely uncomfortable and unfulfilled with the repetition of life. Im in full awareness of myself and i work on myself constantly, but i grow old and tired of my everyday routine, and i aspire for more within my life. im working on endeavors that i am hoping will accrue financial benefits, but i grow very ungrateful with what i have because i cherish life and i want to feel excitement and adventure daily. i need that in my life!

please help me shake this depressive feeling, and tell me what i need to do to live comfortably with what i have.

I very much relate to you right now (and it definitely seems to be a pattern for me too) I suspect for you, it comes from your desire for growth and positive change within, of course your perspective on life is going to reflect this. Like the poster above said, you seem to have answered your own question with wanting adventure and joy, is there any way you can experience any of this now?
Old 04-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Master

Quote:

Your posting is a bit vague. What do you aspire to? What excites you? What would you really like to be doing with your life if you had the choice? Do you want to travel? Do you want to live somewhere different? Are you held back by financial issues? Do you have this feeling that life is happening somewhere else and you are missing out?

It seems like you need more clarity. Be clear about exactly what you want and then work out how you can make it happen. Otherwise you will live in a state of dissatisfaction. But be aware that whatever you do, you will take yourself with you. If you are dissatisfied with your life now then you may take that dissatisfaction into any new situation.

Repetition is the nature of everyday life. Even excitement can become a repetitious search for something new and different. But the occasional excitement or adventure can help to shake us out of our daily routine.

Peace
Old 05-12-2019, 02:10 AM
Seeker

thanks so much! i will take that with me.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:16 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Your posting is a bit vague. What do you aspire to? What excites you? What would you really like to be doing with your life if you had the choice? Do you want to travel? Do you want to live somewhere different? Are you held back by financial issues? Do you have this feeling that life is happening somewhere else and you are missing out?

It seems like you need more clarity. Be clear about exactly what you want and then work out how you can make it happen. Otherwise you will live in a state of dissatisfaction. But be aware that whatever you do, you will take yourself with you. If you are dissatisfied with your life now then you may take that dissatisfaction into any new situation.

Repetition is the nature of everyday life. Even excitement can become a repetitious search for something new and different. But the occasional excitement or adventure can help to shake us out of our daily routine.

Peace

i completely understand. i was very vague because i’m being 100% vulnerable in acknowledging what i feel, so im all over the place! i’ve sat down and had that talk with myself, and i truly aspire for a life where my creativity and non-profit services will financially sustain me, to the point where i don’t have to stress.
I come from a lower income family that wasn’t able to put me through college. so, i had to force myself into the corporate world, one in which i convinced myself i would love, but i don’t. i love the people but it isn’t my calling. my impatience is growing rapidly.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Lorelyen

Start some affirmations - not the wishy-washy ones you so often see paraded here. Keep them simple; look only to the future - so "a better life is coming to me day by day" is plus; "I'm going to escape my depression (or whatever)." is negative. "I shall spot opportunities for improving my lot little by little" is probably better as a start but you can tailor it to your needs.

Keep them practical. Repeat them often. Don't expect results overnight. It'll be several weeks before they start to kick in, so keep up the staying power.

There are other things to do but they take a little more work and commitment so I rarely mention them here. There are no quick answers if you're looking for a solution in 'the spiritual'.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
i completely understand. i was very vague because i’m being 100% vulnerable in acknowledging what i feel, so im all over the place! i’ve sat down and had that talk with myself, and i truly aspire for a life where my creativity and non-profit services will financially sustain me, to the point where i don’t have to stress.
I come from a lower income family that wasn’t able to put me through college. so, i had to force myself into the corporate world, one in which i convinced myself i would love, but i don’t. i love the people but it isn’t my calling. my impatience is growing rapidly.

Yes, the corporate world is not for everyone. It does have material benefits (and financial security is not a bad thing) but it does not suit all temperaments. I always found that the corporate world was like a game where you had to play by certain rules, but at the end of the day it was just a game.

I don't know what you mean by non-profit services or how they will sustain you financially. If they are truly viable then do you have the option of working in your job part-time so you have some income while you develop your more creative work? You may be impatient with your current position, but successfully doing something else will require clear vision.

Peace