Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 27-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Au... It's a good idea to check out the websites that in progress and Uma and I gave in the posts back on pages 1 & 2 of this thread. Understanding can help the odd experiences not seem quite so weird.

Xan
sure thing its the weird vibrations and feeling energy all around me that i still search for answers to
Old 27-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Au... It's a good idea to check out the websites that in progress and Uma and I gave in the posts back on pages 1 & 2 of this thread. Understanding can help the odd experiences not seem quite so weird.

Xan
i picked out some things from your second link i could relate to over the last 6 months-

Intensified or diminished sexual desires

Headaches, pressures within the skull

Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; dreams or visions; healing powers

Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.

Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body

Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating

Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)

Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations

I spent a lot of time at the doctors over the last 6 months with queries about those things.

i had been blaming that third eye chakra for everything as it seemed tied in somehow.

Grr they had no idea and nor did I what its all about. Just that I am medically ok. - and poorer from all the tests.
Old 27-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Edy31

Au, I am not very much experienced with this, but I'd like to share what helped me.

When I was walking in crowded places, or when I was in a cafe, in the beginning I would get like a boost of energies that made me feel sick. I stayed away from crowded places for a while.

Keeping a good diet is very important. More meet helps a lot with grounding, if you are a vegetarian more root vegetables help. When I had a lot of energy I ate a cheeseburger and that would do it for that night. Not often though, I don't like fast food :)

Pay attention to what causes the energies go crazy. I used to love a carrot cake, but two times that I ate it my energies went crazy. I also switched to decaf, and almost stopped eating sweets for a while.
Jogging also was not good for me. I found yogurt helps a lot with reducing the heat and with grounding as well. Diary foods are great generally.

Spending time with myself, just being, doing nothing looked like it helped. Going out for walks in nature is very important.

What works for some, does not work for others, and everybody's experiences are different, so you must make your own experiments.

Edy
Old 27-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Master

I love that!! Energy going crazy when eating carrot cake! I never responded like that to food after kundalini.

The only times I recall the energies responding excitedly to something was right before and right after kundalini. It was to meditation, trying to sleep (and I didn't get much for awhile!), things I read and once to a book I picked up. I picked up the book, energy got excited, put it down, energy calmed. Picked it up again, energy went nuts again! That was kind of fun. The book was "Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation" by Christopher Hyatt.

I knew someone who responded to color energetically which influenced the color of the clothing she wore.

Anyway, the crazy energy responses lasted less than a week or two and the chaotic energy flow lasted about a month for me after kundalini awakening. This was also the time a few people (strangers) responded to me as if we were long lost friends, waving at me vigorously w/ big smiles! That was both a little bewildering and fun.

I totally agree w/ Edy, anything that keeps the physical body busy will help. All I have to do is get up and start walking. That works immediately for me though I don't seem to need it anymore. Digesting heavy foods keeps the body busy too. Nature helps, touching rocks or trees, going barefoot, etc.

Lightworker, your symptoms remind me of some of mine before kundalini awakening. Eventually the uncomfortable parts will subside.
Old 27-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Edy31

in_progress, I too believe that what we read has effects on the energy. When my spiritual awakening happened, I was reading the book 'Autobiography of a Yogi' by Paramahansa Yogananda, I still haven't finished it, because every time I pick it up the energies are felt a bit more.

I think in general, whenever you think of Kundalini you will feel it flowing, just an impression I have.
When my energy is really fired up, I feel it like I have a spear inserted along in my spine, that goes out from the top of my head, that has happened 4-5 times and lasted about 30 min.
Old 27-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Master
I'm just thinking about energy shake ups in general not necessarilly having to do with our own Kundalini experiences per say but opening up to energies from our surroundings, becoming more energy sensitive and more vulnerable to absorbing other stuff that isn't really our stuff...

I recall a time when I was trying to meditate with a friend whose presence is normally very uplifting. We were sitting very close by and I just couldn't meditate. My being was full of disturbances and it was driving me crazy. Then the thought came to me that it might be her stuff influencing me so I moved away some distance and voila - I was able to go into my centre.

Later as we talked I found out that she was going through a period of mental-emotional turmoil...so no wonder.

p.s. If it is just prana doing its thing there will be no transformation in consciousness. If it is a true Kundalini experience, you will feel changed, your perception of the world will change and you will behave differently than you did before. That consciousness never goes away, although the energy will subside (because by then it will have done its work). Consciousness shifts gradually. It doesn't mean you're suddenly enlightened, only more enlightened than you were before.

p.p.s. I thought of an analogy for this which makes sense to me. "Ordinary" energy shakeups are like when our physical bodies get sick and all the white cells come to the rescue and then we have all kinds of symptoms as the body tries to intelligently and energetically shakes itself free of the offending virus or bacteria. "Transformative" energy shakeups are like the big transformational changes in the body, hormone changes such as in puberty, pregnancy, aging and death. There is always a transitional period which involves energy and it is always followed by a period of peace.

Last edited by Uma : 28-12-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 27-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Master
walking is the thing that makes my energies flow, walking in the sunshine does it. even now months later not much has changed except the night time freaky dreams have stopped unless I allow myself to go to that place with stars and visions.

son as I walk i feel everything around me more with my hands. because my fingers feel my legs passing through , I often walkk now with my hands away from where the path of it is because it is annoyingI think in general, whenever you think of Kundalini you will feel it flowing, just an impression I have.

@ eddy31-When my energy is really fired up, I feel it like I have a spear inserted along in my spine, that goes out from the top of my head, that has happened 4-5 times and lasted about 30 min.
i get something like that too its like a wave ripple thing that goes up and down my body usually in meditation. maybe it is something else not Kundalini
Old 27-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Master
Great discussion on this thread! Thank you all.

Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.

Here's more about this Inner Sound Current: - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

Xan

Old 29-12-2010, 03:40 PM
dreambot

"When I was walking in crowded places, or when I was in a cafe, in the beginning I would get like a boost of energies that made me feel sick. I stayed away from crowded places for a while." - quote

I've got this problem too. I find the energies of people in crowded places at first OK - but very soon I detect a lot of intensity which feels 'chaotic' and makes me want to get the hell out and just be alone in my room to recover...I was walking through a supermarket and felt 'oh my god..everyone's energy is ugly!'

By ugly I meant that I could detect all the minor stresses, blockages, Intents and so on. I usually feel the worst when I've just come out of my meditation and I am very calm & peaceful and then go into a crowded place!

But anyway this is a topic about kundalini awakening and I THINK I have had some symptoms of awakening. Since I wrote them down I will paste it here to see what other people think about it:

The first opening:

I am writing this from memory, as it happened over 5 months ago.

The first major energy opening was felt while focusing on the lower spine during tai chi practice.

It felt like an explosion of energy, and an upwards waterfall of flowing qi. The pleasure was so great, that my mouth was pulled into a smile, the sensation was better than drugs and quite remarkable.

It felt like the lower part of my spine (only the lower part) had it's energy channels become 3 times wider...and a lot more qi was flowing through a lot faster.

An amazing experience, which lasted till the next day, upon which I felt normal again (but with a permanent upgrade of qi I think).

It is worth noting that this opening was opposite the first tan-tien (energy centre in the lower abdomen)

The second opening:

This second opening occurred 5 months after the first opening, after I did my small universe meditation (this is also the same as the microcosmic orbit) and my circle walking.

I had just done the small universe, and felt lovely and calm inside, with good energy flowing, and heat felt in the lower spine and in the internal organs. After this I went to do 30 minutes of circle walking, by which point it was 6 am in the morning and still dark.

When doing the circle walking I noticed large increases in qi, my lower spine became very hot, which was the first time I experienced that from circle walking (prior to this I had usually only felt the hands and feet heat up).

After the lower spine getting very hot, the heat rose, and made the middle of the spine very hot...this place was opposite the heart chakra, the second tan-tien (energy centre).

After the circle walking was complete, I began to get an intense burst of energy in the upper spine, which could be described as a glowing white star, about the diameter of a penny. This star was vibrating white light very fast, and was a lot hotter than my previous qi. I called it 'a new type of qi.' Because it felt hotter, more concentrated and higher vibrations than the normal qi I get.

For a qi comparison, the first qi I normally get feels like a misty clump of warm gas about the size of a fist, it floats inside where my mind focuses. This second type of qi from the upper spine was like an intensely hot, small ball of white light, which radiated out.

It felt so intense it was like having a star in your back, an overwhelming sense of compassion, sadness and joy kept running through me, it felt like I was going to cry. Euphoria also accompanied this feeling, like an energetic form of ecstasy, I felt like I had too much care and compassion for the universe as a whole.

I was lucky enough to experience this opening before college, so I was intensely euphoric and happy throughout the day. I still felt some of this opening the following day, but on the third day I felt just calm, anti-stressed and the euphoria had vanished.

After this second opening I felt my qi permanently rose...I have always been able to sense that white star in my upper back since the event took place, even if the magic of that day is forever gone.

Hope that is interesting~

dreambot
Old 29-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Master
Edy:When I was walking in crowded places, or when I was in a cafe, in the beginning I would get like a boost of energies that made me feel sick. I stayed away from crowded places for a while.

dreambot: I've got this problem too. I find the energies of people in crowded places at first OK - but very soon I detect a lot of intensity which feels 'chaotic' and makes me want to get the hell out and just be alone in my room to recover...

I usually feel the worst when I've just come out of my meditation and I am very calm & peaceful and then go into a crowded place!

Naturally you feel the contrast most when you come out of the quietness of meditation into the mind world, when you are open and sensitive.

What helps the most with discomforts like you two are describing is Conscious Breathing. Bringing your attention down into your lower belly, below your navel, and continuing to breathe there just a little more deeply than usual. If your attention goes back up into your head, where most of us usually hang out, just bring it back down and breathe....

A variation is called Releasing Breathing, inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your slightly open lips, like a little letting go sigh.

You can make it a habit.

And yes... walking helps a Lot!

Xan