Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 13-12-2012, 10:32 PM
healthyeater1

Difficulties with EFT.

I am new to this forum and am excited about finding it! I am familiar with EFT for a number of years but haven't any huge success with it. Having said that, I often feel greater energy and vitality after a few rounds of tapping but the feeling doesn't last! However, there is something about EFT that keeps drawing me back to it.
One of my problems with it is that I feel I almost have to be a detective trying to find issues and aspects. I have a problem with procrastination and the more urgent something is to get done, the more overwhelmed and stuck I become.
I would love if anybody could give me a statement that removes blockages, e.g. I was thinking of something like 'Even though I have blocked energy, I choose to release it and have my energy move freely'
I would love any ideas or comments.
Old 13-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyeater1
I am new to this forum and am excited about finding it! I am familiar with EFT for a number of years but haven't any huge success with it. Having said that, I often feel greater energy and vitality after a few rounds of tapping but the feeling doesn't last! However, there is something about EFT that keeps drawing me back to it.
One of my problems with it is that I feel I almost have to be a detective trying to find issues and aspects. I have a problem with procrastination and the more urgent something is to get done, the more overwhelmed and stuck I become.
I would love if anybody could give me a statement that removes blockages, e.g. I was thinking of something like 'Even though I have blocked energy, I choose to release it and have my energy move freely'

Hi and welcome. I've been using basic EFT for about a year, and I am astounded at how well it works for me. When I come up with a good, fitting phrase/issue, I try to keep it close to the wording as it came to mind, adjusting as needed - so, I'd suggest that you use that phrase where you said "...problem with procrastination...," and immediately after use the becoming overwhelmed if it's a priority. I often end up with a big long string of things to tap at and I am thrilled at how much it's helped me. I think it's important to keep the basic phrase framework including the ending "I deeply and completely accept myself" - I think that's half the magic of EFT.

Best of luck with it.

Old 14-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
I am new to this forum and am excited about finding it! I am familiar with EFT for a number of years but haven't any huge success with it. Having said that, I often feel greater energy and vitality after a few rounds of tapping but the feeling doesn't last!
No, it wouldn't unless you actually resolve a fixation and maybe not even then.

Quote:
Clear any negative emotions which are demotivating you.

Quote:
It takes quite a pressure of energy to shift the sludge which holds the issue in place. That's why you need to focus on the part of the aura where the issue is held.

Good job in asking questions. Most people learning EFT do it wrong and just assume it's nonsense.
Old 14-12-2012, 09:18 AM
healthyeater1

Thank you to both Silvergirl and Aquarian. I have plenty to work on.
Old 14-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Kaceykat

:) I just took Carol Look's online tapping seminar for anti procratination. I know JUST what yr talking about: the more the anxiety builds, the more it can freeze the system.

She was very helpful in talking about procrastination as a mechanism protecting us from various issues, either the stress of actually doing xyz and being JUDGED on the results, or the rebellion against being required to do something "You're not the boss of me" toddler syndrome, which I have at the moment.

Just one example: I am about a month late on paying my Union Dues which will cost me $40 dollars. Since I took the seminar, I have figured out that I am very angry at them for several failures to protect its workers in various situations, and also for a stoopid accounting screw up some nasty lady did on my account. I'm so mad at them, in fact, that I have yet to tap on the situation, altho the seminar was last Thursday. So now I'm procrastinating on tapping too!

But in my family, anger wasn't allowed to surface, which is why it is better in my unconcsioucs mind just to bury the whole mess and cough up the $40 I guess. Stooopid I know but... thank God for Tapping! Am pretty sure am going to get to it today though because am getting kind of sick of dealing with it...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:40 PM
healthyeater1

Thank you Kaceykat. Apologies for delay in replying to you. I hadn't checked in on this site for a while. Thank you for your reply. I understand perfectly what you mean about keeping anger under wraps! That is my own experience with it too. I think you cause yourself more problems behaving in a way that goes against the grain unless you have some training for it!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Master
oh hey healthyeater, if you're still lurking around I would like to add some advice,

in the book that I read about EFT, well it was called ESM in the book (emotional self management) anyways, in this book they had a couple extra exercises, like a balanced breathing exercise, and this polarity reversal technique and I think another thing. the book is called Instant Emotional Healing. please check it out through google! they have some of the exercises, with pictures, somewhere findable online or pick up the book from your local library or online, it's a really cool one
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Rin

Quote:
First, you need to change your approach and not do EFT but let EFT do you, in a manner of speaking. Playing detective, waiting for and anticipating that something will surface is what prevent anything from surfacing.

Second, your statement about blocked energy is too vague.
Where do you feel the blocked energy? Tap on that.
Cannot feel where it is? Tap on that.
Getting frustrated, anxious, because nothing seems to work? Tap on that.

Tap on what is present, not on what you think the issue is.

Good luck