Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 26-01-2011, 04:33 AM
SoaringSpirit

Personally, to me, a pendlum is simply another tool. Yes, I like them and collect them and have quite a few, but in my case (and I think in the case of many others, but not all), I don't 'connect' with my pendulum as such, I use my pendulum as a tool to communicate with a source (of information).

I have never yet heard of anyone's pendulum exploding....
Old 26-01-2011, 05:14 AM
AngelBreeze

Questions About Pendulum Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi AngelBreeze,

Interesting to read about the pendulum swinging in different directions to show a person's gender , I never knew this. I am not quite sure I am understanding this, or the reasoning for this ?

What is the purpose in the pendulum swinging differently to show a person's gender ? I know who I am , and if I am asking questions for a male friend, does it matter to the pendulum ?

And another question for you please, regarding the training of the pendulum to swing a certain way for a certain answer ~ why do we need/ want to do this ?

I always thought the pendulum chose the direction to swing in for the answer it is giving. When I work with my pendulum, I start by asking it two questions, a definite, I already know the answer is yes question, to see how it will be swinging for a yes.... and I ask a definite, I already know the answer is a no question, to see how it swings for a no.

And for almost the entire time I have worked with my pendulum which is approx a mere year or so, not sure exactly and I don't work with it on a daily basis ....I had never gotten a maybe answer. One day the pendulum was swinging in a circle, not a yes answer (which for me the pendulum swings to and away from me, in front of me ) and not a no answer ( which for me the pendulum swings side to side ) ..... so I asked it was the swinging in a circle an answer for maybe ? and I got a yes answer.

There have also been times when I get no answer at all - the pendulum stays still, not swinging at all.

If it makes things easier, instead of re- copying my entire post, you can just answer the questions in order posted .
Thanks much, in advance for your replies !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Hi Dream Angel! (Be prepared for a long response. By now you should know me and my long-winded answers!)

In answer to your first question, the pendulum swings in a different direction, for example, when programmed to do so to indicate the gender of a person or thing (yes, even plants have a sex.) But it does so for the main benefit of the user of course. Since the pendulum works with what is called "sympathetic vibrations", when near or over let's say a picture of a female, it would swing in the direction you have programmed it to swing for that gender. And it would swing a different way to indicate a male in order to avoid confusion.

Many times women who are pregnant will want to know what the sex of their unborn child will be. Of course with today's modern technology we know that is possible to ascertain but a quicker way to obtain that answer is with the pendulum. And to further answer your question about the 'why' of it, you can already see, I am sure, that if the pendulum was to just freely swing anyway it wanted you would have to guess what it was trying to tell you thus it would be very difficult to know, when asked to answer about the pregnant woman's unborn baby and what the sex would be. But with the pre-programming 'code' how easy and quick it would be to know! And that's just one example. When trying to find out the sex of a plant, for instance, without the pre-programmed code how would you know? With the code, you would be able to tell instantly that if it rotated or swung this way it was male but if it rotated or swung the other way it would be female. That's why it is important to program the pendulum!

As to your second question "What is the purpose in the pendulum swinging differently to show a person's gender ? I know who I am , and if I am asking questions for a male friend, does it matter to the pendulum ?"

I believe I have answered this question in my previous paragraph. As to your second question asking if it mattered to the pendulum when asking questions on behalf of a male friend, no, it would not matter to the pendulum itself per se, but if you wanted to see if your pendulum was correctly programmed you would need to first pre-program it in a way that to you would indicate a certain answer to relay to your friend. For instance, when you held it in front of your male friend or over his picture the pendulum would not just start gyrating and going haywire in an uncontrolled manner, or show something else you could not understand. In effect, you would already know it was Spot On with its answer in a way you could truly understand!

Your third question regarding the training of the pendulum to swing a certain way for a certain answer has, of course, already been discussed.

I will take your next question. "I always thought the pendulum chose the direction to swing in for the answer it is giving."

The pendulum does indeed chose the direction for most all answers to questions you ask. However, and again, if you did not give it instruction so that it could know how to swing or move in answer to a given thing, it would be difficult for you to know what it was trying to convey to you. For example, without programming your pendulum, if you asked it if there was water at a certain area the simple answer might be "yes." But if you ask it where, specifically, it may start to pull, gyrate, go in a circle, go back and forth, go from side to side to the right, go from side to side to the left, etc. and how could you know what it was trying to tell you?

Again, you see that with pre-programming the pendulum where a certain question would involve a simple yes answer, you would teach it to swing a certain way, and for a simple no, you would teach it to swing the other way e.g., for yes, swing Clockwise, for no swing, Counterclockwise. Now you would have no difficulty in knowing the answer! The other way you could do it (that appears you might be more comfortable in doing) is to ask the pendulum "Indicate which way you will turn to indicate a Yes answer." And also, "Indicate which way you will turn to indicate a No answer." In that regard you would be letting the pendulum do all the work to indicate which way it will swing for you when given a certain question. That can also be done.

Let's go on to your next question or part of your statement for the sake of brevity: "..... so I asked it was the swinging in a circle an answer for maybe ? and I got a yes answer."

Because you asked your pendulum to indicate if the answer was a maybe, what you already knew to be the "yes" response was thus indicated. So, you, in effect, had already done a programming of sorts. But instead of asking it questions and then trying out different things to get the correct answer, why not just teach it to swing a certain way for a 'maybe' answer, etc. That way you would not have to ask "Are you swinging this way to indicate a maybe?" You would already know by the swing that it was a 'maybe'. You see, this also saves much time in your work to pre-program your pendulum and it will help you against the time-consuming round about way of trying to get answers!

To answer your final question:"There have also been times when I get no answer at all - the pendulum stays still, not swinging at all."

When the pendulum does not give you an answer it is because you either did not ask or phrase your question in the correct form to give it something to work with or it cannot give you an answer at that point in time as it may be something that is not meant for you to know about. Remember, when a person asks the pendulum to give them the numbers to win a major lottery, they seldom ever do win it that way! That is something the pendulum simply will not do and that is to provide correct answers to help someone cheat. That would go against the grain so to speak. If it did provide the right answers always, we would all be millionaires!

If pushed to give an answer anyway, more than likely the pendulum would give you an incorrect answer or set of numbers. That is because there are ethics involved with pendulum usage and the Law of Honesty always kicks in. Therefore, a good rule to follow is: Always ask the pendulum an honest question; always respect another person's right to privacy when asking questions; always be ethical in your questions; and never mis-use your pendulum for anything other than for honest, benevolent purposes.

Those were all excellent questions, Dream Angel! Thank you for asking them. Remember to always say a prayer to God first before beginning any pendulum work, ask if you are ready to proceed with questions, surround yourself with God's pure white light, take several deep breaths to relax, and most important of all, always thank God before and after a pendulum session.

Many blessings to you always!
AngelBreeze xx

Old 26-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Master
Wow, this is an amazing topic, I don't believe this has come up much before.

Does it have to be store bought or can you just make one from whatever you want like home-crafted?

And I'm sort of unclear on if it swings 'forward', doesn't it have to swing forward, then back? Thanks for helping me understand how the pendulums are to work~

Old 26-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Silvergirl,

I have heard both ways, a store bought pendulum and those made hand- crafted. My first pendulum was actually a pendant necklace. I was reading the posts on the forum about pendulums and thought, I want a pendulum too. However, it was about 2am and the stores weren't open, so I looked thru my jewelry box and found a necklace that I thought might work. Yes, it did work.

Some months later, I wanted to wear the pendulum as a necklace again... however, the chain broke. Then the outer circle around the medalion part of the necklace broke ! I took this as a sign, that it wanted to remain a pendulum and not be a necklace anymore. I also have a clear crystal pendulum, but I tend to use my first one the most.

In my experience yes, when I get yes answers my pendulum swings back and forth, towards me and then away , then towards me again.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi Silvergirl,

I have heard both ways, a store bought pendulum and those made hand- crafted. My first pendulum was actually a pendant necklace. I was reading the posts on the forum about pendulums and thought, I want a pendulum too. However, it was about 2am and the stores weren't open, so I looked thru my jewelry box and found a necklace that I thought might work. Yes, it did work.

Some months later, I wanted to wear the pendulum as a necklace again... however, the chain broke. Then the outer circle around the medalion part of the necklace broke ! I took this as a sign, that it wanted to remain a pendulum and not be a necklace anymore. I also have a clear crystal pendulum, but I tend to use my first one the most.

In my experience yes, when I get yes answers my pendulum swings back and forth, towards me and then away , then towards me again.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Thanks, Dream Angel. OK, so then, a 'yes' answer your pendulum (or any pendulum?) swings to you, then away. If a 'no' answer, it swings side to side, right?

That was a cool story about your necklace. So I take it you were able to fix it then use it to this day?

Old 26-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Wow AngelBreeze ! That was quite the long answer and I do appreciate you taking your time and energy to reply to my questions and explain your answers so clearly .

Now, I understand the reasons for programming the pendulum, makes total sense, especially in the example of the women wanting to know the sex of their unborn children.

Does one need to program the pendulum, each time it is used ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
When the pendulum does not give you an answer it is because you either did not ask or phrase your question in the correct form to give it something to work with or it cannot give you an answer at that point in time as it may be something that is not meant for you to know about.

Therefore, a good rule to follow is: Always ask the pendulum an honest question; always respect another person's right to privacy when asking questions; always be ethical in your questions; and never mis-use your pendulum for anything other than for honest, benevolent purposes.

Those were all excellent questions, Dream Angel! Thank you for asking them. Remember to always say a prayer to God first before beginning any pendulum work, ask if you are ready to proceed with questions, surround yourself with God's pure white light, take several deep breaths to relax, and most important of all, always thank God before and after a pendulum session.

oh yes, I do understand the idea of no answer, means that something is not meant for me to know. This also makes sense.

and of course to only asking honest questions and respecting another's privacy - always a good reminder to hear this.

and I will add the prayers. I always ask for the white light of protection to surround me.

many blessings to you,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Thanks, Dream Angel. OK, so then, a 'yes' answer your pendulum (or any pendulum?) swings to you, then away. If a 'no' answer, it swings side to side, right?

That was a cool story about your necklace. So I take it you were able to fix it then use it to this day?

You are welcome Silvergirl. The swinging to me and away from me for a yes answer - is just for me. Others may have a different way of getting their yes answer... or as AngelBreeze was just telling me... you can program your program to answer by swinging in the direction you want it to swing for a yes and a no and a maybe answer.
( my I am a quick learner AngelBreeze ! - I give all the credit to you for being such a great teacher ! )

so to answer your question about the no answer, for me ... my pendulum swings sideways, side to side. And for a maybe answer, for me ... it swings in a circle !

oh no, I didn't fix it to wear as a necklace. I kept it as a pendulum, as that seemed to be it's preference. It broke because it didn't want to be a necklace anymore. It was the strangest thing, and it wasn't because the necklace was old and just fell apart.

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-01-2011, 06:01 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
I have never yet heard of anyone's pendulum exploding....

This is good to hear, I never heard of this happening either. I am curious to hear amys explanation of why / how her two pendulums exploded.

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-01-2011, 06:28 AM
SoaringSpirit

I have occasionally had crystals which have cracked or broken when exposed to very high levels of negativity for sustained periods of time, but have never had any 'tool' explode.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Experiencer
"Swing Time"

The fact of the matter is that forward, back, right side or left upon asking the first question or determining the crystals gender is the direction one would assume is a "Yes" or "No" response.. (varies with each user)

As for the "Exploding Pendulum" We have 15 Different pendulums.. and at least two have broken.. (at the tips) but not to the point where they've simply exploded..

Also the reason I've not responded to many of these questions at this forum and others.. Is I'm getting the feeling there is to much negativity going on within the post themselves.

People respond to one another as if to "provoke" someone reaction. Thus I'll not argue about these forum topics.. I'll state my point of view and nothing more..